Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is "snort laughing" a dealbreaker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 26
Is snort laughing a dealbreaker?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I snort when I am really amused. However, people have gone out of their way to get me to laugh, so I guess it isn't too annoying.

As for the movie theater--shades of my ex husband's family. I hated to see movies with them--in the theater or at home--because of their loud, seemingly uncontrollable laughter over parts that just weren't funny.

Or funny to me and everyone but the family.
 Goldenmann74
Msg: 27
Is snort laughing a dealbreaker?
Posted: 8/14/2012 10:03:26 PM
Remember that old show "Three's Company" where Chrissy Snow made those snorty laughs. Now what guy didn't think that was cute as hell, and making you laugh even harder after she said something funny and snorted. Thats definately not a dealbreaker.

But, on the other hand, in your defence about the movie theatre, that would be very annoying and even embarrasing. So yes that would be a dealbreaker. That is inappropriate behavior.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:25:37 AM

Remember that old show "Three's Company" where Chrissy Snow made those snorty laughs. Now what guy didn't think that was cute as hell, and making you laugh even harder after she said something funny and snorted. Thats definately not a dealbreaker.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that the reason it may have been perceived as "cute" is because it was Suzanne Somers.

Now, if it were Mimi from "The Drew Carey Show" snorting, I'd venture to say most would have found it repulsive.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:36:54 AM
Wouldn't be a deal breaker but I would wonder what was inappropriate about the laughter and/or is there actually a reason for it or the person has no compassion/empathy filters?

My father once when my parents actually dragged me to a movie with them was laughing his azz off when no one else in the theater was, then everybody started laughing at but at the same time with him. I wanted to melt into the floor then but now, I'd be laughing right with him.

Sometimes people have sticks up their butts, perhaps that is the greater problem than the snorting at inappropriate times.
 AF2013
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/15/2012 2:57:05 AM
I snort sometimes. And sometimes I laugh like "Muttley"...Haven't had guys had any issues with it either. Most think it's cute, although I would gladly give up the snorting part if I could.
 sailinthru
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/15/2012 12:27:25 PM
nope..not a deal breaker... pretty funny in itself... just glad i don't do it :)
 AnnB72
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:00:34 PM
I snort laugh...
If something's really funny - it just happens...
:/
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:14:50 PM
I know someone who farts when she laughs!
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:45:27 PM

I snort sometimes. And sometimes I laugh like "Muttley"...Haven't had guys had any issues with it either. Most think it's cute, although I would gladly give up the snorting part if I could.

A Muttley laugh??? Oooooooooooooh, hell yes. I think I just fell in love.

Heavens to Murgatroid. This would go splendidly with my impeccable Snagglepuss impression.

Now, I must exit stage left..
 Greg19899
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:51:05 PM
Yes..lol I sat down in class last night between a Goddess and a Linebacker who continually grunted the first hout of class...The first 30 seconds of break, I gathered up my things and ran to the front of the classroom..:) Grunting, sighing..seriously? The blonde to my left kept looking at me like I was doing the noises and vibrating the tables...ummm..no..that is the 250lb linebacker beside me..lol
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:56:31 PM
Damn now I heard it all.. If people laugh the wrong way it can be a deal breaker/ redflag.... I don't care how people are laughing. If they can have fun and laugh they can snort all they want. Dated a girl who would snort when laughing so I would start making pig noise which would only make her laugh harder. People need to keep it real to what realy matter in life.
 Maleman999
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/15/2012 4:16:41 PM
If they're laughing while snorting coke, it's a deal breaker.
 AF2013
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/15/2012 8:21:19 PM

A Muttley laugh??? Oooooooooooooh, hell yes. I think I just fell in love.

Heavens to Murgatroid. This would go splendidly with my impeccable Snagglepuss impression.

lol...I have to admit that "Muttley" laugh usually follows mischievous acts I commit.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/15/2012 8:50:26 PM
LOL..no..I think its kinda cute.
 1bellanella
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 8:59:24 PM

You people and your "deal breakers"...

They must have an abundance of people wanting to date them. How else can they turn someone away purely on how/why they LAUGH? For the love of God, people, just be happy you've met someone who can see the humor in life.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/15/2012 9:32:14 PM
I snort when I am really amused. However, people have gone out of their way to get me to laugh, so I guess it isn't too annoying.
------------------------------------------------------------
This I would die of laughter to see. :-p Some people's laughter are funny and I just laugh with them cuz their laugh is funny. I had a female friend that I chilled with in barrie and she had the funniest laugh and ever time she laughed I just laughed for the hell of it cuz her laugh was so contagious.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 4:17:19 AM
* snort* I hope not OP.

Make me laugh like crazy..You get the * snort*on occasion.

Its just catching your breath through your nose..

If thats a deal breaker.Waaah.

Inappropriate laughter/ giggling. Another matter entirely.Up for speculation as to whats inappropriate isn't it?

My last nerve gets a bit bent on the gigglers for NO reason..Someone says hi..giggle.
Just reg conversation giggle.
O- gawd sthu.

^^^^^^^^hahaha * snort*
 platypus_man
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 11:27:33 AM
Depends on how hot the girl is. The hotter the girl, the less anything else makes any difference at all. That's why there are so many b!tchy beautiful women out there; they act that way because they can get away with it.
 vestaceres
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:21:50 PM
No, but smelling like Old Spice is dealbreaker.

So is "pig" who publicly expresses his desire for careless and casual sex, on a dating site.

How about a codger who farts (silently) in a crowded theater, and then stares at his date with blame...
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:40:37 PM
People who snort usually do so with an open mouth....insert finger.....now I'll laugh, with a hand in front of my mouth...
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:42:39 PM
So is "pig" who publicly expresses his desire for careless and casual sex, on a dating site.

Wow, I'm not quite sure what THIS particular thread has to do with me or what I desire, but since you felt compelled to address it, your wants are no better than mine. I neither hurt, mislead, or deceive anyone.

Judge all you want. Hurl all the sanctimony you want. I am 100% unapologetic and unregretful of anything I say, do, or believe.
 OKgirl529
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:47:08 PM
Snort laughing being a dealbreaker? Are people really that picky?
I started snort laughing if something was really funny when I was pregnant and still do it from time to time if I'm laughing pretty hard. I think it's cute.

I don't laugh at inappropriate times except for sometimes at scary parts in a movie, maybe it's a nervous habit lol.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/19/2012 4:38:17 AM
Of course it is not a deal breaker in a relationship, I mean that is just silly...Though if I see someone's child/children gleaming at something funny, or a disabled senior sitting on a park bench reminiscing of a humours memory of his passed wife, and they are snorting like dirty pigs, of course that type of public display is absolutely disgusting...
 IR_SomeBuddy
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/19/2012 9:22:06 PM
Kudos brienfrance.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/20/2012 4:04:59 AM
definite deal-breaker.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is "snort laughing" a dealbreaker?