Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 211
Why does it take men so long to ask for a date?Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Did I say "checking the POF phone app while out on a date or in the company of friends"? No, I did not.

ie you're not rude but....you have no real life or, as I would put it , couldn't be doing something too interesting if you're checking POF while out.
 Fleuron
Msg: 212
Why does it take men so long to ask for a date?
Posted: 10/23/2013 10:33:03 AM
^^^^^^^ Who was just complaining about thread derailment in Relationships? What do your comments have to do with this thread topic? The OP is long gone.

OT – Men with guts don’t take long to ask a woman out…don’t wait around for any man, especially one who is obviously not worth it.
 MrRoboto27
Msg: 213
Posted: 11/7/2013 6:33:39 PM
The biggest problem here is that most women on this website are looking for hunks and guys with golden jobs that make lots of money and they just don't want to lower there standard. It just becomes really difficult when all they look at is your photo and judge you immediately based on your looks. If they would actually take the time to get to know you instead of judging you right off the bat then maybe they would find someone to date with on here. Also it goes a very long way just by replying even if you're saying you're not interested it helps a ton.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2013 5:42:04 PM
Women treat me way differently in real life than online. ...like I am not invisible haha..reality is that online it is about presentation because mannerism and how you are animated in real life are hard to project over online currently.

Women online have to accept that yes they have many options, however, they have to be more selective in some areas, but also relax their criteria in other areas as well. It is a balancing act and one that each man and woman must determine on their own through trial and error.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 215
Posted: 11/23/2013 8:29:32 AM

In spite of what many people think in forums, being online does not equate with having no life and no social circle.

(HS) This is true. Many of us get online via our cell phone apps. We could be anywhere.

I often get online while I'm taking #2...
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 216
Posted: 11/24/2013 5:43:52 PM

(HS) This is true. Many of us get online via our cell phone apps. We could be anywhere.

I often wondered what those splotches on your photos were. *eye roll*
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 217
Posted: 11/24/2013 5:49:29 PM

EEEEEwwwwww, but coming from a bookworm who works in the condom factory business, I can see it....still laughing.
I don't know why I always laugh at potty or in this case, poopie humor.....how juvenile is that?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 218
Posted: 11/25/2013 5:03:28 PM

(The delightfully scatological Arlo) I often get online while I'm taking #2...

(drivingharmony2) EEEEEwwwwww, but coming from a bookworm who works in the condom factory business, I can see it....still laughing.
I don't know why I always laugh at potty or in this case, poopie humor.....how juvenile is that?

But, making potty jokes is *MUCH MORE* juvenile than merely laughing at them...

When my oldest son (now 21) was four, my then-wife laid a trail of chocolate Easter eggs for him to find. He came into our bedroom early Sunday morning, all agog with wonder, saying "Mom! Dad! The Easter Bunny came and left me ch0colates!" Even half-asleep, I asked, "Are those chocolates, or foil-wrapped bunny turds?"

His therapist says he's progressing nicely...
 Walts
Msg: 219
Posted: 11/25/2013 5:45:18 PM
10 pages and no one has really come up with the real answer to the question?????

He obviously isn't drunk enough.

Now, wasn't that easy?????

Silly people.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 220
Posted: 11/26/2013 4:52:13 PM

I agree with some of the other posters, if the guy is truly interested in meeting a woman, he will ask her out......even if he isn't drunk..... :D

..."Mom! Dad! The Easter Bunny came and left me ch0colates!" Even half-asleep, I asked, "Are those chocolates, or foil-wrapped bunny turds?"

Arlo - very cute! Ok, here is one for you.....it's extremely lame but a co-worker told me this one....(a gas station clerk asked her if she wanted to hear a dirty joke, she said "sure")
How do you cook toilet paper?
===
You brown one side and throw it in the pot.......
EWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww Not sure what my co-worker was expecting....?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 221
Posted: 11/27/2013 4:15:19 PM
(drivingharmony2) Arlo - very cute! Ok, here is one for you.....it's extremely lame but a co-worker told me this one....(a gas station clerk asked her if she wanted to hear a dirty joke, she said "sure")
How do you cook toilet paper?
===
You brown one side and throw it in the pot.......
EWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww Not sure what my co-worker was expecting....?

A woman who likes poopy humour -- I call dibs! :heart:
 aanarchist
Msg: 222
Posted: 11/27/2013 6:53:39 PM
Dh2 making the hearts of modern man go aflutter.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 223
Posted: 11/27/2013 7:47:53 PM

Yes I know, I could ask THEM out, this isnt the 1950's etc etc. but Im being totally honest when I say that women are given the message that we shouldnt do it as it emasculates men and makes us look desperate

Disregard that message.
It was not sent by an enlightened individual.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 224
Posted: 11/27/2013 9:11:21 PM

A woman who likes poopy humour -- I call dibs!

and

Dh2 making the hearts of modern man go aflutter

So.....if I discuss potty/poopy humor early on in messages and possibly during a phone call, a guy just might ask me out sooner rather than later? Wow, if I knew it would be this easy, I would have started a long time ago as I have lots of material to work with....HAHAHAAHAHA and I am joking.....really I am :P
 aanarchist
Msg: 225
Posted: 11/28/2013 9:25:44 AM
If you say so hehe. No need to be shy about it, I for one have a taste for soap operas. Only the manliest of men can watch something made for women and still feel secure in his sexuality. Gotta own your lunacy and wear it proudly lol.
 gtomustang
Msg: 226
Posted: 12/18/2013 9:40:54 PM
1) some men believe if they say only the right thing, they have a guaranteed success in getting a woman to go out with them. so they wait for that magical moment where she says or does "the right opening" that he can dive into.

2)some guys are used to women who disappear. and of course, there are women in the forums who ask about men who disappear, too. and of course, long before the internet, there were people who seemed interested then flaked out.

3)some men are used to being shot down often. talking but not asking makes them feel like they're still in the running.

4)you may be more "his type of penpal" than, "his type".
 metcatguy
Msg: 227
Posted: 12/18/2013 10:02:47 PM

Yes I know, I could ask THEM out, this isnt the 1950's etc etc, but Im being totally honest when I say that women are given the message that we shouldnt do it as it emasculates men and makes us look desperate. And also I am old-fashioned in that sense that I like the man to be the one doing the asking.

it isn't the 1950's but YOU still think it is! sheesh.
 forumiteinca
Msg: 229
Posted: 12/27/2013 8:32:23 PM
Like many have stated in this thread and others, when the women won't "talk" to men, it's no wonder they are not asked out for a date (i.e. respond to emails from guys that are polite attempts to say hello). Most guys on here don't even get responses to their emails, much less hello's from women. POF is not a fish pond; it is a shark pond!
 hellz4
Msg: 230
Posted: 12/31/2013 3:47:58 PM
Ask THEM.
In my experience, the majority of the time when I suggest meeting up is when they stop replying. They perhaps just don't want to lose you or push you away.
 hellz4
Msg: 231
Posted: 12/31/2013 3:50:38 PM
Someone with intelligence. Kassai.
 localRenoite12
Msg: 232
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:13:49 PM
Because if you ask for a date within the first week of talking the girl probably will think you're a creepy stalker/serial killer.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 234
Posted: 1/9/2014 9:47:01 PM
Communication is a two way street. I think that's where a lot of this comes from. Ignoring the fact that women online are 100% identical to the men offline that they complain about (think about that guys), most fields I've talked to on this site are just boring. If I don't do all the work, there is no conversation... I'm not going to ask her out. Then what, now I get to play 20 questions in person instead of email?

I've also known girls to be completely clueless to the fact that they're being asked out.

If you're talking for 3 weeks and a guy doesn't ask you out, reread that conversation and ask yourself if you'd want to date you. Against popular belief, a lot of us look for way more than just looks

And yeah, answer your emails. Perfect is happily married with a family, accept that the person you end up with is going to have physical and personality flaws. That's both men and women on here. Nobody should have to settle, but your standards need to include people who actually physically exist. You never know, the person who you'd think was perfect for you could be the one you're ignoring or not sending that first message to.
 ktxginger
Msg: 235
Posted: 1/9/2014 10:01:40 PM

I've also known girls to be completely clueless to the fact that they're being asked out.

Really? If that is so, then the guy that was doing the asking was not making himself clear. Say something specific, suggest getting together and mention a day to do it. So many guys will say random things like "What are you doing tonight?" followed by "I'm not doing anything either" or "We should get together sometime" and then they expect the girl to take it from there and invite them out. Granted (before the guys start jumping on this comment) women do this too. Everybody needs to pull up their big boy/girl panties and STOP HINTING!! The worst they can do is say no (or block you which is a form of no) and then everybody knows where they stand.

Maybe that is what they wanted you to think. If there was any room for doubt (not a clear 'will you meet me on .... day for ....), then the girl/guy can play dumb and pretend they have no clue so as to avoid hurting your feelings when they say no.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 236
Posted: 1/9/2014 10:25:49 PM
Ginger, I've seen it as blatant as saying "let's go on a date tomorrow". Then when talking to her for him the day after tomorrow... "Oh, he was serious?"
 ktxginger
Msg: 237
Posted: 1/10/2014 7:45:49 AM

Ginger, I've seen it as blatant as saying "let's go on a date tomorrow". Then when talking to her for him the day after tomorrow... "Oh, he was serious?"

Then she is either doing the second scenario I mentioned (playing dumb so as not to have to turn him down) or it was said in a joking manner that left room for doubt as to intentions. People need to clarify. If they say "Let's go on a date tomorrow", they need to get a firm yes or no and actually make plans. Leave no room for doubt. Add "I'm serious" to the conversation if it doesn't seem like she is getting it. That way everybody is on the same page.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >