Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > For serious people in TN looking for a relationship.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1ez2plz
Msg: 4
view profile
History
For serious people in TN looking for a relationship.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Rejection is fine and very acceptable but if you are going to make a profile on a dating website than in turn you have to understand that you are going to get all kinds of responces, some you will like others not so much. As I said rejection is fine but at least have the decency to msg back to give them that rejection instead of just ignoring the msgs alltogether.
 maples01
Msg: 5
view profile
History
For serious people in TN looking for a relationship.
Posted: 9/9/2012 12:22:17 PM
I'm starting to like my dog better than people, and he don't trust or like anyone. LoL
I haven't had anyone message me other than those interested in my email to flood me with spam, and there is nothing in my description to put people off, other than the fact I am considered broken, but that's fine, I cope. Funny how people see me out and are "wow, I can't believe you did that," see the wheelchair and figure I am furniture I guess. I have done more seated than many uninjured people, have friends like me who have been in sports and on the Olympic teams. I'm not sure that many on these sites want serious, they want to play, the largest percentile are playing behind the back of their serious relationship who is their security, gotta have that blanket for when the game is over!
I don't go out much, I'm very out spoken but shy, I don't feel comfortable around crowds, I avoid them at all cost, I don't travel, if I can't drive it, I don't go. I am stuck in my own way, religious, gun toting outcast it seems.
 maples01
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2012 2:45:35 PM
Way to go, that's spot on.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/17/2012 10:42:54 AM

" ... You leave a msg you get ignored. Plain and simple if your looking for a relationship than have the decency to msg. ... "

'Scuse me, but: Just becoz you SEND a message is no reason to expect a reply. That's up to the recipient. What's 'decency', like Tina Turner asked about 'love', got to do with it ... ? The way things work in the world is pretty simple: it's a lot like the way we decided which sox to wash in college - throw 'em at the wall and wash the ones that stick. Same principle applies here: Send messages with no anticipation of a reply. If you get one, be happy and respond to it. If you get no response, quit bitching and move on ... it really is that simple.
 maples01
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2012 7:55:20 PM
I have to say, some of the funniest things women put on their profile can be summed up as, "I am superficial, and if you ain't hot, don't message me, because you aren't worth my time." Yet if a guy does this he's a "dog" because it's unacceptable. LoL
 maples01
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2012 9:27:36 PM
I just find it entertaining, I don't go for women who are obviously out of my league tho, so it really doesn't bother me. You can pretty much tell which profiles are serious, and which ones are playing.
 maples01
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2012 4:42:48 PM
It's what they say that throws up red flags, hell, their photos themselves give a clue, face it, a female puts she wants a serious relationship, no games, then puts up a photo focused on her boobs, pushing them up and together with her arms, the others are her wearing little clothing, looking like a PG layout on the cover of playboy, what message do you get?
How about a gut, shirtless showing his 6 pack abs, cutting out the head shot for his profile?
I may be getting cynical as I get older, but you know, experience is gained from actions, you learn as you go, between my own experience, and listening to others, I don't know if there are many out there who are serious, and aren't working some kind of angle.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/1/2013 10:01:49 AM
Having been on this site for some time now, I can say I've found the person I've been looking for and only come here now for the forums.

That said, I can also state unequivocally that there are lots - lots - of gameplayers and 'my way or the highway' types out there. I'm pretty sure it applies to both sexes, so there's a rough 'equivalence' to make it kinda - sorta 'fair'. I've met women who said initially they had no desire to be married again, only to find out after a few dates that was just the 'come-on' line. When I made it unmistakably clear I have no intentions whatever of being remarried, well, the 'interest' suddenly became (shall we say?) 'less intense'. That's fine with me. They have every right to be married however many times they feel is right for them. I met ladies who'd already been married three and four times prior to our meeting up, yet they felt they still had to get married just 'once more'. Why? I was married once, then divorced. I can learn vicariously as well as experientially, and I have learnt that marriage is not anything I wish to repeat, much as I no longer beat my head against a brick wall just because it feels good when I stop.

The point is, there are many different types with many different agendas, and they're all going to advance them once anyone shows interest in them. It's natural. They want what they want just like men want what they want. If the two interested parties to the agreement concur that there's no problem with either agenda, then it's probably a successful matchup. If not, then someone either has to concede their 'vision' [sic] of their future or, more likely, say goodbye and resume their search.

There's way too much by way of drama expressed in the 'dating world', and it's much too reminiscent of high school and entry into the teenage years. I'm past that, and I expect others to be as well. Problem is, most are not. I'm quite happy to have met the lady with whom I'm now spending all my available time. If you're patient, you'll likely meet someone with whom you'll be doing the same thing.
 BelleMichelle
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 3:06:52 PM
I'm having a similar problem. Most of the ones messaging me say one thing and do another or they just want a fwb. Just looking for someone
 bigrig92
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2013 5:48:51 AM
in this post every one is making valid points. But I'm leaning more towards what 1ez2plz is saying and I can relate to he's saying. It would be nice to get a reply saying hey sorry not interested or something like that or along those lines.
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > For serious people in TN looking for a relationship.