Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ARIESLOOKING192150
Msg: 29
What does it take to get a reply?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
@ Cayton
To a way you are right. But to a way your wrong. It seems to me you may not be looking at it from all angles. Yes, There are more women in a whole than they are men. But here is another thing you have to consider. How many of those men are actually datable. Same with the women. So when you stop and think about it, Men actually have the upper hand. Most just don't realize it. The actual amount of datable men makes it even harder on the women to find a man that they can build a relationship with. So, I'll say it this way, If you're a "good" man, You are more in demand than you realize.

The problem with men in general, They think too much with their**** If the great majority of men would start thinking with their brain, They would realize that if they handled it right women in general would be going after them. The women who really want a relationship, They are looking for that one good man that they can spend the rest of there lives with. You want women to answer you here? It's really very simple. You have to let them know you don't think with your**** When you let them know you don't think with your****it makes them curious about you.

You also have to let them know you are comfortable with or without them. You don't need a woman to complete you. You are happy with or without them. You're gonna be just fine. That in its self-will attract them. They will be so curious about you, They will answer. Yes, You will still get ignored sometimes. Hoop de do. Don't worry about it. Move right on to the next one. You know why? Because there are more of them than there are of you. You have plenty to choose from. Men in general should be more choosy. They can afford to be. There are more of them than they are of you. You have so many to choose from. Why not take your time and pick the right one.

If you stop and think about it, Men have more women to choose from than women have men. It's all in how you look at it. I haven't written anyone here in about three months. I can almost guarantee you, Somewhere along the way another one will catch my eye. I'll write her and she will answer. If she doesn't, No loss. To many of them to worry about it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
What does it take to get a reply?
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:07:29 PM
There is only one thing to get someone to reply, interest, unless you have sparked someone's interest you are not going to get them to email you back. Unless they fall under that category where they send you a no thanks, which is worse than no reply at all. It doesn't matter if a site is free or not, I've seen all these same whines on every dating site, no matter how expensive they were to join, doesn't matter what the site is called or if they advertise on TV or not, it's always the same result, if a person isn't interested in contacting or replying to you, they will not be doing so no matter how much you whine or how many face-saving snarks you come up with. Since you have zero ability to make someone interested in you if they are not, there is nothing you can do but be yourself, keep looking, and hope to find someone who finds you interesting enough to contact. It's as simple as that.
 smellyfishguts
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/7/2012 9:42:00 PM
Step 1 should be not posting whiny threads about how you're not meeting anybody. Save the whining for your profile. No really. Try it. It works !
 Thomas_Andronicus
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/7/2012 10:45:15 PM
1. Get a full body shot pic and a face shot of you standing on top of Mount Everest.
2. Spend a month trying to write a real sincere, informative, and funny profile and intro message. Submit your finished work to several peer reviewed academic journals, and then random beta test.
3. Have a job, car, insurance, live alone, be clean shaven, wear expensive shoes, and smell good.
4. Drink, but don't smoke. Love to go out but prefer to stay in. Cook, clean, and be supportive of every hobby, interest, and opinion.
5. Don't lie, never argue, be funny and sympathetic, be social but love nature, be spiritual with no belief, be current with all news and views, and just plain be yourself.
 lightningman1
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/8/2012 1:16:49 AM
Yes it would help if you had a profile pic but don't bet all your eggs in that basket ,
Everybody today is looking for perfection,
Some of us are tarnished with great looks some with the ugly stick.
Its a roll of the dice in this perfect image of a world.
 vestaceres
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/8/2012 1:27:44 AM
You're "separated." This usually negates all opportunities for such people when in the presence of truly single (unattached, divorced or never married folks) with well written profiles and a nice and recent snapshot of themselves in the main shot.

Good bye.
 foxonatrain
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 2:32:48 AM

1. Get a full body shot pic and a face shot of you standing on top of Mount Everest.
2. Spend a month trying to write a real sincere, informative, and funny profile and intro message. Submit your finished work to several peer reviewed academic journals, and then random beta test.
3. Have a job, car, insurance, live alone, be clean shaven, wear expensive shoes, and smell good.
4. Drink, but don't smoke. Love to go out but prefer to stay in. Cook, clean, and be supportive of every hobby, interest, and opinion.
5. Don't lie, never argue, be funny and sympathetic, be social but love nature, be spiritual with no belief, be current with all news and views, and just plain be yourself.

This made me laugh because it's basically true.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:27:32 AM
I didn't read others posts so sorry if they are repeats. But it doesnt look like you've taken any advice. Well first you have misspelled words in the question & at least one in profile. Huge turnoff to me. I may have some here. I don't double ck answers. No pic no reply is a very usua ignore. You are separated which means you are married. Are you. In the middle ofva divorce. That can be a no go. Have you even started divorce? Do you still live together? Just to many questions. Also, list your interests in the other section & put the important things in profile. What are you looking for in a woman & relationship? Now it reads as a run on sentence about you. Since its 5 am that's all I noticed now.
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:40:37 AM
Getting very frustrated with this site now, just dont understand why women dont reply to there messages.
Is it because this site is free that many are just here to play games and give there ego's a bit of a boost.

1. Go to bank
2. Liquidate joint accounts without wife's knowledge
3. Request small bills
4. Go to hotel
5. Rent penthouse with view
6. Scatter money around room in piles
7. Position yourself in biggest pile with view in background
8. Take photo with camera timer
9. Post on profile
10. Watch replies roll in

Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 5:02:44 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^LOL

Add in you are GENEROUS to a fault.
 playfulpete
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/8/2012 5:09:13 AM
Have you tried giving away beer and pretzels.
 rockondon
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:51:54 AM
I suppose that instead of taking any responsibility for the numerous blatant reasons why you should not get replies, you could instead deny it all and make counteraccusations about women demanding perfect male supermodels. That way not only do you not accept any blame for yourself, you won't learn and change to improve anything either.
So stick with that and see how that works.
 privat33r
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:25:53 AM
OP, I don't mean to tell embarrassing or worrisome stories but maybe just this once. Hanging out here in the darker regions of suburbia I'm not the 1st or 10000th choice for 99% of the women here. Lots of excellent reason. Who needs to date a walrusine twerp in a land without sidewalks? Still - maybe 4 times a year, usually after I've had a few flexiril, some naproxen, one or two brews and some metamusil I'll stumble across a profile at 3 am and send a note to some chick. Usually close to my age or older, sometimes not.

Next morning as I try to prepare for a busy day's work with the women who call me slave and lackey I usually logon while my morning coffee cools to sip-able temperatures and the dog gets her fill of jumping about. Check facebook, my email- POF opens automatically. Glance down, see a note from the babe. WTF, what is she expecting? Are there not enough grey sea creatures in her life? Who thinks guys from 600 miles away work?

Inducing women to contact back does not seem to be a measure of appropriateness, sensibility, nearness or age compatibility. I honestly believe I could setup a profile as a wart covered, slimy intergalactic space alien and still get contacts back. A married one.

Disarming, something to say, short note, positive, specific to their profile.
 GurugiGets
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:54:36 AM
You can consider that each person who views your profile is a reply to a lesser degree.
I can get scores of great looking women spying on my photo set. I've methodically set
these up to attract both young and old of the opposite sex.

Women respond to the big banners that read, "Going out of business sale 50% off"
They openly tell you it's in the header before the message. They tell you to set
yourself apart from the other 400 men messaging them weekly.

I assume they all want to be married, it's my job to help them conform to reality. Um,
we all know very well, reality is not POF. They have a timeframe in which things are
supposed to happen for them. Most guy can wait 6 years before getting married but
women are thinking more short term. K, that's one extreme...

POF hinders your success by their photo rules. More likely you'll see a girl in panties
instead of a common plate of food that you'd both enjoy. I'm highly successful on
Myspace and Facebook because I have the relevant photos up. The people that
start these site sjust meander their way through development and try to sell you on
technology. I get a lot of replies on POF because I use the gifts with my random
messages. I'm not go to win by adapting their crappy model to my mobile UX.

I'm looking for someone cerebral, the other ones are for the 400 other guys :)
 ARIESLOOKING192150
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/8/2012 11:56:46 PM
You know, I don't mind it when someone post a thread and all they are trying to do is figure out whatever it is they think they might be doing wrong. If I can help, I will. But these guys that come to threads like this and whine about how they can't get women in general to answer them, Well, It exasperates me. because it's really so very simple. If you can't get a woman to answer you, You need to look at a few things starting with yourself. You need to look at yourself real close. Are you really all you think you are? Is there something lacking in you that you just refuse to see? Does what's lacking in you show up on your profile and you just don't see it? I'm walking proof that looks or age has nothing to do with it. When a woman finally does try to talk to you can you carry your end of the conversation? OR, Does she have to pull everything out of you? Are you the kind of man who can't carry on a conversation with a woman without trying to inject sex into the conversation? Are you the kind of man who can't keep at least some things to yourself? Do you have to blurt out everything you think right off the bat?
EXAMPLES, How big is your tits? You ever did anal? Do you squirt? I use to bang my last girlfriend in the ass till she cried. She loved it though.) I mean, GEEZE! I have lady friends on here who tell me all about this stuff.
NEXT, Are you writing women in an intelligent fashion? Can you string a coherent sentence together? Are you trying to attract above what you know in your heart you don't have what it takes to attract? Are you in reality a 6 trying to attract a 9 or better?

There is more. But I will stop here. I'm not trying to or mean to bash anybody. All I am saying is look deep at yourself first. Be honest. Clean up your act if you need to. Stop blaming everyone else for your lack of success here. Yes, Honestly, I know there are some really screwed up women here. They are looking for something they can't get. Wanting something they can't have. So yes, You will get shot down sometimes by these and others who are not screwed up. But if you have your act together you will be much more successful here. It starts by looking at yourself first.
 Acehonestlady
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 2:35:41 AM
If they have written a very interesting and intelligent message that stimulates me and their profile reads with intelligence and is interesting then having no photo may not make a difference to me.
If they are English and have poor command of English then it is off-putting to me.

Time is a factor and mood at the time is too. If there are a lot of messages then there is not the time to reply to all. I used to reply to all just out of politeness but it gives the wrong impression and is too time costly. Even when I give a polite decline and wish them good luck they still reply in a friends sort of way costing me time if I reply again. So I now don’t reply to all. I still reply to some out of politeness as my mood is at that time overgenerous.

However, some people are better than I am at not replying unless really very interested. Most people won’t reply if there is no photo.

Up until now I have not looked at your profile. Now I will go look.

Some are put off by separated as opposed to divorced as they think you might go back or that you are legally still married.

Some and lots if mature are put off by LOL – you have it several times and you are over 25.

Lots are put off by clichés ‘glass is always half full’ and stating of obvious qualities that are a prerequisite anyway like great sense of humour’. ‘nice walks on the coast with, meals out and evenings relaxing together with a bottle of wine’.

Put the ‘costal walks’ ’ meals out’ and ‘relaxing with wine’ in the Interests list. Don’t have in your interest list. ‘I have many’ It says you cannot be bothered. It likely makes the reader think they cannot be bothered.

Don’t write at the end ‘Anyway I am starting to bore you now and have no intention of put my life history here, you will just have to find out for yourself’ – simply reminds them that you have clichés and LOLs and that is ignoring the spelling mistakes. And makes them say to themselves, ‘well I am not going to ask anyway’!

Not sure what you write in your messages but give thought to what they might be saying about you.

The main reason I would think is not having a photo. If you are going to up a photo on the back of what people have said then please do not hold a fish or take the photo with you holding the camera.

Good luck.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/9/2012 4:25:45 AM
Well, first and foremost, pictures. You must have pictures.

As for what to write, check out their profile first. If she comes across as intellectual, you may want to try an intellectual approach.

If her profile looks like it was typed out by a first grader, she won't likely have an appreciation for wordsmiths.

However, I've been amazed at some of the downright STUPID shit I've gotten women of various types to respond to.

A few weeks ago, I wrote a woman with a well written profile. I simply wrote "RAAAAWWWWWWR!!!!"

Her reply: "You shouldn't go around scaring women like that....shame on you. LOL. Funny name, btw :)"
 VegasDanO
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/9/2012 5:15:22 AM
usually I am getting hit for my height since 5'5" is considered short
 gentleplus
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 7:13:23 AM
OP is another weak minded self absorbed hit and run poster.... these really never want answers or even desire to change themselves.... If he really wanted to figure it out he would make a comment to all the great advice and/or jabs

Just another "ghost post"
 TheBarkPark
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/22/2012 10:57:15 AM
....perhaps 'theatre', instead of 'theater', or 'katsup', instead of, 'ketchup', or tomato sauce. Leave him alone. Even Americans can't spel...speel...spelle...spellle...oh yah...spell.
 SymphonynRain
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/22/2012 12:05:46 PM
Damn I had no idea grammar nazi low life trolls existed past the age of 30, but thanks to your post, I am tremendously proven wrong! Doesn't matter if you type like a buffoon. If spelling and grammar was the case, 90% of women pre 25 would be declared brain dead and never receive messages. It's all about having game in the messages you send. If you don't look like a handsome devil, game will help you greatly, because It doesn't matter what anybody else says. When you first choose a mate to reply or message its 100% pure physical attraction, or the unique message they sent you that you couldn't help but reply to. Doesn't even matter if your profile says you were the first man to pass on aids from the monkey race. Or 1f y0u typ3 l1k8 th15
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/22/2012 2:15:03 PM
I wouldn't bother contacting a guy that was separated.
Who wants that drama? I hope your wife knows your
here so she can use it as ammunition against you in
divorce court.

No Pic=No reply
Not having a picture tells everyone your either married or just looking for
hook ups.

Spelling/Grammar
To some, yes this would be an issue. I can usually overlook a few errors but
if there all through the profile........that is not good.
 d8withf8
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/22/2012 5:11:28 PM
the ones that think they're too good won't message,so i don't bother with them.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/22/2012 5:24:31 PM
OP: You were separated, but now your status is; divorced. THAT was quick!

No Pic=No reply
Not having a picture tells everyone your you're either married or just looking for
hook ups.

Spelling/Grammar
To some, yes this would be an issue. I can usually overlook a few errors but
if there they're all through the profile........that is not good.

*cough*
Perhaps you need check your own grammar before jumping all over someone for the same infraction.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/22/2012 6:28:56 PM
Well I guess nobody can be as prim and proper and perfect as you COUGH COUGH COUGH
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >