Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Too old for clubbing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ir82
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have seen several comments from people in their early 30's saying they are too old for clubbing? I am 30 next month and I still plan to be an active clubber. I went to my regular rock club last night, I usually go on Saturdays but I was out last night instead. Friday nights it tends to be aimed at the younger people, but at 29 while I was one of the older ones there I was by far not the oldest and I find young crowd tend to like a few older people in there.

Maybe if I settle down and have kids or what ever I will have more important things to do with my time, but while I am single and fancy free is there ever an age limit?

In fact the older I get the later I tend to stay out!
 ir82
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/7/2012 4:30:08 PM
Hehe I suppose I am lucky living in Manchester there is so much choice. I have never been to a commercial club in my life as that would be my idea of hell, but always go to indie and rock clubs. I think these are perhaps in some ways more gentrified than mainstream clubs. I have never been searched for drugs ever.

For me I just beer, lights and music and clubbing combines all three :).
 bootielicious
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:33:26 PM
The clubs in Worcester where I live are awful and I've never really enjoyed them. They are too loud and too many people and it's expensive and...

I'd rather be in a relaxed pub with a pint and enjoying the company of my friends or someone interesting.
 ir82
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:16:04 AM
I think there is different ideas of clubbing too. The clubs I go to tend to be either free entry (if I have the right pass!) or £4 in. Then £3 a pint or less etc and the freedom to go outside and get a burger or what ever half way through. I suppose rock/indie clubs are more about the music and less about the cattle market side of things.

The idea of a typical club with chart music and bag searches etc is my idea of hell.

You are right about the frame of mind too, sometimes I have a crap night and hate it, but it is because for what ever reason I was not in the mood. Had a very good week with my business last week so it is not surprising perhaps really enjoyed it on Friday night.
 ir82
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/12/2012 12:24:32 PM
Satan's Hollow and FAB Cafe (more of a bar) both have pints for less than £3.00 :).

They are £2.90 in Legends rock nights too.

There isn't really many rock clubs left in Manchester now, there was a boom in new club nights after Jilly's closed but it has all calmed down now

Don't bother with indie clubs now as I am too old, but I do occasionaly frequent FAC251. Fab Cafe is a good compromise as they play all sorts of music including indie and it is cheap and less hassle than a club.
 ir82
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/12/2012 1:00:26 PM
Haha no, somebody just asked me where I was getting cheap drinks from :). I replied.
 ir82
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/12/2012 1:36:47 PM
Never really experienced that, although you do sometimes get a bit of drink split on you, I don't think it is because people are drunk but just because the places can be crowded and people are pushing through the crowds.

But as I said the sort of chain night club e.g Oceana is my idea of hell.
 stonecastle
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/13/2012 10:09:59 AM
I am 45 so am definitely too old now for clubbing. But I used to go out clubbing occasionally up until late 2007.
 Milen10
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:58:29 AM
Well, there's no age limit on death so thinking of an age limit on clubbing seems quite petty.
 jaqi
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/16/2012 10:34:54 AM
My clubbing days fizzled out about 12 years ago when I stopped drinking alcohol and it became boring watching people get drunk and making a complete ar$e out of themselves. I did, however, get asked on a number of occasions what I was drinking as they wanted a pint of whatever it was .... it was just plain old soda water!

These days I dance all night, sometimes after dancing all afternoon and it's much more social with lots of smiles and laughter. It's very energetic and completely drug free barring those on their heart pills ;-) Clubbing doesn't compare!
 stonecastle
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/20/2012 4:41:49 AM
This website could put on a club night for members. I wonder if a plenty of fish club night would go down well and if many people would turn up to it.
 stonecastle
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Too old for clubbing?
Posted: 7/21/2012 3:52:35 AM
By the way in London there used to be squat parties which in my opinion were far better than clubs as they were cheap to get in and were open all night. They often had live bands as well. The most I ever paid to get into one was 5 pounds. The only problem with squat parties was the police would sometimes turn up and try to shut them down which they did to one I went to on the Holloway Road back in 2007 when hundreds of late comers were prevented from gaining access but there were already about 600 inside.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Too old for clubbing?