Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Why do you think you have not had success on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 22
Why do you think you have not had success on POF?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Can someone tell me why I'm only allowed to post 2 times/10 posts but some people , as illustrated in this thread, can post endlessly ???????

I think the restriction only applies in certain Forums.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 23
Why do you think you have not had success on POF?
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:06:06 PM
You misunderstand me MrTeddynugentBear,

I wasn't asking for advice, I was simply answering your question.

But because I believe your intentions are good and I'm bored don't feel like watching " Spartacus " for the zillionth time I will proceed with the flollowing :

1. Not tall enough

IMO a man who lacks height knows how a woman with small breasts feels . It's a sad fact of life that women value height in men above all and that's why I put it as the number one reason for my lack of success. I don't suffer from any delusions. I think my face is pretty good and if I was 4 inches taller I'm sure my life would've been MUCH easier. But , it is what it is.

2. Follically challenged
-- Hello hat or rogaine (been using it for 2 yrs now works pretty good.) Or try hairclub if its that important.

No thanks, not interested. I'd rather meet a woman who likes me for me - receding hairline and all . I put this as number 2 as a close second to what women also find unappealing IMO.

3. Too old
-- again you are as old as you feel. I feel young.

You're preaching to the choir, trust me, I don't think I'm too old at all. But the women that I find attractive probably think I'm too old going by their age restrictions and lack of response so I listed that as number 3.

4. Something I wrote in my profile didn't impress
-- Not much there kinda fluffy but no meat and potatoes of real world wants, likes, dislikes or anything honestly. I like the humor though a bit over the top like mine.

Yeah, I should probably do a rewrite and put more effort into it. But ya know what's funny ? Every time a woman sends me a msg she usually says " great profile ! " , so figure that one out .

5. I rarely message anymore, I just can't be bothered lately
-- Its ok life happens.

Well, not to sound negative but I just got bored of the whole process. I mainly indulge in the forums nowadays.

6. The women who have messaged me haven't been my type and/or have young kids
-- Then why not say your type you are looking for in your profile? You didn't mention anywhere you were not interested in women with kids.

Yeah, that's in case an Eva Mendes lookalike with young kids sends me a msg one day - LOL
 MrTeddyBear25
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:45:14 PM
Given your criteria I should run for the hills because I have the dreaded 1-2-3 curse and i'll add my own #4 the spare tire look in there for good measure. Fat (me), short, balding, middle aged has-bins looking to land some hot blonde (in your case brunette) 30 yo babes with delusions of virility. What are the odds of us pulling this off CC? Please tell me we got a shot and I can throw out this AARP stuff they keep sending to me in error I keep telling them! Oh the humanity!!! :) LOL

And for the record if anyone asks it if bothers me that i'm so small I just tell them I am the perfect height to fit into Ferrari's without banging my head. Lets see what Linsanity has to say about that!
 ComplekCity
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 7:34:03 AM

What are the odds of us pulling this off CC?

I believe the word is " astronomical "
 armyguy_tx
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/23/2012 9:32:26 PM
i think online dating in general is just alot different than the real world...nobody has to worry about a real put on the spot rejection in front of many people...so you get alot of people approaching types of women and men they wouldnt normally approach.

I think that results in a woman or man bypassing others that they wouldnt normally. How many of you know that couple that the woman refused to date or even talk to at first? he was persistent over several weeks...months etc...that doesnt happen online because people are block friendly...

to sum it up i think alot of women and men see these top knotch types and go after those...in many cases they want someone whos not going to for them most of the time...meanwhile bypassing the men that could have very well been a good match for them...it goes to show you some of the men and women who have been on this site for several years and nothing as much as a few dates to show for it
 summerkisses89
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:26:47 PM
Men are visual creatures. Most men judge on outer appearnce before making a move on a woman he's attracted to. Unfortunately this is the internet and images on profiles are what catches each individuals visual taste. Online dating first impression is a picture, while the person's bio and interests are either irrelevant or comes secondary.
 summerkisses89
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:31:25 PM
First off, you are far from ugly, who ever called you ugly must have been an evil spirited, classless skank. Even the men have to be careful who they speak to. btw I think you look hansom =)
 tv_kenny
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:54:10 PM
I just joined this site, so i'm a newbie at this, but not at online dating in general.
I find it's the same shit different toilet. For the amount of times I've heard that such and such site is better than another site, so many times I kind of expected it wasn't.

Same women who view but don't say nothing, I don't know if it's just western society in general, or just a regional thing where people have this disconnect.

Is it high expectations or just people not being abel to tell reality from dream land. I say I give it about a month before I just drop this site like I did the last one.
 ben1731
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:55:44 PM
I been on here here and to be honest im not looking for a woman here any more I meet a few good woman over time and they have left the site now I never got a date out of it I came back just for the forums ?
 sexyred18
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/24/2013 6:56:04 PM
i read your words and was a bit taken back by what you said, how someone looks does in fact draw the eye , for men and women both. so dont act as if its not the looks of a woman your attracted to first. dont think a guy who is good looking and is a jerk draws all the ladys. i have seen guys say stuff like a weight limit as well as breast size requirements on this site. i have been asked to to webcam with the intent of them seeing me naked ass well. im sure your a good guy but dont clump all women into the same ideals.
 Linkey0
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 9:40:08 AM
You spend a lot of time talking to a man that you say your not interested in. Have you ever thought that maybe you are fighting against sometime, that is GOOD!? You don't have to worry about it your kid's will ever see him as, Dad. Maybe all they want to see, is there Mom, Happy!
 SoMuch4U
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 10:46:32 PM
Hey, it is just an internet site where people look at pictures and read bogus profiles or not so bogus profiles. Really I just don't have the time for it. I can go out to a Boston Pizza, Jack Astors or Kelseys type place and meet all kinds of women and know after 20 or 30 mins. or so if there is some chemistry

You can spend days weeks here with some messages just to decide whether or not to meet, its just a waste of my time

And typing this was an effort, but being here a few years - just saying how it is
 alan_50501
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:54:03 PM
Too ugly for anyone....
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Why do you think you have not had success on POF?