Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Getting a second date from online dating is harder than pulling teeth      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Getting a second date from online dating is harder than pulling teeth..Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
He showed up late, so that was a bad start to the night. I would not want a guy holding my hand in a movie on a first meet. In fact I would not arrange to go to a movie at all for a first meet. You talked and yet did not get to know each other??? Was it all about current events or trivia????

If you were feeling ill then of course you would have wanted to go home. Why didn't you excuse yourself???? The guy would have gotten a negative impression if you were not well and didn't tell him.
 south_city
Msg: 91
Getting a second date from online dating is harder than pulling teeth..
Posted: 10/13/2015 9:20:33 AM
On POF, it can be tough getting a first date / meeting. I had more success on other OLD sites in terms of getting first dates / meetings. But many times, there won't be a second date because there isn't enough mutual attraction / interest / connection on a first date.

Even when a first date goes well, it is still possible there won't be a second date due to various possible reasons that have been mentioned on this thread. Some women have contacted me after a date saying "I had a great time", "we should go out again", "you are a sweetheart" etc. Yet when I tried to set up another date with them, they never responded or they cancelled at the last minute.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/13/2015 11:34:03 AM

he yapped.. i yapped.. but we never really got to know each other.. and my tummy was hurting .. BAD

at the end of the night.. if I could have tapped my heels 3 times and went home... I woulda.. i coulda.. omg.. why wasnt I home?

And you got lucky. How is that possible? You were able to tell right away that was not the guy for you. You were able to now tell the difference between an indecisive man and one that is not. You learn that for future men, throw them a little test as to see their resolve during email stage, so you don't have to waste your time again.
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/13/2015 3:13:23 PM
Debisue, your experience was about as wonderful as one of mine. Met this guy (read jerk) at a local place and sat at the bar. We were supposed to meet for a quick margarita. He wanted to order an appetizer and I told him anything was good as long as it didn't have peppers, I am very allergic.

The waitress came over and asked for our order and he ordered this huge sampler tray. Nice gesture, but everything had peppers. I very pointedly asked the waitress if there were any substitutions that didn't have peppers as I was very allergic. He promptly decided that the tray was fine as it was advertised. The waitress gave me this weird look , I just shrugged my shoulders, rolled my eyes) and she took the order and came back with our margarita's and started talking to me about food. Then the manager came out and was talking again about food. Our waitress came back with our order of appetizers and then the manager came by with a "special" plate and asked me what I thought of it as a new appetizer? My idiot of a date still never clued in and after inhaling his peppers on a tray swiped some of my "special" appetizers.

I slipped the waitress a nice tip on top of what he gave her when we left and went home fuming. I thanked him via text for the margarita's and when he asked if I would see him again, I straight out told him he was arrogant and rude. So no.

He just couldn't understand???

BTW, the appetizer they brought me was a shrimp bruschetta (sp) kind of dish and it was really good.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/14/2015 6:59:53 AM
I disagree.

If my memory serves me correctly, ( I am a blonde, LOL) for all my first meet dates, (approx 150) the men looked like their pictures.
Their voice sounded the same as it did over the phone,
only a few showed up late,
only one ditched me during the date because I turned down his offer to go home with him,
and I can remember only one occasion where I offered to pay for anything. I paid for my own drink.
Only one confessed his pending divorce was not finalized.

Approx half of my first dates, requested a 2nd date. I accepted half of those. LOL ( the other half hinted they wanted a FWB. Nope!)
Of those I declined, I did so politely, then and there.
A few of the men who asked for a 2nd date, and we agreed to place, day, and time, THEY were the ones to poof/vanish.

And that's life!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Getting a second date from online dating is harder than pulling teeth..