Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are they really this active?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rdcnorm
Msg: 151
Are they really this active?Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

One area they can't keep up is sexually without the help of a little blue pill.

It's interesting how some women like to bust mens balls because they may have a medical issue. I know there are medications they dry out women, There for your not actively getting wet and need some sort of lube..I wonder if it because your not that active and your not taking care of your self, We all age,,

Why do you think we stay active in the first place? I do things now that my younger me would have stopped hours ago. I was in it for me not the other person. Now I get joy giving rather than receiving. I can bet there is more than one man that will back me up here.

I will back you up ^5,, No blue pill needed here,, all I need is my girl, and I can get hard 24/7 I just by the sound of her voice,, I sure wish she would be quiet once in a while so I can go pee..

No I don't workout or ran around like cray like I used to, yet I work construction,, and I put some of the young men to shame,, many have no stamina, complain how hard work is,, some can't even carry a bundle of shingles up to a roof with out their spine bending and crunching.. Sure sometimes my best friend is Advil.. However I kegel everything I climb a ladder,sure makes love making more intense,, so no blue pill needed here..my work out is making love to my girl...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Are they really this active?
Posted: 11/28/2012 6:04:29 AM
Well, Norm, its probably true that the women getting laid regular are not the ones on here complaining about how men can't keep up.......
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 153
Posted: 11/28/2012 6:08:54 AM
^^^Well that's being active, right??? ;)

I think it's about compatibility. I'm active and it really only works well when the guy I'm with is active as well, or we both miss out on sharing a lot of it together and having a compatible lifestyle.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/28/2012 8:34:29 AM

Well, Norm, its probably true that the women getting laid regular are not the ones on here complaining about how men can't keep up.......

Well said,, I should have thought of that,,, ^5
 Love.Notes
Msg: 155
Posted: 11/28/2012 8:27:21 PM
I think any man that put's that much effort into running hundreds of miles, kayaking, climbing mountains, skydiving, snowboarding, and killing grizzlies with their bare hands lol.....is one brave fellow. Let him have his fun if a younger woman is willing to take on the challenge. More power to him...while it last. As for messaging them? If you're that curious about it try dating one of them there is no harm in doing so.
 Squaw63
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/12/2013 3:54:44 PM
I totally agree nativerock. I want someone that wants to be with me and have fun not someone that is so busy trying to live longer they aren't living in the moment now.
 Paderic
Msg: 157
Posted: 3/12/2013 4:14:58 PM
I want someone that wants to be with me and have fun not someone that is so busy trying to live longer they aren't living in the moment now.

Not sure what you mean when you say active people are busy trying to live longer and aren't living in the moment. I am always squarely grounded in the here and now.

I can tell you from the perspective of an active guy- if being with you means being sedentary, I would pass.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2013 5:21:37 PM
^^^It must mean she also wants a guy that has not saved a penny, instead he lives for today spending every dime he has.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2013 6:36:50 PM
People who are fit and active are not 'too busy' for things in life. In contast, being fit increases your total pool of energy. You feel better, sleep better, etc.

I'm not sure what folks are doing in life when they don't have time to go for a 15 minute run or don't have time to go to the gym....or don't have time to eat a nutritious diet. They have odd priorities. They had to do what...get in another 10 minutes on the video game?
 Teemax
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/12/2013 8:20:20 PM
Iam 50 just tried Surfing plan to do more with my son next summer ,play hockey when I can.Quad with my kids. love water,ski when I have time.Younger women does not always make for active,Best laugh I had all year I was sub in on a hockey team ,guys average age 24 to 35,, I was good scored 1 but by the second period Iwas beat. after the game one of the fellows .Said you come back next week ,If i wake up tomorrow and can walk to my truck go chance.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 161
Posted: 3/12/2013 8:24:39 PM
Its not just that I want to stay active. It would be nice if she would join me on some of my things and would let me join her doing new things for me so togher we would be even more active.. The best way to live a good long life and a good life at that is to keep your mind and body moving and active.
 Lovestodancetoo
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/12/2013 8:55:16 PM
I think they simply want someone who wants to be active with them, and usually notice that they also mention they enjoy "down" time, as well. Personally, I don't want a couch potato, and made sure my profile says that I'm active and prefer to be outdoors on a gorgeous day than inside sitting around. Just my opinion.....
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/12/2013 9:05:59 PM
I'm sure I've posted in this before.

But the thing is....
If a guy is attracted to slim beautiful women...who work out....
best be a slim buff guy who does the same.
I mean those ladies ARE picky.

just how it is.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:13:15 AM
I can all kinds of food and rarely do I put on any pounds.My job keeps me active.I enjoy
riding a mountain bike when the weather is nice.I know a lot of women that go to the gym and the
majority of them tell me it's mostly to get rid of some bad eating habits or because of going out
on the weekend drinking.Not a lot of guys have this problem.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 165
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:19:51 AM
Windchimes;; +1... I dont want to climb mountains or jump out of airplanes to entertain someone. I think nice long walks and the ability to go out and not sit in front of the tv all day and night is great. I also agree if a 50+ man is seeking women in their 30"s they try and act like they are young to entice the young. Personally, I am looking for someone who shares my interests, not a competitor.
 Paderic
Msg: 166
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:23:31 AM

If a guy is attracted to slim beautiful women...who work out....
best be a slim buff guy who does the same.
I mean those ladies ARE picky

Likewise, slim buff guys...who work out... are also picky.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 167
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:27:04 AM

Personally, I don't want a couch potato,

Anytime you come across a woman's profile that says the above, it would serve you well to take a pass. This is a public display of issues she is carrying around from her past. I guarantee it.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 168
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:47:53 AM
Wrong again Stupidoooo.. I was never married to one or dated one.. I agreed with that statement from some of the other women posters..my intention was to state I am seeking someone in between the mountain climbing body builder and the couch potato. I think body builders and genuine athletes should date people who enjoy that lifestyle. As couch potatoes can enjoy others like them.. Some of us fall in between the two. I would suggest you stop trying your junior psychological assessment skills.. you have not once been right about your JUDGMENTS of me
 Stubidooo
Msg: 169
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:58:44 AM

Wrong again Stupidoooo..

because you say so charliemoo ?

ls.. you have not once been right about your JUDGMENTS of me

Oh, I think I've got you pegged 100% ...
 charliesmom21
Msg: 170
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:03:31 AM
Well Stupidooo.. a great choice in name by the way.. I wonder how you suddenly became the expert on me... funny coming from someone I have never met. I think you are a prime example of why so many women have stopped dating from this site. They get tired of rude and arrogant behaviors. I simple responded to the question with my personal opinion. I have not insulted you or said you even have to agree. Yes, because I say so, I think I am a way better judge of who I am than you are and I think should really avoid making assessments until you have a degree and the the experience to do so. IMHO
 Stubidooo
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:21:14 AM

Well Stupidooo.. a great choice in name by the way..

It's "stubidooo" .. reading is fundamental.

I wonder how you suddenly became the expert on me

Not you.. care nothing about you. However, I do know the "type"

i think you are a prime example of why so many women have stopped dating from this site.

That could actually be true. You see, I'm actually a guy. I think like one and talk like one. I don't let women walk all over me because I'm on a dating site, I don't censor myself for the sake of doing so nor am I going to bow to female opinions and pretend to be someone or something I'm not.

They get tire or rude and arrogant behaviors.

Opinions will tend to vary but for every one of your type that view me as "rude and arrogant" there will be a different type that sees me as confident, in control, and secure. You would be surprised at how many messages I get behind the scenes from women who follow my posts. Not everyone agrees with your assessment. Imagine that?

I think should really avoid making assessments until you have a degree and the the experience to do so.

I think I have the experience to make the assessments I do .... feel free to disagree....
 charliesmom21
Msg: 172
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:29:51 AM
wow.. I am so sorry you feel being arrogant , opinionated and disrespectful is manly.. I will agree to disagree on that one. As far as your dine store assessments, please leave me out of your uneducated guess work as to who I am as a person. As far as the name.. I like my spelling of it better.
 Bogie_Bacall474
Msg: 173
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:31:34 AM
"The problem with hobbies is that they interfere with a real relationship. All my friends who have gotten married in the past 4-5 years have had to cut down on their hobbies to work more, stay home more with new kids, and generally we agree there is a decline in their hobby activity."

The above is all and well and true but this poster is 31 so "all my friends" are probably close to the same age. Add 20 or 30 years to your age and now at 51 or 61, your children are raised and out of the house, your career is winding down as retirement approaches or you're already retired, maybe even have a part-time job - so, there is lots of time for getting back into activities and hobbies. Most friends of mine in the 51 to 61 age group golf, hunt, finsh, quad, motorcycle ride, spend a month or more in the southern US or even Mexico. They also embrace new activities and maybe take courses in things they've had no time for while working, like photography or art. And yes, some still like to follow hockey or baseball or something on TV but we also have down time during our day.

So yes, some Over 45 may well have a vast number of activities and interests and a small minority are couch pototoes - in my experience anyway.

And as far as the above pizzing contest is going, I often agree with Stubidooo as he is not afraid to call a spade an effing shovel. Opinion is just that, opinion.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 174
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:36:29 AM
As far as the name.. I like my spelling of it better

Of course you do.... charliesbitcch
 charliesmom21
Msg: 175
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:54:00 AM
I agree, everyone has a right to their opinion, however to take pot shots at an individual and make blind assessments is not an opinion, is plain rude. I try to honestly respond to questions with my personal experience, not professional advice. I do not expect everyone to agree with me, however, making personal attacks as to who I am as a person without any personal knowledge is just wrong.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are they really this active?