Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > age, appearance and what you think      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sushisue
Msg: 101
view profile
History
age, appearance and what you thinkPage 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Gwen...you rock! I just turned 60, I'm not over weight and I don't know what people think. I've got lots of lookers but no contacts even when I contact them first. Not all people in their 50's have weight problems Mjinict ...I think the real issue is that they are stuck in a rut and don't want to make room in their lives for a significant other, haven't gotten over their other failed relationships or whatever. Actually, a little attention from the opposite sex is a great motivator to get in shape and stay that way, lol!
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 102
age, appearance and what you think
Posted: 7/5/2012 6:28:17 PM

You may have to choose between overweight and underpaid, ha ha!

Guarantee the underpaid hottie will be chosen over the Maytag Washing Machine swathed in a yard of lace & polyester, LOL!
 five-marie
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 6:34:09 PM
Gwen, I thought maybe that was your mother,there was a resemblance.
I find men my age attractive however I've been getting a lot of mail from men 65 plus lately. This tells me they don't find women their age attractive.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 6:44:39 PM
i prefer men my age or older -- we have more in common as life "reference points", but I find that I am not physically attracted to them, and they don't seem to care about updating their looks to reflect their "handsome, older selves." I just can't deal with the big, nasty bushy moustaches, the old-fashioned "grandpa" clothes, or the men who proudly brag about "not owing a pair o f dress shoes or a shirt with a collar." And mostly every time I am with a group of people in my age bracket, others that don't know me think I am a younger sister, or something.
 Paderic
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/5/2012 7:00:31 PM
You may have to choose between overweight and underpaid, ha ha!

The woman I am currently dating is neither. But then, she also hasn't turned 50 yet.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/5/2012 7:30:40 PM

I just turned 60, I'm not over weight and I don't know what people think. I've got lots of lookers but no contacts even when I contact them first.

I am surprised--you are a nice looking woman. My profile is hidden because I have been seeing someone for several months. I have gone through the pool on POF, though, and unless new fish swim into the pond, I am (or wasn't) expecting to meet anyone here.

I am approached by men on a fairly regular basis in real life. I have asked men, including my boyfriend, WHY men are attracted to me (besides the hair)--there are many women prettier than I am and many who are thinner. They all say the same thing: I am approachable. I smile, I dress well, and I am very friendly. My sister says that I have never met a stranger and my son rolls his eyes when we are in public together because I talk to people.

My profile is rather sparse right now, but when I try to attract attention with it, I try to project my personality in my writing. It is rarely serious and I show, don’t tell, what I am like and what I like.

.I think the real issue is that they are stuck in a rut and don't want to make room in their lives for a significant other,

True. And right now, I think this will be a sticking point in my present relationship: he wants a long-term partner and I want a boyfriend.

Sigh.

Gwen, I thought maybe that was your mother,there was a resemblance.

You don’t know how right you are! When I saw that pic, I thought, oh no! I am my mother!
 Holyfknchrist
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/5/2012 8:17:36 PM
Here Here! Im 48 going on 12 sometimes. my last girly friend was 51. I do like young looking women naturaly just as women like young looking men. It is a natural thing. We all just have to act as we feel and life will be good everyday.
 nativerock
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/6/2012 4:13:09 AM

The pickins aren't great when it comes to women in their 50's. Most of them are overweight, if not obese or morbidly obese.

Let me see in my 20's I was about 123 pounds, and now 113 pounds.. I cannot date a whole lot of men because they double my weight.. lol
 rearguard*2
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 4:57:03 AM

I cannot date a whole lot of men because they double my weight.. lol

Simple.....fatten yourself up a bit! Dunkin Donuts is right around the corner, after all.....a Big Mac with flies for breakfast, a third ponder with cheese and onion rings for lunch, and a healthy Filet of Fish with a blueberry turnover and ice cream for dinner should do it. In no time at all the number of possible men who are the same weight as you will be so large that you won't know which one to waddle up to......
 Paderic
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/6/2012 6:55:33 AM
Let me see in my 20's I was about 123 pounds, and now 113 pounds.. I cannot date a whole lot of men because they double my weight.. lol

My weight is about the same as it was in my twenties. At 166 lbs, I guarantee you there is no shortage of women in my age group that double MY weight. Even someone six inches shorter and the same weight isn't what I would find attractive.

If you look at the percentage of each gender who are overweight or obese, you'll find they are very close. And that is the point that I was trying to make.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/6/2012 6:58:53 AM

If you look at the percentage of each gender who are overweight or obese, you'll find they are very close. And that is the point that I was trying to make.

And since we know dating is competative, a prudent person would make their odds very favorable w/ watching their intake & exercising!
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 7:17:56 AM
Blonde Angel;

And since we know dating is competative, a prudent person would make their odds very favorable w/ watching their intake & exercising!

So simple yet so true. We guys have it 'easy' as we age when it comes to attracting a mate. We can control the variables that most women are looking for. We can be fit, hygienic, respectful. It's not rocket science. sure our looks, height, etc. are still 'there' but diminish in importance as women learn through experience what they are seeking in a mate. People mention 'chemistry' but that instant chemistry will certainly be enhanced if she's greeted by a guy who is fit, well groomed, has a nice smile and opens ther door for her.
 mjinict
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 7:25:50 AM
So the odds are better for finding a mate for overweight people since there are so many of them?
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/6/2012 7:30:19 AM

So the odds are better for finding a mate for overweight people since there are so many of them?

heck no- just cuz there are many, doesn't mean they want eachother! The slimmer ones are more desireable, so to make yourself beat the odds, stay slim! 80% of the people want only the 20% that are considered more appealing...MJ u r a stunner & slim, so u do not have to worry!
 Paderic
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/6/2012 7:34:55 AM

Only if they were willing to accept it in a partner. Based on remarks from these forums, however, those that are overweight don't seem to be very tolerant of it in others.

Just like in the discussion about appearance. People want their own appearance to not matter, but their expectations in a potential mate are the opposite. Same thing with the discussions about money. People don't want to be excluded based on their own financial status, but they won't give their potential mate the same consideration.
 nativerock
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/6/2012 7:54:25 AM

Simple.....fatten yourself up a bit! Dunkin Donuts is right around the corner, after all.....a Big Mac with flies for breakfast, a third ponder with cheese and onion rings for lunch, and a healthy Filet of Fish with a blueberry turnover and ice cream for dinner should do it. In no time at all the number of possible men who are the same weight as you will be so large that you won't know which one to waddle up to......

Something to look forward to??? Not I would have to purchase a car to get around, due to carrying excess groceries.. lol
 rearguard*2
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 7:58:49 AM

Something to look forward to??? Not I would have to purchase a car to get around, due to carrying excess groceries.. lol

Naw....fat guys all have cars, and the fatter they are, the larger the car. Get yourself up to 250 or so, and you will never be in anything smaller than a mini-van. Loads of room for whatever you fancy.....
 nativerock
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/6/2012 7:59:00 AM

Only if they were willing to accept it in a partner. Based on remarks from these forums, however, those that are overweight don't seem to be very tolerant of it in others.

Boy is that ever true.. I even put it on my profile I do not want anyone that doubles my weight.. I thought that would take care of the problem but it did not..
nativerock
 rearguard*2
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:05:00 AM
Native.....you have crushed my fondest hopes.........

Oh well, I think I will bike to Vieux Montreal and drink beer at the Old Port......drown my sorrows......
 mjinict
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:07:24 AM
MJ u r a stunner & slim, so u do not have to worry!
---------
Thanks, Blonde angel! I need to get off this computer to keep it that way!
 nativerock
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:34:37 AM

Native.....you have crushed my fondest hopes.........

Oh well, I think I will bike to Vieux Montreal and drink beer at the Old Port......drown my sorrows......

Oh dear here comes the beer belly..Just to think I was going to wait until you were divorced, now at least I will no longer be twiddling my thumbs.. lol
 ladybud2556
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/7/2012 11:46:42 AM
I have heard this from many people that met someone in person and they did not look anything like the photo on their profile. I stated plainly in my own that my photos are current and unaltered. However, I have had quite a few messages asking me if they were really current. Why would anyone post bogus photos knowing that they may eventually meet someone in person?
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/7/2012 11:56:33 AM
^^^ OMG- sorry off topic- u live in Mexia? Did u know Anna Nicole AKA Vicki Lynn???
 Janet_Always
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/7/2012 12:19:58 PM

Supposedly there is a way to be able to tell if a picture has been photo shopped

I can tell, but only because that's what I do for a living and usually the ones on here are done poorly...

Trying to sell yourself as something you're not -- whether age, appearance, financial status OR anything -- is just lame.

But unfortunately happens more times than not.

Too bad. Most of us can accept reality.

Lies are a whole 'nother story.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/7/2012 12:26:25 PM
Once u know how to tell, it is easy to spot a fake...if it's poorly done, the skintones do not match...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > age, appearance and what you think