Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 55
What does it take to get a reply?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I wouldn't bother contacting a guy that was separated.
Who wants that drama? I hope your wife knows your
here so she can use it as ammunition against you in
divorce court.

No Pic=No reply
Not having a picture tells everyone your either married or just looking for
hook ups.

Spelling/Grammar
To some, yes this would be an issue. I can usually overlook a few errors but
if there all through the profile........that is not good.
 d8withf8
Msg: 56
What does it take to get a reply?
Posted: 9/22/2012 5:11:28 PM
the ones that think they're too good won't message,so i don't bother with them.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/22/2012 5:24:31 PM
OP: You were separated, but now your status is; divorced. THAT was quick!

No Pic=No reply
Not having a picture tells everyone your you're either married or just looking for
hook ups.

Spelling/Grammar
To some, yes this would be an issue. I can usually overlook a few errors but
if there they're all through the profile........that is not good.

*cough*
Perhaps you need check your own grammar before jumping all over someone for the same infraction.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/22/2012 6:28:56 PM
Well I guess nobody can be as prim and proper and perfect as you COUGH COUGH COUGH
 bucsgirl
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 6:35:43 PM
Okay, I'll cash in all my cards and tell you HOW to get a reply. Guaranteed. You have to be able to select the women who are interested in/attracted to you.

Yeah, it's that simple. Notice I told you WHAT to do, not HOW to do it. That's the part you have to figure out for yourself, just like the rest of us.
 Random_geek_01
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/22/2012 9:18:31 PM
also, it's elusive not illusive lol. bad spelling is a major turn off for many.
 serenadegod
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 10:06:57 PM
Yeah less is more when your profile is in this mode,and in bed more than less!
 Lionesse19
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/23/2012 12:25:36 AM
Why dont you understand? Men outnumber women by 60-1 or more and this is a freebie dating site known for its players and liars.
Mostly game players, you are right. You need to take care of your spelling for a start. You expect too much and seem to believe the hype that the site administrators give about percentages and contacts. So just use it as an option to real life encounters and if you are contacting hot looking women they are usually fakes or scammers.'
 Drawesome32
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/23/2012 1:20:32 AM
whenever you feel as if youre not getting enough replies, its your pics. its always the pics. sure. some people can nitpick about your spelling and grammar being bad, but if the pics are right, the spelling means diddly. good luck.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 6:44:28 AM
LOL @ AliaKova..
 _mr_brown
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 6:52:13 AM
This site is a sausage fest..I think its 55% male...Just average females here are having their mail boxes flooded each day, and the very attractive ones? Forget about it.

All you can do is keep trying...
 jan1025
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:19:16 AM
Awe, that was great Thomas, absolutely great! lol...

But, you forgot animals, but then again that could fall under "nature", lol...

It was still good...

Cheers!
 Iwascreated
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/23/2012 2:34:00 PM
That's too funny or it is to? Ha ha ha...
 Iwascreated
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/23/2012 2:36:16 PM
That message about women being either...etc, is bogus...

This I agree with, women are just like men...Individuals, we choose how we live. Best Wishes to all...
 RUNisFUN
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/23/2012 2:45:42 PM

Getting very frustrated with this site now,
patience is the key.

just dont understand why women dont reply to there messages.
You're kidding right? Maybe you should set the bar a bit lower. I didn't have a picture and I was getting many replies. Why? I emailed hundreds women from single to divorced, skinny to fat and in all ages with variation in height. I don't know about you, but I felt great getting emails from women. I had fun and best of all, it elevated my confidence. I didn't meet many women I emailed but I still learned a lot. The experience was priceless.
 privat33r
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 4:10:05 PM
There seem to be several factors in getting a reply. Mostly its like selling anything, you should consider supply and demand, product placement, branding, how the product is presented, creating a frenzy, word of mouth advertising.

Overall you're looking at making a positive impression in the first 2 to 8 seconds. Look at what you're saying or showing from that perspective.

See what you're saying,..eg Interests of, "I have many, sitting on my backside is not one of them", is dismissive. It suggests that a) you've many interests, b) its better to have lots instead of a few done well c) you're above condescending to the masses and potential dates by even hinting what you're high class supra star interests might be... Why make that point?

And patience is not the key. Striking while the iron is hot is.
 MrNiceGuy976
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/24/2012 10:23:38 AM
Why the site has rotated my picture I don't know. - Delete
Don't you just hate describing yourself, but here goes. - Delete
Firstly I am very genuine, not here to have my time wasted or to do the same to others - Delete
I am a very optimist person (Wouldn't of noticed due to all the negative comments above????)

, rarely do I see things as impossible, just a little more difficult, but hey, I am not one to shy away from a challenge. I am good company and have a great sense of humour, well we all say that, but I enjoy being surrounded by positive upbeat bubbly people. You will find me very easy to get along with, happy to mix with most.

Caring, loyal, can be both affectionate and romantic. As I work very hard and also have respect for those who do the same. Not one for sitting in front of the TV every night (I don't know about you, but some woman love to watch TV)

, I do enjoy being busy, therefore never bored, spending time outdoors is something I love, cycling, especially mountain biking and nice walks. Motorsport has been a life long passion, so no football matches for me every weekend.

I hope to find that person I can enjoy nice walks on the coast with, meals out and evenings relaxing together with a bottle of wine, most importantly a soul mate.
Have no intention of put my life history here(more negativity)

, you will just have to find out for yourself.

My two cents worth what you paid for them...
 craig35.
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 11:34:30 AM
i got the same problem!,after sending so many messeges is it that hard to reply to someone?,how can u get to know someone if u dont chat right?
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/24/2012 9:59:32 PM
It depends on who you message. Some girls, you better be the definition of physical perfection or they don't even want to know you exist (these girls are VERY common on these sites)

Some girls you have to be the exact personality they're looking for.

Some girls you have to be both.

The rest, they're the one's that'll actually talk to the other person, and give them the chance to hear what they have to say and make a decision based on conversation...

There's no right or wrong way to message someone. Some people don't want anything more on a profile than a picture, because they'd rather find out everything about the other person through conversation, but other's want your entire life story on there.

Take PoF for what it is... a site where you MIGHT get lucky and someone writes back, and keep your main focus on meeting people offline.
 ArticLife
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2012 1:34:13 AM
It's fairly simple, actually. Women get a lot of messages. Most get several, daily. The young and highly attractive girls get dozens a day. I almost feel bad for them to be honest.

So what does this mean? It means there's a hell of a lot of competition. And, unlike in real life where your chemistry, tone of voice, body language, vocabulary, and other subtle factors can contribute to how she perceives you overall... online it's much more cold and analytical. She has a few pictures to go by, a few words in a description box, and a list of basic facts about you like your job or car, etc..

So, those who shine on paper the most, and // or are the most photogenic, get the most replies.

There's nothing you can do to change this. You can improve your odds by taking the best pictures you can, crafting a decent profile (a bit of humor with a nice chunk of information about yourself.. but not too much) and personalizing every message you send out to the girl's profile. Pick up on what she wrote, or the things she's interested in. Ask questions about them, or make a joke if possible. This isn't always easy, it's especially hard when some girls have 2 lines of text in their description box or sometimes don't even have anything written at all, but you'll get the hang of it.

Most of all, just have patience. You'll eventually get replies, but often they will lead no where. Don't take it too seriously until you actually meet her in person.
 cashleys
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/1/2012 1:49:33 AM
I can tell you a few of the reasons.
I always like to be polite BUT if you answer a message it seem the guy thinks you are interested, even if you reply nicely and polite only.
The guy then will get rude and say hateful things if you turn him down
Women get tired of this,
It seems that if you don't answer then you don't have to get the Rude and bad remarks.
So, I try to answer but I do get tired of the remarks and might just stop answering.
Also a lot of the first messages are -HI! thats it, now when someone sends a message without any thought or areas to discuss, why bother?
If I can tell they have read my profile and send a message that has some thought to it, I will always answer.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/1/2012 10:20:11 AM
"6 ft tall or more
annual income of 100k or more
8 inch penis or more
attractive photos

LOL "

You forgot a summer home ,winter home, ski resort home, and tropical home.

If you want a reply........get a sex change operation,,,,lol
 Athletic-Habitus
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/3/2012 12:00:20 PM
Hey man..there are tons of reasons why you don't get a reply. #1 reason....why do you think they are on this site? They are scared and shy. Who wants a shy thing anyway? Forget about them...this site should be just a contigency plan to meet chicks. Number one best way is to meet them in person, the mall, grocery store, gas station, go to the club on the weekends...go to a bar. Forget these nerdy internet chicks...I use this site to just utilize all my resources. Who cares if they don't respond back? Move on to the next one and it is their loss.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/3/2012 6:08:07 PM
you need to be hot, have lotsa play $$$, be in a famous band, be an atty., own many condos, and have a fireworks dispaly every night @ home that rivals that of the Magic Kingdom.....lol
 LaFlorD
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2012 9:04:19 PM
if i get message from a guy who is a lot older than me i wont reply. if there is no photo i wont reply. and if the guy lives too far i might not respond because long distance relationships are a drag. i met a guy from Sac. and if it should ever work it'd be hard for either one of us to move so why even try when there is other guys nearby?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >