Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Texting or Calling?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JGL209
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I guess.. I don't talk to many younger people. Ideally I'd like to do a Skype call/ video call but women seem not to like that too much. It's my preference I wouldn't meet someone off a dating site without taking to them outside of text. I dislike texting and get bored fast. I have ran into 3 women who had husbands/ boyfriend and kids but lied about it on their profile. They were extremely hard to get a call from and preferred texting. Go figure!
 ssm508
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 6/24/2018 1:49:27 PM
I briefly dated a woman until I found out she was married. Her husband traveled often because of his job. Thus she would call me when she was home or out doing errands. While he was away.
 Tech30
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 6/29/2018 2:19:13 PM
younger people text because they dont know how to carry on a real time conversation.
They need that extra time to think of exactly what to say and edit their words.

Older people seem to prefer talking over the phone or in person over texting.
 ssm508
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 7/2/2018 8:07:11 PM
^^^^
I can carry a conversation. Sometimes it's just easier to text while multitasking.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 105
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 7/3/2018 4:51:52 PM
Has anyone watched " The Joneses Unplugged"? I think it answers the question
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 11/12/2018 8:44:18 AM
Given that there are SO many Robo calls, I would pref him giving me his number, and if convient I will call or text when is a good time for a call.
 Tech30
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:05:34 AM
^^^^
I can carry a conversation. Sometimes it's just easier to text while multitasking.

So you really cant carry a conversation. If you are too distracted by other things then you're not paying full attention to the other person.
 ssm508
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 12/9/2018 8:05:12 AM

So you really cant carry a conversation. If you are too distracted by other things then you're not paying full attention to the other person.

Yes I can. For example, I can have a text conversation while I'm having dinner or watching a game at home by myself. It has nothing to do with needing extra time to think about what I am going to say.
 ginghamgal
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/5/2019 10:23:59 AM

Yes I can. For example, I can have a text conversation while I'm having dinner or watching a game at home by myself.

Or people can exchange texts with another person while doing certain types of exercises. Like riding a stationary bike.
 hemingway234
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/6/2019 4:19:48 AM
I've arranged dates by both text and phone. So it really does not matter that much.

But I have a personality and can be pretty silly over the phone, with accents, something that's hard to do over text, so I do better over the phone.
 ssm508
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/6/2019 7:37:24 AM

Or people can exchange texts with another person while doing certain types of exercises. Like riding a stationary bike.

Good point. I recently had a text conversation while doing some cardio exercises.

I've arranged dates by both text and phone. So it really does not matter that much.

Same here. I'm okay with having a short 15 minute phone conversation prior to a first date / meeting. But it's not mandatory. I don't think talking on the phone necessarily means someone is more serious or honest. I also don't necessarily think a phone conversation a general indicator of how good or bad a first date / meeting might be because of reasons I mentioned in msg 97 and 100.
 Nicetomeetyou2u2
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/6/2019 2:39:00 PM
I usually hand write a letter and mail it to myself. Saves me the hassle of trying to figure things out! Might also explain why I am single :P
 RefinedRibbon
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/12/2019 7:03:54 AM
I feel that these days cam and voice on a messenger in adult manner before anything or a app you not giving out your number right away I like to know what I am getting on my end goes both ways. Better to be safe.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/14/2019 12:38:57 PM

Do most women prefer you to call or text them when you make initial contact?

If they said for you to call them, you call them. If not no reference to make a Call to them, by default, you send them a text. After all, you Were Texting them to begin with, thru POF. If they'd like a call, they'll at least hint (if so, you ask if they'd prefer you did), or flat out ask you to (which you then do). If they get upset because you texted them after texting thru POF to initiate it, without asking you to Call them, they're crazy. :)

I usually hand write a letter and mail it to myself. Saves me the hassle of trying to figure things out! Might also explain why I am single :P

You're not doing it right. A CARING guy is going to spend time with his letter. After tracking down her address, he writes his letter using letters cut out from magazines, pasted next to each other. Her heart will soar when she gets that surprise letter in the mail.
 pfif
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/14/2019 1:09:10 PM
If you call on your mobile, find a spot with a
good signal, when you have at least 10 minutes
to give the call your full attention.

Spotty signal strength can play havoc with an
otherwise good phone call.

Pause periodically during the call, to
listen carefully to the other person. It
should probably feel slightly uncomfortable
(just short of eliciting an 'are you still there'
question, if you both happened to be silent).

I personally would not endure the dozen
questions that will arise after an unsatisfying
exchange of SMS texts (which does happen
now and again, even where there's substantial
goodwill).

I would just pass on that entirely (texting-only
style contact, with someone I don't know well).

The voice call will be far more definitive,
especially if you pay full attention. ;)
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/15/2019 5:52:15 PM
Pinky 127....Perfect!
 cooldog65
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Texting or Calling?
Posted: 1/15/2019 6:43:54 PM
^^^ Pinky127 posted in this thread back in 2012 and has been gone since 2013.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Texting or Calling?