Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 55 ??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 147
Men over 55 ??Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hahah! We do join. But we work out, have all our teeth, and lie about our age, just as some women do.
So if you search for 45 and over, we're here.

I pass for 10 years younger all the time, without soliciting the question about age.
NOT being fat, bald, toothless, and boring helps a lot. Being able to ski, snowboard,
surf, or skateboard your kids into the ground doesn't hurt the perception either.

Here's a hint for men: If you want to pass for younger than 50, lose the moustache. Almost without fail, every man who sports a moustache is over 50-years-old---often he's over 55.

A lone moustache instantly "dates" a man, and is a dead giveaway of his true age---regardless of how fit he is, how much hair he has left on his head, or the condition of his teeth. He's fooling no one but himself.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 9/16/2012 4:52:58 PM
Sounds like we have some fisherman in the group. I prefer keepers myself.!!
 smokincigars
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 9/16/2012 8:20:50 PM
halcyon_skies wrote:

Here's a hint for men: If you want to pass for younger than 50, lose the moustache. Almost without fail, every man who sports a moustache is over 50-years-old---often he's over 55.

A lone moustache instantly "dates" a man, and is a dead giveaway of his true age---regardless of how fit he is, how much hair he has left on his head, or the condition of his teeth. He's fooling no one but himself.

You may be right most of the time when it comes to men over 45, but how about younger men? I have had a moustache since my early twenties. Back then I wanted to look older, later I decided I just liked the way it looked. (No, it didn't really make me look older because so many other young guys were doing the exact same thing.)

I grew my first beard in my thirties, regrew (and kept) it a few years later. I liked the look back then, but even more I liked the time it save me in the morning. (I was working a very-early-morning shift in those days, and I am not by nature an early riser.)

Do I look my age? Certainly. Would I look younger if I were clean-shaven? Perhaps. More likely, I'd just look like a clean-shaven 63yo instead of one with a beard and moustache. And after all these years, I'm not sure my friends would recognize me without the facial foliage. I'm comfortable with the way I look, and to be honest I prefer my face bearded.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 150
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 9/16/2012 8:52:33 PM
Do I look my age? Certainly. Would I look younger if I were clean-shaven? Perhaps. More likely, I'd just look like a clean-shaven 63yo instead of one with a beard and moustache. And after all these years, I'm not sure my friends would recognize me without the facial foliage. I'm comfortable with the way I look, and to be honest I prefer my face bearded.

My post was not directed at men with beards---it was directed at the guy who lied about his age and claimed he looked ten years younger than his actual age. Also, notice I said "lone moustache"----meaning a moustache without the accompanying beard.

There are men of all ages that wear moustaches along with a beard or goatee---those are fine. It's a moustache worn by itself that looks outdated and gives a man away as being over 50.
 DDR20
Msg: 151
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 9/16/2012 10:37:37 PM
I joined ! If there arn't any more, I guess that's good for me.... . Lol
Not really, there has to be more.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 9/17/2012 6:21:17 AM

It's a moustache worn by itself that looks outdated and gives a man away as being over 50.

Hmmmm....I would think any style of facial hair (including none at all) says more about what goes on in a man's mind than something about his age, and I would think that telling whether a man is over 50 or not requires very little other than just his general appearance.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 153
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 9/17/2012 6:57:50 AM
Hmmmm....I would think any style of facial hair (including none at all) says more about what goes on in a man's mind than something about his age, and I would think that telling whether a man is over 50 or not requires very little other than just his general appearance.

All I'm saying is that I can discern whether or not a man is over 50, yet is claiming to be in his forties nine times out of ten just by his moustache alone. A moustache worn by itself has proven to me to be a highly accurate marker that the man is over 50.

However, even without a moustache, I can usually tell by looking at him when a man is lying about his age by more than a couple of years. I think most other people can, as well.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 9/17/2012 8:55:47 AM
Perhaps its cultural but I'm quite proud of my age. At the gym I like it when the younger guys say some variation of 'you're in good shape for an old guy' or 'wow, you're 10years older than my father'. there's another fellow in his early 70's that I admire. Hope to have his fitness level when I'm his age.

I'm attracted to women within a few years of my age. I need someone I can relate to. However, it's a positive to keep oneself surrounded by a younger generation...hiking, at the gym, playing soccer, etc. The irony of guys who claim to be younger than they are is that few are fooling anyone...it comes across as dishonest or 'creepy'. In contrast, if one is a fit active male there is an element of the female population 15 years or so younger that is often attracted to you.... no need to fudge one's age.

searching4truelove00002
Msg: 155
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:19:10 AM
Oh, how I wish I lived in Georgia!!!!....I'm 59, and have my life long friend(my lone mustache) still with me..lol
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 156
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/23/2012 9:02:39 PM
They do join but they want younger I am afraid. If you are over 55 of both sexes, you would not have much luck from what I hear. I guess it just a hookup site for the younger crowd, in the main. I know two guys in their early sixties, have good jobs, cordial family relations, interests, are intelligent, reasonably attractive for their age who get no response or very little and have had maybe one date in two years, let alone no sex. It would be worse for women I imagine.
 barra62
Msg: 157
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/23/2012 9:09:35 PM
You missed "my" profile ...lol
 barra62
Msg: 158
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/23/2012 9:13:25 PM
They do join but they want younger I am afraid. If you are over 55 of both sexes, you would not have much luck from what I hear. I guess it just a hookup site for the younger crowd, in the main. I know two guys in their early sixties, have good jobs, cordial family relations, interests, are intelligent, reasonably attractive for their age who get no response or very little and have had maybe one date in two years, let alone no sex. It would be worse for women I imagine.

wow that boosted the ego ,, lol. should I stay???
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 159
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 8:20:14 AM
where are all you nice over 55s

Married, in a relationship, or for me....living south of the border :(

...mae
 rearguard*2
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 8:33:44 AM

Married, in a relationship, or for me....living south of the border :(

However, all the vivacious, exciting, interesting women are living north of the border...as far as the Yankees are concerned.....

Go figure.....Its a good thing we Canucks can keep the good ones for ourselves!
 softshoe100
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 8:39:03 AM
Jee I was just thinking that the cold weather (north of the border) seems to have more than it's share of attractive women.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 8:54:28 AM
Hey! We aren't into sharing up this way!
In the cold, women are a Winter necessity. There are never enough warm ones to go around.....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 163
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 2:16:50 PM

Hey! We aren't into sharing up this way!
In the cold, women are a Winter necessity. There are never enough warm ones to go around.....

Haha....I know what you mean....snow is falling as I type this. Getting colder. Unfortunately for me it looks like I'm going to have to get out my winter parka and my toque.

...mae
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 164
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 3:42:12 PM
I know what you mean there in Calgary. I don't think Toronto will be too far behind you.
 funandfloating
Msg: 165
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 4:28:47 PM
Dr Mike

That is hilarious!! The physical meet is always the leveller anyway. So you may waste 30 minutes on a meet and greet, all part of the fun of online dating. Men lie about their height, age and their weight. Women mostly just their weight and age lol!
 funandfloating
Msg: 166
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 4:30:27 PM
barra62

If you are having any luck why not stay, it is free. The poor lonely me look is not attractive. Smile man, smile!! . If you are retired, why not say so. The profile is nothing special and you need to elaborate a bit on that and inject some humour. You didnt ask for a profile review so you can ignore my comments.
 CDMer
Msg: 167
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 4:44:49 PM

if one is a fit active male there is an element of the female population 15 years or so younger that is often attracted to you.... no need to fudge one's age.

This has been and continues to be my experience.
 searching4truelove00002
Msg: 168
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 8:42:21 PM
I just turned 60, and I'm lovin this site. I seem to get an average amount of views, and emails, and even an actual meeting now and then. Have made some nice friends, and some strange ones also. Haven't met the one yet...who knows, maybe by the time I'm 70. But, I am having some fun...that's for sure....
 barra62
Msg: 169
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/26/2012 9:39:51 PM
Quote:-{ You didnt ask for a profile review} wow , I got one anyway .

Poor lonely me ? hmm guess I got that wrong ,, don't feel poor and lonely , whatever gave you that idea?
I guess not all of us can have that smiley "look at me, look at me " look ..lol

But hey , it may no be the greatest mug on the planet , but at least it's me ..lol.. and I've got a better tan than you .

Didn't know people were so white in Australia...!!!!

I didn't say I was retired because I'm not .

Oh , and that's my humurous like ,, you don't have to like it ,I didn't ask you too if I recall rightly .

Let's see now ,,, that should cover it .....
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:33:55 AM
[I also have found that men who posts current photos of themselves with pronounced beer bellies label themselves as "average," in body type.]

All i can say is that i think woman have the 1.st prize in not being up front about their size/age.
 VenusandAdonis
Msg: 171
woman have the 1.st prize in not being up front size/age.
Posted: 10/27/2012 5:24:09 PM
I guess for tht I am guilty..
I like to think not giving your true age is an identity theft issue, but, it's not, it's more than a culture thing..it's vanity..omg I said it..but if I can't nip and tuck a couple of years I will try to photo shop it..but here are some great pics caught far enough away.. lol and yet th wrinkles are really okay..
As for men, just like women, they are very individual, I have met up with some people I really was glad they recognised me, because they looked nothing like their photo..and as we conversed, I understood, tht image we carry is th one we are most proud of, oddly enough tht is th one we project..
These ppl had amzing things to tell me, and in the end it really didn't matter..(the pic thing)
Just struck a chord in me, (no biggie) (and mayb I'm wrong)tht we all do it, in some way or another, create an image for ourself and serve it..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 55 ??