Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not having a social circle of friends sure hasn't helped, anyone else      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 B_forU
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Not having a social circle of friends sure hasn't helped, anyone else have this problem?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Whatever you do don't listen to this.
Rural America is not the answer.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 53
Not having a social circle of friends sure hasn't helped, anyone else have this problem?
Posted: 9/29/2012 9:03:22 AM

Same problem here. Im 36 with no kids and a small circle of freinds and on this ste i just get ignored all the time.

That's not entirely a bad thing.

Many of the women on here are "not" great catches.
 kclady42
Msg: 54
Not having a social circle of friends sure hasn't helped, anyone else have this problem?
Posted: 9/29/2012 5:35:39 PM
i am the same no close friends. i did have a best friend that stabbed me in the back and have a hard time getting close to people ever sence
 wolfluvr1234
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/29/2012 5:45:44 PM
Damn, that kinda hurts. I'd like to think I'm a decent catch, not perfect but......
 saw8wave8
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/2/2012 12:39:04 PM
If you want friends, wife, kids, you will get them. If you don't want friends, wife, kids, you will not get them.
 DMV_Living
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/12/2012 1:34:50 PM
It's happen to me as well. Had a group of friends through the high school and twenties. We all got married, kids but lost contact with many. Now single and it's pretty quiet.

When I moved back up to MD earlier this year, I decided I wasn't going to hang around the house any more so I joined Meetup. It has just about any social activity. I love playing sports like football, tennis, volleyball so I joined those groups and joined a 30's/40's group and a couple of others. It's been an awesome experience since I've done things that I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't joined.....AND meeting people. Heading to a cabin n the mountains next weekend with a group of them.

If you want to change things, then make it happen.
 Robert122077
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/12/2012 3:46:57 PM

If you want friends, wife, kids, you will get them. If you don't want friends, wife, kids, you will not get them.

Truer words have never been spoken. Now the question is, why do I NOT want these things?
 FrzLawyer
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:44:19 PM
A) The women your friends introduce you to can be... Well, its only happened a few times, and they've been nice, just not women I would have picked for myself.

B) Do you distinguish between "friends" and "buddies"? I have plenty of buddies, but only a handful of friends.

I don't know that close friends are all that more common than women you can be close to.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/15/2012 1:53:04 PM
I do I have only two best friends and everything was hook g good until those two got married at almost at the same time. I can even come to talk to them bc they aliways so busy with their husbands or never home. We used to do so many thing together. I work a lot supporting stuff from one paycheck is close to impossible so only time I have is weekend Unfortunally that the time when husbands have off too. So I have been alone with guy problems for a while so I def hear u on that one
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/15/2012 6:43:31 PM
Recently I discovered Meet Up

They have something like that in Ontario too; or, at least, in my area.

It actually seems like a good time!

A girl who was hoping to rent her house out to me told me all about it; bi-wkly house parties (ok, bbqs and volleyball games, softball games etc) essentially!

Really; when I'm ready to get back on the horse, and there doesnt seem to be any good options, I'm there in a flash. (why not right?)
 Iamhereonthissite
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/16/2012 6:18:49 AM

1st thing that popped into my head...Get out of the city!

Really?! I don't think that would work. I live in a more rural area where most people are married, some marry quite young, too. This place is different from the big city, in that you can't approach a woman at a bookstore or some public place without her boyfriend or having a ring on her finger. lol And most people kind of stick to their own social network they grew up with since high school.

I did have a couple of married friends, but they were too busy with their wives to do anything.

I lost my social circle of local friends when they all got married or involved with someone. It's such a fishbowl community, I had to seek a social life IN the city pretty much back during that time.

So, thus I went to the big city to meet others.
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 2:21:48 PM
Esp. If you are in a big city, have you tried www.meetup.com ?
Lots of interest groups, many are free & I've met some of my best friends there.
(No, I'm not affiliated with them!)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not having a social circle of friends sure hasn't helped, anyone else have this problem?