Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dani156
Msg: 16
How to get back into the ring...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^^^ agree,it sounds like an interrogation. It would turn me off and I would run the other way. That is what dating is about getting to know each other over time,not one conversation.
 nativerock
Msg: 17
How to get back into the ring...
Posted: 8/2/2012 10:28:21 AM

That sounds horrid. If someone I'd never met started rattling off that laundry list of questions, I'd hang up.

I agree if you do not like the fellow ask away and he is sure to get off the phone rather rapidly.. Works for me when I do not wish to date someone I meet from a meetup.. lol
 Miss W
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/2/2012 10:44:21 AM

I agree if you do not like the fellow ask away and he is sure to get off the phone rather rapidly.. Works for me when I do not wish to date someone I meet from a meetup..

Be very careful with this option as weird as it is, it can backfire.

That is what dating is about getting to know each other over time,not one conversation.

One would think.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:17:10 PM
Marriage will get you back into a ring. LOL

Anyway, I think it is important to always be respectful in any contacts or responses. You never know who they know, and even in online dating, sometimes a bad reputation gets around. I also respond to every message, and I'm not reluctant to say "thanks for you message, but I don't think we're not a match" when I am not interested. It's harder to reject after you've met, but usually when that is necessary, I just say "it was a pleasure meeting you, but I don't feel there's any chemistry between us" or something to that effect. Don't be critical, and do take rejection by them gracefully - and it will happen.
 Dani156
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:23:08 PM
^^^^ Very nicely put.
 Fifi47
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/3/2012 8:56:41 PM
I always say "Thanks for the response, we do not seem to be a match", when I am not interested in a responder, and "Nice to meet you", good luck on your search ", if I meet someone and do want to get to know him further. Why people have to say something about there being no chemistry is beyond me. Just tell the person they are ugly for crying out loud. Being nice costs nothing, and having manners is worth a million bucks.
 Walts
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/5/2012 4:13:02 PM

Well,asking her sweetly to bend over the desk and using lube has always worked for me. Some girls just don't like it no matter what ya say or do though.
 moraima
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2012 4:23:01 PM
"Some women are attracted to something called confidence. I call it a cheap parlor trick

Anyway my point is I hate being a fake guy but can do it, though I don't understand why women are turned on by illusions such as confidence. "

Op you don't seem to have any idea what confidence is. It is all about having good self esteem. Nothing fake about it.
A women with good self esteem want a man with the same.
 AlfredoDP
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/5/2012 5:43:47 PM
"A women with good self esteem want...", Moraima, I see you have not found a girlfriend yet.
 JAXDiver
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2012 7:11:06 PM
Life is a journey, enjoy the ride! Be yourself, yet be a little guarded. It's a brave new world out there!

How to meet: Ask the question. Would you like to meet? Note: If you live in Philly and she lives in LA, planning is important. Don't forget good hygiene is good if you plan to meet more than once!

Rejection: Stay positive! Thanks for your interest. Good luck with you search.

As to how to get back in the ring: Push up on the top ring and bring one foot in between the center and top rings, then look back at the rings and bring the other foot through. In some rings, one needs to walk through the opening in the chain-link fence.

Remember, it's a brave new world out there! Enjoy!
 moraima
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2012 9:18:10 PM
""A women with good self esteem want...", Moraima, I see you have not found a girlfriend yet."

WTF?

OP, do you have a problem talking to men, clients or employees? No, then if you can talk to one person, then you can talk to another. No big deal. Just talk to women as you would do any other friend/associate.
 TheMadgod
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/7/2012 1:40:32 AM
How should you handle rejection?

This one is easy--don't take it personally. Just like looking for a job, any and all "dating sites" are nothing but a numbers game...many people will not respond to an emote/PM, that's just the nature of the beast so try not to get discouraged and keep on initiating contact

If you do hit it off with someone , how do you meet?

Your first few times take separate vehicles and meet in a neutral public place, such as a coffee shop, park what have you.

Of course, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules... ;)
 nativerock
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/7/2012 10:22:25 AM

I agree if you do not like the fellow ask away and he is sure to get off the phone rather rapidly.. Works for me when I do not wish to date someone I meet from a meetup..

Be very careful with this option as weird as it is, it can backfire.

Luckily it has not backfired yet.. I just let them know am not into any kind of relationship that involves you living in your place and me in mine.. lol That usually has them running and I spare hurting their feelings.. GGG
 sushisue
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2012 11:04:48 AM
Even at my age, 60, I run into men in my age range that want to have sex first and then they want to decide if we are compatible, As the kids would say,,,WTF! So yes, those people are out there and it's weird and may be dangerous as well. There is a lot of rejection here because there are a lot of people who really aren't interested in a relationship. Just be clear as to what you want and be prepared to say, "No thanks".
 Thornz2000
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/7/2012 11:08:44 AM
When getting back in the ring, make sure your mouth guard and cup is in place.
Safety 1st.
 raicor
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/10/2012 8:50:21 PM
failing the mouth guard and athletic supporter, a suit of armour from medieval times can be found at the local antique mall.

best of luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >