Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How to be less shallow?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 73
How to be less shallow?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
As a fisherman, it's pretty simple. Make sure your wading belt is tightened right up and you wade out just a little farther. Careful though, you can only go so far, and then, well, you'll be swimming.

Something to seriously think about before making such drastic changes on how you pick the women you do.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 74
How to be less shallow?
Posted: 11/29/2013 7:26:38 PM
Walts- Ok, I am going to ask you for the dummy's guide to Walt speak.
What?!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 75
How to be less shallow?
Posted: 11/29/2013 8:19:00 PM
Writing1- wow, I can see how you chose your screen name.
I've been on POF for a while now and it's going to take some doing to top this.
You are so wise, you GET it.
You both were blessed and whoever finds you next can count themselves lucky.
I find your honesty refreshing and so moving, you damn near made me cry.
Thank you for reaffirming my faith in men.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 76
How to be less shallow?
Posted: 11/29/2013 8:45:39 PM
Writing1- ((((((HUGS)))))) back at you :)
BOYS stomp and kick and declare themselves men and demand that women fall in line. It is a true MAN that gets our respect.
In a few, simple, heartfelt words, you did it.
 platypus_man
Msg: 77
view profile
History
How to be less shallow?
Posted: 12/19/2013 11:53:37 AM
The whole problem with this thread is, that a lot of people really believe that we get to choose what turns us on sexually. But it doesn't work that way. After all, if we got to choose what turns us on, I'd pick to be turned on by women who are fat, ugly, have bad hair, a lousy complexion, body odor, a nasty disposition, sarcastic and uneven eyes. I'd be having so much sex that I'd have to quit my job. But life doesn't work that way. We pursue women that turn us on (or more specifically, women who don't turn us off), and we don't get to choose who that is.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 78
view profile
History
How to be less shallow?
Posted: 12/19/2013 11:57:13 AM
OP...sounds pretty normal to me. Guys are visual creatures. I doubt it would end well if you tried to date someone that you don't fancy....all you need to do is find a woman whose personality matches her looks.
 sigungq
Msg: 79
view profile
History
How to be less shallow?
Posted: 12/19/2013 3:15:00 PM
OP, the deep end is usually near the diving board..........
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How to be less shallow?