Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 7
view profile
History
WHAT IS THE TRUE KEY TO A WOMEN'S HEART???Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Give her the keys to a big house, the keys to an expensive car, and the passkeys to your bank accounts... And she's all yours!

I'm just kidding (but also telling the truth for many). I think to ask what the key is to anyone's heart is too broad a question. There is no one and only definitive key, because it all varies.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 12
WHAT IS THE TRUE KEY TO A WOMEN'S HEART???
Posted: 7/28/2005 11:20:46 AM
7times I know to quit while I'm still behind or a little behind....I was just having a flash visual of Robin Hood Men in Tights, Mel Brooks' movie...that was a hoot!

OT: The key to a woman's heart is a mystery, sometimes even we don't realize when someone has gotten through and touched us deeply.
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/28/2005 2:00:24 PM
Lord, I'm a woman and I still don't know how that guy got in there? I prayed to get him out, I dated some-one else, I talked to a guy friend who tried to help me figure it out, and I even talked to the guy himself.
The only true grits of it that I really see is that he is intelligent, accomplished, funny, quietly sexy, smooth as hell, a bit of a bad boy, got morals, is totally honest, plays bass guitar, loves the same movies and music, talks to me for hours, doesn't care if I'm dressed in diamonds and furs or a t-shirt and shorts, kind-hearted, over-worked, depressed sometimes, kisses me so good, makes love like 60, and has goals.

On the other hand, I tried hard to find stuff I don't like about him too. He's a bit bald, getting grey in his mustache, won't always let me have my own way, is not an easy sell, does not wear his heart on his sleeve, heck his toe-nails are too short, not as young looking as I like, he's not even handsome, (just to me) but in the end, my heart just rules.

I tried to talk myself out of this guy, but he still rules my heart. So when y'all figure this thing out e-mail me. I'm still trying to talk myself out of him.
 sexiibeast<3
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/28/2005 2:54:35 PM
the key to a womens heart is through her mind.
 RDtoo
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2005 10:06:00 PM
Ryan, all this advice is fine and good AFTER you get the girl. Trust me, advice like "be yourself" and "listen to her" will do you no good in the beginning. You want a woman to want you? Ignore her. They cannot stand it. Be elusive. It drives them up a wall. If you think I am just some cynical old guy posting this, go and read some of the threads by woman complaining about men. Take note of what they are complaining about and do those things.
 RDtoo
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2005 11:51:57 PM
They hate it when you give away their secrets.
 navarone
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/30/2005 5:49:08 AM
As it turns out, I think that MOST guys want what I want when it comes to "women and dating", but they just haven't thought about it long enough to be able to say it.
I think that what 90% of men are looking for is a GREAT long-term relationship with a GREAT woman. What do I mean when I use the term "Great Woman"?
I mean a woman who is naturally beautiful, who takes care of herself physically, who is
emotionally and financially stable... who doesn't "need" you, but "wants" you, who can take care of herself in every way...

...you know what I'm saying here. But guess what?
Women like this are VERY rare. I mean like one in a thousand or so. And they are NEVER at a loss for a date. I digress... but I'll come back to this later.
Now I want to talk about WHY it's such a big problem.
There are two main reasons:

1) Not knowing what you want, lowers the chances of GETTING what you want.

2) In this particular situation, when it comes to this type of woman, not understanding what you want makes your chances of getting one almost ZERO.
Let's talk about these two issues.
- NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU WANT LOWERS YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING IT
If you've read any "self help" books at all, then you know that it's important to set goals in
your life. Why?
Because setting goals makes your mind work on getting them.
When you think through your goals, and take the time to figure them out, write them down, and make plans to get them, you put a set of processes in motion that dramatically increase your chance of getting what you want.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read "Think And Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

Just do it.

- NOT UNDERSTANDING THIS PARTICULAR TYPE OF WOMAN MAKES YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING ONE ALMOST ZERO

This is the big issue here.

This is the one that most guys just don't get...and the one that, by itself, really leads to
failure. The fact is that most guys would really like to meet a great girl.
The times in my life when I've had an amazing woman as my girlfriend have been FANTASTIC.

There is nothing quite like having a stunning, intelligent, well-dressed, interesting woman in
your life. Nothing. To put it another way, if you meet a really interesting, exceptional woman, you can bet that she has been approached between 150 and 300 times
in the past month ALONE.

Think about that.

Imagine what it must be like to be a woman who is approached so often.

Even if she WANTED to spend time with many of the men, there would be no way to do it.

It's just not practical. So what's a girl to do?

The only thing that an exceptional girl CAN do is use TIME MANAGEMENT principals.

She has to decide almost INSTANTLY if a guy is "worth" spending more time with.

And she has to make her decision based on very little information.

AND, she can't make the mistake of being "too friendly" and giving a guy the "wrong idea"...
because if she does, he'll probably call her 100 times over the next month.

Unusually attractive, exceptional women become very good at ELIMINATING men based on very little information.

If you're a man who hasn't made it a goal to attract one of these women, who doesn't understand this particular fact, and who doesn't understand how to get past this initial "test", then your chances of attracting one of these women is as close to zero as anything is in the world.

The REALITY of this situation is that you are not the only guy in the world who wants a woman like this.

EVERY guy would like to meet her.

There are a lot of guys out there that are willing to call her more, spend more money on her, do more things for her, and pay her more attention than you...

You can't get a girl like this one by doing the "normal" things.

And here's the KICKER...

The next girl you date probably isn't going to be this girl.

In fact, you're probably going to need to go out with MANY women before you're going to run into one of these rare women.

But as they say, "Every cloud has a silver lining". And this cloud does.

The fact is that spending time dating other women is EXACTLY what will TEACH you how to
attract one of these exceptional women.

You HAVE to do it.

So let's wrap this up.

First, take some time and figure out what it is that you want. Write it down, and make a list.
What are the physical, intellectual, and emotional qualities that you're looking for?
Be specific, and get a clear picture in your mind.
Next, become the guy that she'll feel ATTRACTION for when you meet her.

There are two parts to this one.
The first part is preparing yourself to date many women to find her... and then getting out
there and doing it.

The second (and most important) part is to LEARN what you need to do in order to be the guy that she'll be attracted to.
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2005 10:42:28 AM
The main problem I have with Men trying to fit into an image (besides the fact that they're being fake), is that a Man will always have to jump through hoops and leap over sharks...

... Its not worth it. If a Man has to fit into the ideal image of what a Woman wants, than he should be reevaluating himself and trying to figure out what led him down the road of becoming a phony. In other words, this is a bigger problem in itself than not being able to find this ideal Woman.

Every Human Being on this Earth needs to be themselves, and if others can't accept that then they are better off without them. If not fitting an image means a person being alone, then so be it.

Its better to die one day with honor, than to live each day with shame.
 RDtoo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
What is the true key to a women's heart???
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:49:14 PM
You are kidding right? If anyone follows the above advice they will be relegated to "friends" status and have zero chance of anything more with the woman.
 philrook
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:05:18 AM

Food, laughter, and a good foot rub. Don't forget the chocolate

This is awesome. I'm very good at massage.
 Char610
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:27:55 AM
Oh come on now, don't be a cynic
 lonegun13
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/1/2005 5:01:29 PM
Bali boy m,akes a point but thats mostly the younger girls . an older woman still likes the bad boys but by the time the men are my age we are the bad boys. We love to do things that even the younger girls love and they love us for it. So just be yourself. learn to take chances and keep your woman smiling with you not at you. OH and be romantic but be a freaking tiger in the bedroom and if you dont know how freaking get a book or ask someone who is happily married how he keeps his wife happy. They size doesnt matter but guys it does. Sorry to have to tell you this but I get told all the time about you guys with 6 or 7 inches and there are some really hilarious things they say.
CC
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:39:11 PM

That's pretty funny because 7 inches is almost 2 full inches above the average size... I think there are some Women who want one that can reach far enough to puncture her heart before she can be content...

... Strange world...
 Stillalicious
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:14:22 PM
Personally, I love a man who can make me laugh-that is most important in my books!

But to keep me..it helps if he follows Sierrasman's advice!!
 crystalise
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:47:41 PM
yes laughter....but also thoughtfulness and Im a total sucker for intelligence....No, I dont mean a space-engineer smarts, just overall perception and some IQ...if I can talk to him and be really interested until the sun comes up, Im hooked. And yes that would involve some laughter.

But not just laughter alone. I can rent a dvd for that
 crystalise
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:50:07 PM
I disagree with bali boy - No control. If you have to control your partner, there are insecurity issues there. If a guy tries to control or manipulate me Im would be so turned off and run for the hills...
 sweetjustice
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:35:23 AM
ryan

I think the key to a woman heart is: not to take them for granted..............
 techgirl27
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2005 6:23:14 PM
Stability.

Being emotionally stable, financially stable, and stable in relationships.
Stable means being able to balance your checkbook, not having tons of $$.

I'd rather have a stable and less attractive person than a GQ who can't be responsible or consistent.
 singleone
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/3/2005 10:34:19 PM
can a woman lie about what they want and when you get them that item/thing they refuse it saying they don't like that item/thing. Is that possible that some women kind of mess with your mind?
 techgirl27
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2005 5:02:48 PM
a man who is respectful with money. That just means being sensible with what you have.
If he likes to keep his house clean, send him this way!
Also I think keeping your car in good shape is important, whatever the make or model. Nothing says "I can't be bothered" more than a marked up car.

The "hey, this man cares" feeling is awesome and is sure to make you a winner at least for now!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >