Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 55 ??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 barra62
Msg: 169
Men over 55 ??Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Quote:-{ You didnt ask for a profile review} wow , I got one anyway .

Poor lonely me ? hmm guess I got that wrong ,, don't feel poor and lonely , whatever gave you that idea?
I guess not all of us can have that smiley "look at me, look at me " look ..lol

But hey , it may no be the greatest mug on the planet , but at least it's me ..lol.. and I've got a better tan than you .

Didn't know people were so white in Australia...!!!!

I didn't say I was retired because I'm not .

Oh , and that's my humurous like ,, you don't have to like it ,I didn't ask you too if I recall rightly .

Let's see now ,,, that should cover it .....
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Men over 55 ??
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:33:55 AM
[I also have found that men who posts current photos of themselves with pronounced beer bellies label themselves as "average," in body type.]

All i can say is that i think woman have the 1.st prize in not being up front about their size/age.
 VenusandAdonis
Msg: 171
woman have the 1.st prize in not being up front size/age.
Posted: 10/27/2012 5:24:09 PM
I guess for tht I am guilty..
I like to think not giving your true age is an identity theft issue, but, it's not, it's more than a culture thing..it's vanity..omg I said it..but if I can't nip and tuck a couple of years I will try to photo shop it..but here are some great pics caught far enough away.. lol and yet th wrinkles are really okay..
As for men, just like women, they are very individual, I have met up with some people I really was glad they recognised me, because they looked nothing like their photo..and as we conversed, I understood, tht image we carry is th one we are most proud of, oddly enough tht is th one we project..
These ppl had amzing things to tell me, and in the end it really didn't matter..(the pic thing)
Just struck a chord in me, (no biggie) (and mayb I'm wrong)tht we all do it, in some way or another, create an image for ourself and serve it..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 55 ??