Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > good things come to those who wait??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 privat33r
Msg: 26
view profile
History
good things come to those who wait??Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"I noticed your looking for someone to hang out
To me that means girl comes over watches TV has sex & leaves. ".

This sounds so awesome, and I was planning to buy a second hand chair and ottoman anyway.
 Serephena
Msg: 27
good things come to those who wait??
Posted: 8/3/2012 9:25:47 PM
Usually once you stop trying or looking for something, THAT'S when it happens !! (=
 LifeBreath
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/6/2012 4:18:17 PM
It take a WHOLE lot more than that to "erk" me. A WHOLE LOT MORE!
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/6/2012 4:23:46 PM
If you're sitting on a toilet.....
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/6/2012 4:30:51 PM
Good things come to those who wait AFTER they have done everything they could to prepare for and cause the good things to happen.

Otherwise, you're waiting on random chance and you'd have better luck playing the lottery.

OP, you might want to start with that profile. You're too old to have a profile that looks like it was written by a thirteen-year-old. If you want to attract, you need to work on being attractive, and that profile isn't doing it for you.
 RenegadePassionTrip69
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/7/2012 8:58:07 AM
When are they gonna add upvote buttons for posts? Ugh, so much wasted karma opportunities.
"Christ on a Crutch" would get a lot of upvotes from me... lol
 Love.Notes
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/8/2012 7:32:09 PM
I always thought it was ' Strike while the irons hot"!
 AnnB72
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/8/2012 7:42:01 PM
Sometimes, it's more like good things come up and slap you across the face when you least expect them too.

The moral is that you may want something, and you should definitely try for it, but sometimes you can try too hard when that something isn't ready to be yours yet. Sometimes you just can't force it. But if you stay awake, and receptive, if it was meant to come your way, it will. Just don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Happy dating!
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/8/2012 8:27:32 PM
This is a line to make you feel at ease when you pass...
 AddHomonym
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/9/2012 2:12:58 AM
Any hunter or fisherman, for that matter knows all about the waiting.

Thing is, waiting in the right spot at the right time with the right gear and having the right skills beats waiting at home surfing the internet every single time.

(I was gonna put something about the right bait but I started to get sick of my own analogy)
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/9/2012 7:54:41 PM
They suuuuuure do buddy.
But only after the go-getters get there first and take all of the fantastic things
 Archangel_07
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/9/2012 8:02:13 PM
If you want something bad enough go get it.
 Angelkis1
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 10:36:00 PM
You have a really nice way of explaining this..Mr. igore

Yes, haste is waste and get to research the subject befor you leap, if it"s an application for a position or aperson of interests. Patience is a virtue but pays off, they say don"t jump befor you leap.

Not all people have the tools to work for us because that is also learned. God they say Puts people in places, maybe their our angels to guide us, well I feel they are.

I feel there is some that guide us each on this site in the right direction. Remember to stay with in...with FOCUS.....which is important
 strawberryrippleicecream
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/13/2012 10:57:50 PM
Life is perfect, then all of a sudden you meet a man, who falls madly in love with you.
Good things come when your life is perfect anyway, from your own endeavours, because if it wasnt, he wouldnt be interested in you any way, usually when you have emerged finally, after years of stress and duress, from a hideous marriage, which you would never reinact.

Then when he leaves you, your life is so imperfect, due to his love,and his hate for your family and friends, his jealous streak etc , you wonder why you bothered, and you say to your self , I probably wont bother again.
Yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 sigungq
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/14/2012 3:06:50 PM
Even if you don't wait, even if you take the bull by the horns, even if you MAKE LIFE HAPPEN, it's still no guarantee that good things will come your way. For me, I make my life happen. But you can't make love happen. That depends upon another person, and so far I've found other persons to be highly unreliable in this arena.
 jt guy
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/14/2012 4:05:57 PM
OP: You are correct. Good things do come to those who wait, but only if you are rich. Rich enough to buy any thing you want.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/14/2012 4:09:20 PM
Well, then, I suppose that I'm going to get something REALLY good, since I have been "waiting" plenty long enough.

and so far I've found other persons to be highly unreliable in this arena.

I second that.
 msright78
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/14/2012 5:07:47 PM
of course good things do come to those who wait. The problem is how long does one wait?

I have to say, I'm still waiting for my mister right. Was close to it b4 but meh didn't work out.

U just gotta have patience and do alot of dating and be picky.
 LinuxD
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2012 5:55:51 PM
If your ship has not came in,swim out to it.

When there is no wind,ROW!
 Lowtones84
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/14/2012 8:49:52 PM
keep waiting, op. keep waiting forever. yup, cuz that's gonna be how long that investment'll go before turn over.
 Bella_RF
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/14/2012 8:51:28 PM
That's what my Mom said today and I know she's right. But, I don't sit at home hoping it will happen I get out there and enjoy life. With so many functions going on and through my friends I've met a lot of good people. Am taking things slow but am looking forward to the New Year!!!
 Glenoran1
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/14/2012 10:42:04 PM
There's an 'ancient Chinese proverb' that I keep in mind: "A person must wait a long, long time with his/her mouth open before a roast chicken flies in."

As in playing poker, life seems to be a 'game' of patience and well-timed appropriate action.
 jan1025
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 5:47:35 AM
It depends on how bad you are and how long you've been bad, lol...
 Whisky_River
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/15/2012 8:05:33 AM
"A person must wait a long, long time with his/her mouth open before a roast chicken flies in."

I like that...lol.

I have heard this for years as well.
I interpret is...Not being needy...be open for someone to find you but not to grab just anyone...be patient...Like others have said.
I have my fingers crossed...
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/15/2012 8:50:58 AM
The one thing I did learn about life is that if you want something. You must go out there and get it. No one has done anything or got far in life by sitting in a corner and waiting. There is not one succesfull person out there who was sitting around and just had things handed to them.
For people who seem to wait for everything they seem to have lots of bad things come to them as well.. There is nothing that says ONLY good things come to those who wait.. Sitting around doing nothing is for lazy people.
Its same in everything in life... You tell those things to people who can't get anywhere in life to make them feel better. keep there hope up while they are still draging there feet on the road of life.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > good things come to those who wait??