Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > can pics of younger days give insight into the person of today?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 45
view profile
History
can pics of younger days give insight into the person of today?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm really surprised by so many responses saying they aren't interested in, or don't want to see older pics in profiles. Of course people should have recent pictures of themselves first and foremost, but there's nothing wrong with having older pictures also if they say something about you and how you got where you are today. Older pics can be great conversation pieces! You can say all day long, until you're blue in the face, "I'm not the same person I was 30 years ago". That's true for all of us, but we also wouldn't be who we are today without learning from all our life experiences. I have some older pics in my profile. Not because I'm trying to live in the past, but because they tell a part of my life story that led to where I am now. I'd much rather see a wide variety of pictures in someone's profile showing them doing things that reveal who they are as a person. Seeing 10 shots of the same person in the same bathroom, through the same mirror, from 10 different angles tells me nothing personal about the individual. Just saying.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 46
can pics of younger days give insight into the person of today?
Posted: 10/1/2012 11:09:16 AM
ever see post office pics??? lol
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 47
can pics of younger days give insight into the person of today?
Posted: 10/1/2012 12:42:30 PM
Yes ,look @ Van Halen,,,lol
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > can pics of younger days give insight into the person of today?