Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > android battery      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jmoinajo
Msg: 22
android batteryPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Dammit. Now I have choices instead of cluelessness. Steam coming out of my ears, brain cogs on over drive. Y'all should know women can't handle transition from clueless to choices. But really, thanks, I need to make a decision, contract ending on two lines, need to upgrade the remaining two or tweak the two pbones I already have.
 Demigod1979
Msg: 23
view profile
History
android battery
Posted: 7/23/2012 7:37:53 PM

Samsung Galaxy S3 without a shadow of a doubt. It has a built in Power Save option that automatically reduces power to the screen/processor and other systems to help prolong battery life. It is super configurable and an all round winner. Using an app killer AND the power save feature my S3 easily lasts 3 days even using it on email/Maps/news reader etc etc. Brilliant brilliant phone.

That's quite good, I would love to get my hands on one (I have a Galaxy S2 running ICS, which is good but will still run out of juice at the end of the day).

One trick I use when I'm on a long trip is to take my laptop with me in my bag. When my phone is running low I just plug it into the power USB port. Since the laptop doesn't actually need to be turned on to charge it can keep my phone alive for several days, even with heavy usage (it also helps that my laptop naturally has a long battery life ;) ).
 Ulukia
Msg: 24
view profile
History
android battery
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:17:45 AM
Without going through with the hassle of switching phones you have another option, external power pack. These come in two flavors, either a separate unit or built-in to the case. Without knowing the model I can't say for certain if there is a powered case for your phone, here is one for the HTC Evo 4G as an example (http://power-skin.com/battery-cases/ap1507evo/htc-evo-powerskin.html) but they make cases for others. Alternatively there are many versions of the external battery, for instance at any Radio Shack there is one they call Portable Power Bank with 2400mAh for $45.99. Most phones come with 1450mAh to 1750mAh which means this device can fully recharge your phone and still have enough left over for the next day to do a partial recharge. XPal, licensed by Energizer, makes several versions (http://www.energizerpowerpacks.com).
 jmoinajo
Msg: 25
android battery
Posted: 7/29/2012 8:02:05 AM
I got my old droid, the one I was happiest with, rooting it to get rid of extra garbage, going to test the battery save app suggested here, but also have three batteries, so I can cone to work with charged batteries and not worry about a charger. I loaned out my battery charger, though, and need to get it back. Let you know how it works out.
 Ford_Galaxie
Msg: 26
android battery
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:53:56 AM
Minimize the crapware- there's a lot of crapware applications out there. Android applications-are much like life "if it's too good to be true, that's because it is." Android developers don't have much of a reason to give away Android applications for free unless they have some motive for doing so, and it may not be to benefit you. Many of them also happen to be some Russian kid creating the stuff in some apartment in Vladyvostok. Ah, the good ol days..

I also hacked my phone, using the Cybergen mod. I only keep what I want on it and configured it exactly how I want it- just as a Linux operating system should be, and perhaps someday Google will let it be just that and all the manufactures of the phones will stop creating their own variations of the user interface.- at least until Oracle and Apple sue their asses off for stealing their stuff.

http://lifehacker.com/5650894/android-task-killers-explained-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

I power use my phone often, as I prefer riding the train when I need to go in for meetings, so I catch up on a lot of news and tend to a lot of work related items. I don't run any power management at all, and my Galaxy Nexus wasn
t tethered to a laptop , I couldn't get through a day. So I ditched the 1750mha battery and bought a Seiko 3900mha extended battery. I don't think about it that much anywhere.
 jmoinajo
Msg: 27
android battery
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:55:16 AM
Situation function at this time.

While I have everyone's attention, If I haven't lost it....

Security scanners? A lot of choices. Trying one I already like a lot.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > android battery