Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Clip in extensions on middle aged women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 51
Clip in extensions on middle aged women?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
long hair is sexy on a woman..no matter the age..as long as its clean and well managed. You're right, most women over 50 cut it shorter and shorter..till they look like a guy or butch. When a woman walks into a room with long, thick luxurious hair..everybody notices.
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 52
Clip in extensions on middle aged women?
Posted: 7/26/2012 10:34:09 AM
long hair is sexy on a woman..no matter the age..as long as its clean and well managed. You're right, most women over 50 cut it shorter and shorter..till they look like a guy or butch. When a woman walks into a room with long, thick luxurious hair..everybody notices.

Well, I think that is very open-minded of you, gourmetchef.

I am sure that you will meet a compassionate woman who will understand when you don your own "Clip on extension for middle aged men."
 SONNI100
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/26/2012 11:16:22 AM
I will agree with gourmet on this one..... from personal experience...
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/27/2012 7:29:11 AM
yeah..take a look at catherine zeta-jones.....or cher...or...:-)
 laskoboo
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2012 8:52:33 AM
joan rivers ( far beyond middle aged) and many others in the public eye wear clip ins........

I think its great.

I am not a fan of long hair, or long hair on women ( hair past shoulders) over 40 but think I would wear clip ins for a special occasion to provide fullness.

not length.

anyway.. thats my 2 cents on clip ins. I could give a rats ash as to what others thought about it
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/27/2012 9:11:34 AM
I could give a rats ash as to what others thought about it

No doubt that is how many view your opinion on long hair:
I am not a fan of long hair, or long hair on women ( hair past shoulders) over 40

oh, the hypocrisy ...
 Welsh474
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/27/2012 11:39:40 AM
Kayla - I second that. And too friggin funny.

I think we need to do what feels good for us, what we're comfortable with and what's suits us. The rest of the b.s. is just that, b.s.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/27/2012 12:29:25 PM
Let me tell you, I got a 3rd set in a length not much longer thn my hair-so easy to curl/style...

I hooked the pieces on a hanger w/ clips (a skirt hanger), hung the hanger on a knob of my china cabinet door, then plugged in the instyler & had some of that heat protect spray...in 5 min all pieces were curled, I only have to clip them in 2morrow night when I go out, comb a little, use a teeny bit of hairspray...it is so hard to reach pieces of hair behind your head, let alone SEE them...

A very handy invention IMO...When going to a nice venue on Saturday nite, I like to primp, but not spend too much time...this saves alot of time...
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2012 1:07:59 PM
do what "you" want. if you get negative feedback that you don't look good, then consider if you respect the source. i've done botox and fillers and nobody knew the difference except would say i looked less tired (lymes makes you tired). when i look less tired in the mirror, i feel much better. my boyfriend does not care either way. it's for me. i just make sure not too much so i don't look frozen or drool. now i see my bangs are thinning. always had thick hair. geeze louise. now i feel for men! i just hide it as best i can but will probably investigate some chemical treatment. told this happens to most women. never heard of it before. i can see it in my pics. nobody else really pays attention. just me.

there are also budget priorities. i am told with woven extensions, they take a lot of care and if not done right can actually make you balder! also have to sleep with special care. not sure that would affect my sex life well! i've done it for my daughter, special occasions, who is half african american--so we went to an african american beauty parlor in someone's house who specialized in extensions and braiding. it took hours and even with almost half off , was a few hundred dollars. if you have it ($$$) and have a good retirement planned or this is your priority, then why not? some men like golf. my money goes to animal rescue, my kids and my own vanity re botox. i do a lot for others. no guilt on my part.

also, it can look natural or fake. not sure if you've ever seen orange county housewives but there is a woman on there in her 40's w/o makeup after swimming who looks absolutely beautiful (tamara) . then she puts on extensions and makeup (lots of) and ages herself a good ten years. looks like dollie parton (spelling?), only dollie parton IS older. tamara looks like an older woman trying to look young, when she is young!

as for stevie nicks fantasies, maybe start some singing lesons? okay, just kiddin':) getting older requires a sense of humor!
 melodyof_k
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/27/2012 10:48:41 PM
Hi Blonde Angel..
I think the extensions look great.
You also look great with your shoulder length hair.
I dont think age matters....its what looks best on you
and how comfortable you feel.
my daughter bought me some long extensions.
They look totally real when they are on. However, I have a difficult time
putting them in so I only wear them when my daughter is home to help.
I think its fun...extensions and wigs both.
Hair color too.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:38:52 AM

Agree with the attraction part. With me it's Pavlovian. Switch on/switch off.

However not the 'butch' part...I just don't notice a mature woman with short hair other than as a fellow person...never as a sexual being. Also doesn't mean she is lazy...being sexual just isn't her priority...might be one of those dynamo grandmothers.
 Dani156
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:50:38 AM
I can't believe this has gotten so many posts! Just grow your own hair! Time to go get my hair done! :-)
 Welsh474
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:53:21 AM
"...being sexual just isn't her priority..." Now that statement is total bullshit. Many women look fabulous with short hair. My hair is now shoulder length but until this last year I wore it short and spikey for about 7 years. It didn't mean I was lazy and that being sexual wasn't a priority. Trust me, I, and other women with short hair are just as sexual/sexy as a long haired woman. And no one kicked me out of bed for having short hair. It's just that long hair turns YOU on.

Again, do what makes you feel good, what makes you feel comfortable and what looks good on you.

Being sexual and sexuality comes from within, not from friggin hair. And in case you have other stupid ideas regarding women...many of us are very sexual and in touch with our sexuality AND we're grandmothers.
 JAXDiver
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:00:03 AM
I knew a married woman who would wear miniskirts and stack heels in the 90's and she was in her 50's! Sooner or later all styles come back around. Wear what you want when you want, within reason. Your birthday suit at a formal just may not work. LOL
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:12:11 AM

I knew a married woman who would wear miniskirts and stack heels in the 90's and she was in her 50's!

OMG! What a brazen hussy!!!
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:20:20 AM
Why wouldn't a woman in her 50's wear a miniskirt and stacked heels? My girlfriend looks fantastic in a short skirt or bikini...I don't know what turns me on more, her dressed like that or her naked.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:33:24 AM

Being sexual and sexuality comes from within, not from friggin hair

You can feel as sexual as you want...a woman who is sexual to a guy is physically attractive. My girlfriend is a good mother and grandmother but for me her priority is being my partner. She knows I find her long hair sexy. I appreciate that she makes an effort to be a sexual object of desire. Sexual attraction strengthens our relationship.

Perhaps short hair is 'manageable' and easier to take care of...if that's your more important to you than turning on as guy, then fine. We all are free to do 'whatever'.
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:43:54 AM
Sciencetreker - we are all happy that you have found a grandma that "tics" all your rigidly constructed boxes that define what you think is sexy.

It is just a shame that you seem to think your criteria should define "sexy" for others.

You say:
a woman who is sexual to a guy is physically attractive.

That goes for women finding guys "sexy," too. If you look around, it is amazing that somehow, by your criteria, a bunch of unattractive people seem to find each other sexy!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:29:50 PM
Ok, let the almost 60 year old woman with LONG hair talk.

My dear friend Angel, if the extensions look natural, what is the problem?

Though I think the no-maintenance, never-cut, graying long hair on 45+ women is dreadful. (The ones who brag "I never do anything to my hair"---yeah, we can see that.)

I never do anything to my hair except wash it and braid it. I didn't know that it looked so dreadful.

You always want what you can't have.

If you're hair is curly ... you want straight.
If your hair is straight ... you want curly.

Isn't that right?

Nope. I love my hair.

I don't want to compete with what the latest fad is.
And I notice that hair styles seem to be what we had in the 70's.
Long and straight.
Forget that.
I'm not a teenager, I'm a woman.

I am a woman, too, and I define myself as a woman not by my hair, but the woman who I "am." Who competes with anything or anyone? I am too mature for that--it doesn't matter how other women wear their hair because I am not them.

I notice a lot of American women wear their hair long when they are middle aged and I dont think it is a good look, trying to stay young. A shorter hair style can make you look younger actually but you can always put it in a chignon and it will look elegant, if it is long. But over the shoulders and straggly, bleached blonde, ugghh.
If you are tall and slim you may get away with it.

I have NO idea where you see this plethora of middle-aged women! By far, the largest majority of middle-aged—and elderly--women whom I see have short hair. I have hair to the bottom of my derriere, and it is not a ploy to look younger. My hair is not straggly or bleached. I am not tall and I am not slim, but I “get away with it” (as if I had stolen something) quite well.

To anyone whose hair is unhealthy, stop coloring it, stop washing it so often, stop blow-drying it, find a shampoo with sulfates (and it doesn't have be expensive shampoo), keep anything and everything metal away from your hair (barrettes and elastic cords secured with metal), and trim it regularly. Eat a healthy diet and get enough zinc. Realize that when menopause hits and your body stops producing as much estrogen, you will experience hair thinning--I did (my hair used to be much thicker). However, the bottom line is heredity.
 Welsh474
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:40:55 PM
Some folks find their 50-something woman sexy in a bikini or mini skirt with high heels while other think "there's an old broad in a bikini" or "look at that old broad in a mini skirt". It's a to each their own...but hair, bikini's and mini skirts don't define sexy or a turn on for all - again, sexuality comes from within. You can have a woman with long hair in a bikini that is cold as ice and full of hate...it's just like "clothes don't make the man".

Yanno, after being married for a million years I'm sure glad my husband loved me and found me sexy when I was chubby after pregnancy, had short hair, had long hair, was skinny when I had my jaw wired shut when I broke it, when I put on weight when I started menopause, during menopause, when I lost that weight, when I broke ribs, had three surgerys, wore a mini skirt, wore long skirts, wore jeans, heels, flats, flip flops and on and on. That's what mature men who aren't focused on the exterior do...they continue to love and find their woman sexy and exciting...because of what's inside.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/28/2012 2:05:30 PM

I can't believe this has gotten so many posts! Just grow your own hair! Time to go get my hair done! :-)
Play nice in the sandbox, girly ;0P

Welsh, I like what u say about mature men...however I live in the suburbs of NY, where men, even mature men, want the visual aspect...

However, I like to please me, I feel like a feminine, romantic, sexy woman w/ longer hair.
 largo2
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/28/2012 2:33:44 PM

However, I like to please me, I feel like a feminine, romantic, sexy woman w/ longer hair.

This. Its when we feel sexy that men also find us sexy. Not all men, of course not. But more men will find a woman sexy who feels sexy.

Of course there has to be a basic level of attraction. But it is based on so many things- well for people of depth it is.

So you go right ahead and do whatever you want to do Angel. :) Enjoy the extensions. I have some, have only used them a couple of times- I'm just not good enough with doing hair stuff. Fun tho.
 missmermaid4u
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/28/2012 2:37:19 PM
I love the feel of long hair..i feel more attractive and sexy with long hair..
 melodyof_k
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:44:27 PM
extensions look great and they are fun.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/29/2012 6:53:02 AM

So, after a woman takes off her hair extensions, washes her face and removes her spankx, will I wonder who that stramge woman in the bed is?

All squirrels are gray in the dark ;0P
I threw out my spanx over a year ago, why squish my azz, I let it all hang out now, as to attract men who like my azz, & if I were going to bed w/ someone, I'd prob be so excited, I wouldn't want to waste my time taking out extensions or washing off the makeup, I'd do that later...much later, after I made him pass out from exhaustion...

and no, none of us want the Trump look...his money: yes, his hair: no!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Clip in extensions on middle aged women?