Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > To Toupee/Wig or not to Toupee/Wig?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Djonna
Msg: 26
To Toupee/Wig or not to Toupee/Wig?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I like bald, too. :-)
 Welsh474
Msg: 27
To Toupee/Wig or not to Toupee/Wig?
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:40:15 AM
I've seen a couple of good toupe's and and ton of really bad ones. The thing is, I could give a rat's azz about hair on a man. It's what's inside and not on top that counts. I think most women feel this way so get rid of the combovers, half bald, half bald with a ponytail and either go with what you have neatly trimmed or shave it off.

I had a glass of wine on Thursday night with my friend who is mid treatment for breast cancer (she's 45). She's done her chemo and has fuzz growing back. She was so happy that she could feel stubble on her legs and "down there" as well as getting some eyebrows and eyelashes back. She is now taking radiation treatments. The drugs have also thrown her into menopause so she's doing the hot flashes and night sweats. Although she bought 2 wigs she says it's too friggin hot to wear them and I don't blame her. So she goes with what she has, fuzz. And who the hell cares. The thing is, she knows it's coming back. Men who lose their hair should realize it's not coming back so embrace what you have or get rid of it altogether.

Bald men, to me, are sexy as hell. I did a meet up for lunch with a fellow from POF that had a terrible toupe, I was afraid that instead of saying "please pass the pepper" I'd blurt out "please pass the....that is the worst fvcking toupe I've ever seen". It made for an uncomfortable lunch experience.
 AddHomonym
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:59:51 AM

The whole toilet seat aka the George Costanza look is ridiculous too. Then there are the toilet seats with ponytails. They need to just shave their heads.

Even worse than the "toilet seat" is when your bald spot joins up with the hairline and your bangs become a tiny island, or a tuft of hair. Sometimes, I feel like growing it out and forming that into a ponytail dangling down into my face...lol Having a shaved head is not an option for me. My noggin is massive, like I have to specially order my hats massive - if I shaved off what little hair I have left, I would terrify small children. Besides, not everyone likes the idea of blending in easily with Nazi skinheads.

I just throw my hair back away from my face. Beyond that, I don't give it much thought. My daughter says this is a comb-over and I fear that she may be right...technically. The comb-over, to me, is a lateral thing meant to cleverly "disguise" the fact that you are balding. The blast-back is just keeping the hair out of your face.

Bald guys that I think look cool would include Riff Raff and Capt. Piccard.

Of course, a good hat beats any and all of the above options. Hair be damned! Hats are awesome.
 AspenJack
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 9:55:41 AM
I love hats, fedora type hats, not caps. I have a collection.

I've surprised people the first time they see me remove one. They say, "OMG, you have hair!"

Well, YEAH! Hats aren't just for bald guys, you know. They keep the sun out of your eyes and the rain off your glasses.
 mingo88
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 10:17:16 AM
Truthfully I would prefer it as I cannot stand baldness. And why on earth would you rip it off in a moment of passion? That's just odd. Plenty of woman also wear wigs and have weaves. If it makes a person feel better about themselves, then why not?
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/18/2012 10:25:28 AM
My girlfriends husband had the worst wig. It started right above his eyebrows so he had no forehead lol. All I could do was constantly stare. If a guy had a natural looking one I wouldn't. Mind if he looked better that way. Well maybe I wouon't know lol. Using the Grecian formula tiff is ok bevausse it still leaves it looking salt & pepper just with more pepper lol
My dad used to use it & my bro in law does.
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/18/2012 11:05:01 AM
This is so funny. I was just at the gym,(yeah for me). I finished my workout and was walking towards the locker room.

There was a guy jogging on a treadmill. He was in very good shape. Maybe 4o? He had a ridiculous toupee on. I mean the hair did not match top and bottom!

I felt really bad for him. That no one was in his life that would do what Elaine did for George, rip that off his head and throw it a window!!
Be real be what you are and love it....
 Miss W
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:27:11 PM
Rugs, combovers and 2 hair ponytails are turnoffs, same thing with dying your remaining 2 hairs a shoe polish black. Just go with nature.
 authenticoutlook
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:42:06 PM
Toupee? I didn't even know they made these any more... LOL

Oh well... kinda the same thing as a woman wearing hair extensions to me.. so what's the difference here?

kharmakemeleon
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 2:33:37 PM
There would be no chance of me ripping off a man's toupee during an orgasm as I don't date men who wear them. Bald men are sexy. In fact some are more handsome than men with hair.
 DragonBits
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/18/2012 3:25:13 PM
About 15 years ago I was making predictions that sales of toupees would decline and hats would eventually make a big comeback.

My reasoning was simple, as the baby boon generation aged they would continue to lose hair, and they are the largest consumer group. So as bald became more prevalent, it would become more accepted.

Hats are making a comeback, I think that will continue.

Quote from Wikipedia:

From 2002 to 2004, new orders from Aderans’s male customers (both domestic and international) slipped by 30%. Researchers at both the Daiwa Institute and Nomura Research – two key Japanese economic research institutes – conclude that there is "no sign of a recovery" for the toupée industry.[15] Sales for male wearers have continued to fall at Aderans in every year since.[16]

These numbers confirm the media consensus[15] that toupée use is in decline overall.

If I am left with a lot of lose skin in my stomach after losing another 15 lbs., I would consider cosmetic surgery to remove it. But I have also read skin takes up to 2 years to shrink, so who knows about how age really affects that.

Since I am in trading, I could say I am a master of the universe, but that draws the ire of the big guy who from time to time likes to teach humans lessons in humility. Or maybe it's just karma.
 Fleuron
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:27:53 PM

1. Would it bother you IF the said person was in denial about wearing a Toupee/wig?
2. How would you feel if in that moment of orgasm you ripped
their toupee/wig off?
3. Do you prefer the person you fancy to wear a toupee/wig or would you prefer 'a la natural'?

1. It would bother me if he was wearing one.

2. No orgasm would happen because I would never have sex with a man who was wearing a toupee. That’s craziness!

3. I wouldn’t fancy him if he was wearing fake hair. I like men who are comfortable and confident with themselves. I’m not particularly attracted to shaved heads, of course there are exceptions, but jeez don’t hide, that’s SO unattractive to me.

Two sided tape?

Funny! :)
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/18/2012 11:28:50 PM

I'm going to start work on a merkin. I'll need some ladies to volunteer to help out.

There once was a man hung like a gherkin
Which he tried to conceal with a merkin
The girls at the bar
Didn't have to probe far
And walked away from him smirkin'
 lighthouseseas
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/19/2012 12:09:01 AM
I don't think I've ever knowingly seen a man with a wig...does this mean Im really not that observant or it's just not what guys in my aea do? Where I live there are more men wearing those ugly ratty looking old baseball caps looking vaguely like they were scraped of a road somewhere. In fact I think I'd almost rather see a guy wearing a decent looking wig than one of those awful caps.
If I find a man atractive it's not usually because he has hair.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 7:01:08 AM
It will be a no toupee/wig for me when the time comes. I'll shave it all off.
 abmccray
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:09:05 AM
I feel bad for the guys that look really weird with bald heads. When my hair only SLIGHTLY started thinning, I just cut it all off; I can't imagine actually being balding and not having that option.
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:15:16 AM

kinda the same thing as a woman wearing hair extensions to me
...You need hair to wear extensions as they are clipped or glued on around the ear area of the head. They don't just plonk them on a bald head because there is no grip.
The guy's that say they would not date a woman who has false nails, hair colour, makeup and so forth need to start dating men.
These 'girly' thing's are what make's women different to men. How many men say they want to date a 'lady' or a woman who is feminine? All women are feminine some just like the natural look and other's want to be 'girly'.
I agree it is harder to pick a woman wearing a wig then it is a man wearing a wig because most women do not have the facial hair and sideburns which are a tell tale sign.
 barky bark
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:49:58 AM
I dated a woman that was almost completely bald - she always had a wig. I didn't bother me at all. She was wonderful but so self-conscious that it effected our relationship. I felt bad. I couldn't make her understand - I kept telling how beautiful she was.
 Fleuron
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/19/2012 10:11:16 AM

I dated a woman that was almost completely bald - she always had a wig. I didn't bother me at all. She was wonderful but so self-conscious that it effected our relationship. I felt bad. I couldn't make her understand - I kept telling how beautiful she was.

Showing a woman how beautiful she is to you is much better than words. A loving man can articulate his appreciation and desire for a woman in so many ways other than speaking. The way a man speaks to me is often more important than what he says.

Of course a woman (or man) could have deeper emotional issues than physical insecurity.
Overcoming that would likely require professional help, as well as a loving partner.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/19/2012 4:16:38 PM
As *they* wish. . . .

Here's a pair I think did okay with their toupees, lol!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_04kZGR_ltmE/Su0rEZQNODI/AAAAAAAAFAI/iu6DqM-On2I/s1600-h/Sean-Connery-Burt-Reynolds-James-Bond.jpg
 elednuw
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:27:22 PM
No toupe,they generally look fake and unreal.Just like fake boobs on a woman.They look fake.Be natural, you are who you are.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/21/2012 9:51:11 AM
If someone I already had developed feelings for, went and got a rug, Id snicker and likely tell him Im not a fan...and then tolerate it. Someone I dont know yet and it is obvious? Id likely pass.
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/20/2017 6:26:05 AM
or hair dye. I used to work with a married couple who together dyed their hair black, but I guess they got the cheap stuff, it was "Shoe paste black". on Friday they had grey hair, on Monday it was flat black. or the poor people like my best friend, who parts her hair in the middle so when the dye starts growing out, there's a row of "roots" across the top of her head. but hey, I went thru my hair issues, too, someone took a photo of me from behind at work and I saw how much I was losing in the back. went military short, my mother got the dementia and she thought I was her brother home from Korea so I had to keep it so she would recognize someone in the family, and when she passed I took it all off.

my boss at the time tried the plugs, left a halo on his head, so he can't try going bald. so he just buzzes it short, but he's married anyway. who cares what a married man looks like, lol :)
 five-marie
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2017 6:43:09 AM
I don't think anyone has issues with a "good" toupee, it's the one's you can spot a mile away that make us cringe. Makes everyone uncomfortable seeing how bad it looks and obviously the wearer has no idea we're all thinking "That looks terrible, just take it off".
There's an older gentleman customer where I work. Maybe late 60's. Takes a black marker? makeup pencil? to his face. Draws on stark black thick eyebrows, mustache and it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Apparently he used to also do sideburns and a beard. I can't even look at him for fear I'll stare.
One of my co workers asked him why he did this, he claimed women liked it.
Nothing wrong with improving your appearance but people need to be aware that some things actually make you look worse. Keeping everything as natural as possible is your best bet.
 cooldog65
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2017 11:34:50 AM
I absolutely refuse to ever wear a toupee. I do use Just for Men occasionally to take out some of the gray in my facial hair. It took a few tries to get the right color as it is a couple of shades darker than expected.

I do enjoy seeing the women getting their wigs snatched off on Springer. Some of the disguises on Undercover Boss look obviously bad.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > To Toupee/Wig or not to Toupee/Wig?