Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > First thing that catches the eyes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 star15
Msg: 1
view profile
History
First thing that catches the eyesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I know this could be subjective and different for different individuals...

However as a matter of interest and for the benefit of fellow POF members it will be interesting to know if there is a common thread..

The question is what makes you want to chat to someone on here ...is it looks on the pictures posted , content of profile, close proximity..I.e same area, age , ??
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
First thing that catches the eyes
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:23:09 AM
i click on a profile, the first thing i look for is smoker / non smoker, if non smoker, i click off :O)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2012 4:01:58 AM
msg 9

which is silly, becaue you`d smell them a mile off hahahaha it takes weeks or months for the smell to go even if they had recently given up :O)
 fineaussiewine
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2012 4:57:47 AM
It does sound very shallow but my first impression comes down to the picture. Is there an initial attraction to that. My second choice would be height, body type, followed by their profile content.

As I said pretty shallow, but don't really want to waste someones time if there is no 'zing' factor there.
 Jo van
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/14/2012 6:00:39 AM
The only thing that catches my eye, are their forum posts.
If they are a new poster, I might have a look at their profile, to see who they are, and sometimes who they were. and if I agreed with their posts, I might want to chat to them.
But it's a little bit 'unfair' of me, if they're females, because this is a 'dating site', but I'm not looking to 'take it further', whereas the vast majority on here, are 'Gagging for it' [Med. Term].

So if I do chat, I have to choose my words very carefully, because many female forum posters are mostly moist, and 'primed and ready'.
A careless word can often 'trip' the 'hair-trigger', and send them convulsing into earth-shattering releases of pent-up sexual frustrations, and precipitation... All quite accidentally.

For lengthy periods of time, they sit accumulating moisture, and increasing in size, growing dangerously larger, awaiting the release, that only the written act of 'cumulo-nimbus' can sometimes bring..
Until, one day, like enormous "Super-Cells", they'll 'blow', and the accompanying tempest, and bolts of lightning, can render anyone in the vicinity, both scorched, and simultaneously, doused.

I'm very happy being single. Coupledom seems very much like hard work, and I'm extremely lazy.
Besides, I couldn't, in all good conscience, inflict myself, and my world-view-shattering beliefs, on someone I liked, they certainly don't 'deserve' that.

Richard_of_York
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2012 8:15:26 AM
If I'm making first contact, obviously the picture comes first because if that doesn't attract attention then there's no way to see the rest of the information! (Although since I usually look through the matches, my filters including location and age remove from consideration entirely some women.) Once I've decided to click on someone, or if I receive a message, then I look at the profile and read the words. Character's what makes someone a prospect or not and you get some hints of that from the profile text.
 Tayfire
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2012 10:31:39 AM
Im a leg man so a nice shapley female leg does it for me.LoL
 RunsWithScissors_
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/18/2012 8:15:25 PM
The first thing that catches the eyes for me is a great smile!
Nice legs would be the next! ;)
 RunsWithScissors_
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/18/2012 8:16:41 PM
hahaha... so I'm not a smoker, but I do sizzle! (points for that?)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > First thing that catches the eyes