Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ir82
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Are you put off by a DisabilityPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
It is a bit different, if I loved a person and they fell ill of course I would care for them and look after them, but if I knew I had have to do all that before I went went on a date it is a different kettle of fish.

I hope I am making sense.
 eve1962
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Are you put off by a Disability
Posted: 1/6/2013 9:20:24 AM
No, it wouldn't put me off. Any of us could become disabled at any time - accidents. Would be a very sad lonely world if everyone dismissed disabled people. What would be me off would be if it was a disability that meant the person needed a carer. I could be a carer for someone I was already in a relationship with, should it become necessary. But I couldn't start a relationship like that.

Had a good dance years ago in a club with a bloke in a wheelchair. Swapped numbers and went on a date - I was nervous about it, thinking things like we need to go somewhere without any steps. Had a great night and a few more dates, but we just weren't suited.

Another time, chatted to someone online for a few weeks and on the phone. Got on great. Met up and he had a major limp. Didn't bother me and we had a great day together - but what did annoy me about him was that he didn't mention it. Probably thought if he did, I'd turn him down - but if I was that sort of person, he shouldn't want to meet me anyway. But I would have liked to be forewarned, as it was a bit of a shock.
 FrouFrouLetGo
Msg: 27
Are you put off by a Disability
Posted: 1/7/2013 1:09:28 AM
No, I have 3 disabled children and they are lovely. I would hate anyone to dismiss them for that reason.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >