Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > How would you improve the human body?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MegaMike_64
Msg: 33
How would you improve the human body?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
One word:

FLIGHT.
 DameWrite
Msg: 34
view profile
History
How would you improve the human body?
Posted: 1/27/2013 7:43:47 PM
breathe under water or gills are fine too.
fly
have dials to tune the senses for desired effect.
 Entheogen43
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 1:07:17 AM
These are improvements for MY body, some people may already have them, lol.

1. I want a womb, to grow my own babies and not inflict the pain on my mate.

2. Regenerating teeth. Someone else mentioned it, and I hate that it has to take up one of my 3 slots, but I need it.

3. Photosynthesis.
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:04:54 PM
Well, ok, if we're going that direction...then how about a man being able to cum and cum, about 10 times, for about 7 hours, and give the woman all she's capable of and doesn't know it.
 mark777771
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 6:42:55 PM
The clitoris in the vaginal canal?
 mark777771
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 6:43:04 PM
 mark777771
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 6:43:21 PM
 Paul9473
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/22/2013 12:20:56 AM
Having thumbs on both side of your hands would be coool. Much less butterfingers.
 CureCurious
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/22/2013 12:38:53 AM
hmm amidst the masculine responses.... i will give a feminine response:

1: No body hair
2: Ability to eat chocolate and other yummy stuff without ever losing the hourglass figure and no need for exercise
3: No labour pains, period pains, morning sickness, etc etc.
 spilling_fire
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:45:21 AM

Well, ok, if we're going that direction...then how about a man being able to cum and cum, about 10 times, for about 7 hours, and give the woman all she's capable of and doesn't know it.

Me likey!
And I'd like to add that the on/off switch for fertility is genius. Especially when combined with the idea above.
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:55:15 PM
^ ^ Yes, thank you for comprehending - if picking just a few things that would have the most positive effects, and address the human condition the best...wouldn't it do so much if women were completely fertile for one or two weeks, yet weren't fertile at all for a few months, and didn't have to hassle with all the complications also? (Wasn't meaning an on/off switch though btw) Heh, how do some of the suggestions in here compare with stuff like that, and brain development and immune system health? Well...that is...aside from the above suggestion - for a typical man to casually be able to cum several times, without rest periods being a concern.
 Blueberryeggos
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/24/2013 12:01:49 AM
Fly.......goodbye gas prices and car insurance!
 Albvs
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:56:51 AM
Honestly, I think we humans have a great design "as-is". Most of our problems seem to be poor diet, eating disorders, an unwillingness to exercise (fatigue avoidance), an unwillingness to use caution in circumstances which merit it and a tendency to resort to violence when peaceful solutions could be used instead. Our species is wonderfully adaptive to the extremes of our planet. Our brains are quite capable of leaps of intuition and the development of ever-better science. My faults aren't with the design itself but more of how we collectively have neglected the gifts we have.
 Albvs
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:58:50 AM

What? You guys can't do that?
 LennyPane
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:53:42 PM
...Speaking of the human body, anyone seen Louis C.K.'s stand up routine on the "shitty"
human body? "You can trip a human!...You can't trip an animal... Anyone ever see an animal trip on something"?
Posted: 2/25/2013 12:49:53 AM
^ ^ People just don't know how to "fall" right. In martial arts training and other things, one of the first things you have to learn is how to fall. (or not fall, of course.) The typical human isn't even in touch with how his body works and moves. Things like martial arts teach you stuff that you should already know intinctively/intuitively to some extent.

Honestly, I think we humans have a great design "as-is". Most of our problems seem to be poor diet, eating disorders, an unwillingness to exercise (fatigue avoidance), an unwillingness to use caution in circumstances which merit it and a tendency to resort to violence when peaceful solutions could be used instead. Our species is wonderfully adaptive to the extremes of our planet. Our brains are quite capable of leaps of intuition and the development of ever-better science. My faults aren't with the design itself but more of how we collectively have neglected the gifts we have.

I agree with all of this ^ completely (with exceptions, like below).

The design of the spinal column is a true POS. Any 2nd year student of mechanics could do better.

Yes, the lower back and the knees are two biggest weak points structurally. (They say lift with your legs, not your back...but be careful, don't be dogmatic with a job-sites dogmatic CYA safety points, you need to also not mis-use your knees when "using your legs not your back".)
 LennyPane
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:19:29 AM
@drinkthesun

...Guess that explains why the old 'banana peel in the dojo' trick never worked on sensei. He took it like a champ.
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:24:20 AM
Transformed it into a kick, he did, preceded by a distracting banana peel flying past his opponents face. Wwhhaaaaa.....!
 Albvs
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/25/2013 4:26:17 PM

Anyone ever see an animal trip on something?

Yes, horses do.
 RyanohRyan
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/27/2013 12:06:36 PM
I want the ability to collect, store, convert solar energy into useable energy rather through food.

The ability to create oxygen within my own system, rather collect it through breathing.

The ability to create new cells, rather copies of my current cells.
 Albvs
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/27/2013 6:17:27 PM
I want the ability to collect, store, convert solar energy into useable energy rather through food.

Become a farmer.

The ability to create oxygen within my own system, rather collect it through breathing.

"Create oxygen?" Sounds like transmutation, the stuff of the Sorcerer's Stone and nuclear fission/fusion.

The ability to create new cells, rather copies of my current cells.

Every second of the day your body is bombarded by cosmic rays which cleave your DNA to create mutations.

From wiki:
For 1 GeV particles, the rate of arrival is about 10,000 per square meter per second...

That's about 8 per square inch per second.
 geekymister
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/2/2013 11:14:52 AM
More efficient rest. I'd like to sleep 6 hours and feel like I've slept 8.
 scribble82
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/3/2013 9:07:43 PM

I believe the technical term for that is "cancer".

Excellent.
 jojoaus
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:28:55 PM
Re: message 65 and a subsequent one below citing horses as 'trippers', my horse had the ability to trip over thin air. I think he could see things out of the corner of his eye, believe them to be in front of him and then stumble. he would also JUMP over things that weren't there, again it seemed to be things that were just to the left or the right of him. Handsome but just maybe a little dopey ;P

My choices for improving the human body would have to include:
1. A better designed spinal column
2. A faster metabolism which did not slow with age
3. Flight......
 RussArtLover
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 11:15:43 AM
1. Longer lifespan. Although this would seem more beneficial to evil empires it is just the opposite. More good-guys would live long enough to find each other, accumulate wealth and overthrow them and setup a benevolent vigilante force worthy of extraterrestrial expansion.

2. Better built-in lie detector. We're all born with one but it gets tore up learning to speak, keep secrets, lie.

3. Better co-ordination.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > How would you improve the human body?