Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > This extreame heat      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 five-marie
Msg: 58
view profile
History
This extreme heatPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm in Ontario, it was horrid last week. My poor son is a roofer, no idea how he could work in that.
I never use my air conditioner, a fan usually is enough. I had to go out last week on my day off and couldn't even get my make up on due to me sweating so badly.
It's beautiful here today.
 AlfredoDP
Msg: 59
This extreme heat
Posted: 7/11/2012 4:48:44 PM
Well... In New York not only is hot, it's humid, my solution has been an hammock under a tree by a cooler (I wish).
I am lucky, large office no one around, windows and doors all open; work at night, try to nap during the day.
 Lacquered
Msg: 60
view profile
History
This extreame heat
Posted: 7/11/2012 7:15:36 PM
Well I like the heat, it was 115 here today..... the water in the pool out back is a brisk 92 degrees and at night it is the most beautiful place to be. I drive with the top off the convertible all summer long just to soak up the sun and heat and warmth. Swim in the day too if you get a bit sweaty, come home from work and do the nes-tea plunge.... woohoo
 Notricksters
Msg: 61
view profile
History
This extreame heat
Posted: 7/17/2012 12:58:14 PM
Ok - we are back in this extreme heat wave again :(. It's 99 deg. here today in E. central Iowa & a heat index of 100+ degrees - It is hot & humid out.... And this week is the week for our big fair, & usually we get rain or flooded out, so we are all hoping for rain! Wonder how extreme our winter will be?
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 62
This extreame heat
Posted: 7/17/2012 3:18:00 PM
Southern Ont., Canada, here and we are back to the heat and humidity again, too. 36.5 outside and with humidity, it's 45 degrees. This is the 3rd or fourth ( maybe more ) heat alert we've had this summer. Mind you, there's to be a cold front moving in tonight and that will bring a relief.

I am just grateful for my AC! Whew!

The ground and trees are crying for rain here. The land is very dry.
 FairlyAlright
Msg: 63
This extreame heat
Posted: 7/17/2012 3:24:55 PM
I wear wool. Seriously.

SmartWool t-shirts are great in hot weather. Unfortunately you're going to lay out about $50 for each one.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > This extreame heat