Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Masturbating Bird      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Masturbating Bird Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

You could try some type of hot pepper rubbed on the perch, not the bird.

Oh my God! If you put some Habanero juice on the perch, can it be very long before it's on Tweetie, too--and where he will really know it? Pretty harsh, I think--a little kindness toward our feathered friends, please.
 lotustemple
Msg: 24
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/25/2012 2:01:21 PM
Without being cruel you can train or modify dogs behavior. Birds are said to be smarter, so maybe more sensitive too-idk?

Highly senitive and do not respond to negatives or punishment of any kind, it will make them act out more or slowly slip into menal illness. Only behavior modication that is successful is rewarding good behavior. They do not train like a dog and should never be left alone.

Hot peppers don't bother most parrots and are a part of their diet in the wild, however there are over 600 varieties and counting with all the hybrids, and all are different.
 LoveMyDog55
Msg: 25
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/25/2012 2:09:22 PM
Cockatiels are very social and love to interact with you out of their cage. I think it's ideal to have two ~ not for breeding, just for companionship.

Should be possible to get another bird that isn't fertile, yes?
 HiHeelsLover
Msg: 26
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/27/2012 8:22:42 AM
The bird was a throw away as my other pets are. It is a new habit. Before the dog she was permitted to fly around until she destroyed something then she was locked up for a while. But for the most part let out again. She doesn't permit anyone to touch her. She will crawl on me when I am sleeping as my son has told me. But she will snap at me if I attempt to touch her. I respect her space. She should have the right t decided who should touch her and not. I had a cat who felt the same way for at least 3 years while living with me. But he finally warmed up to me and we were best friends before he passed away.

I have been making sure it is dark and quiet at night. She has gotten better. Not doing it as much.
 LoveMyDog55
Msg: 27
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/27/2012 9:29:58 AM
Thank you for keeping us updated ~ she is fortunate to have you taking care of her. I wish I could sleep as sound as you do :)
 lotustemple
Msg: 28
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/27/2012 12:26:42 PM

The bird was a throw away as my other pets are.

What a horrible way to describe a rescue animal, did you get it out of the trash? Does that mean to you that the bird does not deserve to be treated as well as a "purchased" bird? Leaving an animal alone in a cage is considered cruel. You should get another bird or give it to someone who cares more than you do.

At the very least educate yourelf about the birds emotional and other health needs. They are smarter and more feeling than you realize.
 Fleuron
Msg: 29
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/27/2012 4:07:13 PM

His name was ladybird. Now it is pervert.

That happens to the best of us.
 nipoleon
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/27/2012 6:33:27 PM
The bird isn't so much horny as it is bored.
Birds are really quite intelligent and need to keep their minds busy. Zoos frequently have this problem with intelligent animals that get bored and start to obsessively masturbate.
You need to socialize with your bird as much as possible and give it an environment in which it will be entertained and challenged.
 windchymes
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:38:51 PM
Are you SURE the bird is masturbating and not just scratching what could be some kind of irritation or infection??? It's a little unfair to deem the bird a pervert instead of getting it checked out by a vet who specializes in birds. And it's not fair to let it suffer because medical care for it doesn't fit into your budget. At worst, an office visit and a little bit of medication if necessary shouldn't break the bank. When you have pets, sometimes you just have to cough up some cash for a vet, unfortunately.

And dear god, PLEASE do not ever be so cruel as to put hot pepper sauce onto something that the bird is scratching itself on. If it's already got an irritated spot, can you imagine putting hot pepper onto it??? How is the bird supposed to get it off??? The thought of doing that is just unimaginable.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 7/29/2012 7:03:49 AM
LOL, LOL, LOL..
Yes, I know I am not supposed to laugh about it, but I serious would like to see it.
Glad to see him doing better, even tho you keep saying SHE.
Maybe HE has a hots for you?
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 33
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:18:17 PM
I can't believe this thread didn't get more play...
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Masturbating Bird
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:41:37 PM
I feel sad for the male birds. No hands, so they cant masturbate. Heck, dogs and cats can at least lick their own genitalia. The birds kind of got screwed in that aspect of self satisfaction as far as having the physical attributes necessary for satisfactory self stimulation.

That, and they have their peckers on their faces. Oh, the injustice of it all.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 35
if you can't mount the bird properly, at least give it a good goose
Posted: 5/8/2018 5:45:24 AM
I'm guessing such a fowl subject is due to the birds returning in the spring. One large breasted swallow woke me up at 4am by singing its mating song in my two story tall rhododendren outside my bedroom window. I don't think he was in tune, I think he was just winging it.

I hope he doesn't plan to build a nest right there, b/c when I turn on my window A/C he's going to end up with a vibrating bed.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Masturbating Bird