Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Debyduz_
Msg: 26
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Corolla is a good car. Older Toyotas are even more awesome. They go and and go. I have had 4 of them. 2 tercels a 4x4 and a rav. If it wasn't for the ex I bet they would all be alive. the 4x4 might be I traded that when the kids got too big. If any one has it could they please sell it back to me it is grey with lift kit 1993.
 forums1
Msg: 27
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?
Posted: 8/20/2012 4:51:01 PM
Other than you are *wayyyyy* too young for me OP, nope... your '91 Corolla wouldn't matter as long as my '95 4Runner with the rusted out back bumper and, yup, rust around the wheel wells, wasn't a problem for you. It gets me (and presumably yours gets you) from point A to point B, reliably... that's all that really matters to me. Heck, my '95 got me across country (6K miles round trip) the other year, with 180K on it (190+K now), and other than oil changes, brakes every so often, tune ups, one exhaust system in 17yrs (getting due for another I think), new starter at 185K or so... it really hasn't cost me all that much (yearly).
 grove_22
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/20/2012 8:11:33 PM
I don't care what a woman drives.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2012 10:20:27 PM
I have an old Classic rebuilt car. It runs very well. Men without cars and driver licenses, are a turn off. Men without a driver license and no car are not welcome. I want a man to drive his own car, if he is to take me out. A man should have and own his own car,if he wants take me out. A women's car should not matter to a man.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2012 11:14:03 PM
i like a subcompact model with oversize halogens, a tight gearbox and the top down.
 YAMACANMECRAZY
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/21/2012 1:03:49 PM
I would never judge a woman on her crappy car unless her crappy car was a result of a crappy life style. Let's say you spend all your money getting high (based on your profile) and therefore drive a crappy car. That would be a major red flag.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2012 1:43:25 PM
I hope this is sarcasm... but there's a big difference between expecting someone to be neatly presentable and well put together (ie not as slob), and expecting them to have a certain brand/year of car/shoes/clothes/watch/house.

Actually its not sarcasm at all.....

While I don't expect you to be wearing Prada and Gucci and drive around in a BMW, I do expect that you'll have a reliable, well running, newer car as well as own your own home or condo and be able to afford decent clothes, say, from Guess or Bebe......I don't think this is too much to ask.

I've been and continue to be successful in my career and therefore I want a mate who has been also somewhat successful as well. Having these kinds of things tells me that she has those qualities. At my age and looking at LTRs, I don't want to be the one to provide my mate with a huge lifestyle upgrade, either. I want someone that has a proven success record and can contribute somwhat when we combine lifestyles........

In the same breath, I don't want a lady that is too independent as I feel like I'm not needed in the relationship. I still am old school and love to pamper.

FWIW again, my current GF owns a newer mini-van, owns her own home, and has a great career with a well established company, yet I still take her out for dinner, go on vacations, and dress her up in sexy lingerie..........all on my dime. Funny thing is, she went from not having a cent and working part time at a card store when she separated from her ex, to a full time career and all the things above in a relatively short period of time. If I had met her earlier, I probably wouldn't have given her the time of day........LOL........
 Welsh474
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/21/2012 2:01:40 PM
You're 18, kids drive old beaters. If you drove a BMW or the like, I'd think you were a hooker or a drug dealer...or maybe had a rich daddy.

Who cares what you drive when you're 18. I don't care if a guy drives a pickup truck or a sedan. I hate minivans but that's just me. I'd not toss him out of bed for having a minivan (unless it came with a wife and 3 kids).

You have lot's of time for a nicer car, spend your money on your education as it's the best investment you have for the future.
 egowitch
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/21/2012 2:47:37 PM
If someone is judging me based on my CAR (whether it's fancy, or not), they are SO not for me !
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/21/2012 4:42:20 PM
What's a turn off and mind you rather funny, lol, is when men come on here and try to build themselves up in order to try and attract women, lol. MANY men (and women) have successful careers, nice cars, can afford fancy trips, nice clothes and own a home. Yawn, nope not impressed, lol, sorry. Try harder. Many of them are under 40, too. Just saying.

Some men have to flaunt material in order to get women and that is just really sad.
 OldSpice48
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/21/2012 5:03:11 PM
As long as there's room in the back seat to make out or have sex, then it doesn't matter if the car is crappy. I mean, look at the Smart car... not the cheapest car, but useless as far as making out in.
 ladyc4
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:29:16 PM

I mean, look at the Smart car... not the cheapest car, but useless as far as making out in.

Indeed-how dumb is that?
I don't know about "judging"- but I think most people tend to take some notice of things like vehicles, clothes, residential situation for informational purposes in deciding whether a person would be a good match.
I have 2 vehicles,one a 4x4 pickup that I use more for winter driving and business purposes, and a sedan that is a little easier on gas. LOL, it's not quite the "Sanford and Son" truck but that's a good point. Both are older vehicles, paid for, and they still have some of their paint and most of their wheels...
Cindy O
 jrf25
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:37:07 PM
If they care about you car, they want you to support them. I personally don't care cause it's not mine. Besides, when I tell them my monthly car payment for my summer car they can't say anything lol.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:09:52 PM
What is also a turn off is people who don't read carefully& don't get the point, lol.
Nobody was putting anyone down by any means for having a nice car, designer clothes,
nice home, fancy trips by any means. I personally have & enjoy all the same luxuries.

My point was simply that some people go into detail about it in order to impress the opposite sex and that is trying too hard.
My point was also that it's quite common for people to have those things.

Sorry you missed it, lol.
 threesinsofseven
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:20:51 PM
My sister was married to a used car salesman. This frumpy, disheveled guy came in and all the sales guys were pushing the other guys out to go help him figuring he was just a looker and they'd waste their time.

Turns out it was the guy from the "Ernest Goes to Camp" series. Bought two expensive cars.

Apparently this post isn't LONG enough to comprise a legitimate post so I'll just repeat what I said again in hopes of being able to hold a conversation here.

"My sister was married to a used car salesman. This frumpy, disheveled guy came in and all the sales guys were pushing the other guys out to go help him figuring he was just a looker and they'd waste their time.

Turns out it was the guy from the "Ernest Goes to Camp" series. Bought two expensive cars."
 afixerupper
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2012 10:01:01 PM
man, I gotta go clean out my car! ;)
 DiveBomber
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/21/2012 10:40:08 PM
Its not what you drive....its HOW you drive!!....if you're yapping on your cell phone, and generally not paying attention or speeding, etc.
Then that can be a dangerous thing.
I love beautiful woman who drives a beater....its a great contrasting character system that just flows very well!!
 Pinky127
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/22/2012 7:41:39 AM
Op,no one should judge anyone by the car they drive,but it seems some do.................*shrug*

*My* car is a heap but it goes like a bomb but my house is gawjusss...........so,ya never can tell.
 Worbug
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2012 12:54:17 PM
If any woman is told my a man he does not like her because of her car, Go look in the mirror and you will find the real reason.

I have never heard any guy I know have issues with a females car.

If you have a beater, don't be expexting me to stop on the side of the road to fix it, even if your so called HOT. Odds are, you where told to fix something on it, but you figure why, some guy will help when I need it.

My requirement is that you must have a car, and in good mechanical condtion and reliable. My reasons are that I do not want to be driving you all over the place in your day to day task nor do I care to be working on it all the time.

What is it with a lot of women using their care as a dumpster, I see it all the time, and when you mention it, that just laugh and say "I know".

A guy telling a woman he won't date you because of your car is the same as the LAME excuse woman use "I don't want to date you because i don't want to loose you as a friend"

Edit for below
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Dear Penthouse Forum, One day is was driving down the road and these 2 hotties were broke down, so I stopped to help and ........................................................... LO
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/22/2012 3:51:27 PM
I have an old car, no payments.
Everyone of the married women at work tell me I need to get a better car, that it's an eyesore.
Now mind you ALL of them do NOT pay the payments for their new cars,trucks,suv etc. Their HUSBANDS salary pays for them.
My car is ok. I got it myself. Its not new but at least Im not up to my eyeballs in debt. Most of them have huge debts (from their own mouths) and have a harder time with bills. But hey, they LOOK like they have money and afterall, isnt that the American way of life?
Im not way over my head in debt at all. It may not be new but its paid for and I am not worrying about my bills.

I dont really know a new car from an older car. Im talking within a few years of each other. I mean, I cant tell a 2009 car from a 2012 car. Sorry, Im not that smart. ;P
But the women I work with can tell the difference and say they would never be seen driving something like mine.
oh well. So, we dont hang out or go to lunch but Im ok with that. At least I know where I stand with them and I dont miss the friendships that might develop.
As for men? geez.. I never gave that any thought at all. Maybe I should?
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/22/2012 6:32:55 PM
;P

I'd think it was cute.

Of course; that's also likely chauvinist of me; but hey
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/22/2012 6:38:01 PM
only if he is shallow and dating you for your car.
 Randal5
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/23/2012 2:52:33 PM
I don't think most guys care about the car a woman drives, but certain cars can be conversation starters. I bought a used 2001 Jeep three years ago. I was amazed at the number of women that have walked up to me to comment on my stock Jeep.
 Law212
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/23/2012 3:08:08 PM
I'm gonna throw this out there. I dont care what kind of car a girl drives (unless its a stupid smart car) but if the car is rusting out all over, had garbage all over the floor and back seat and has dust all over the dashboard , then Im going to judge and it is a huge turn off.
 nitemonger
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/23/2012 3:15:32 PM
it's not a stupid question OP.

anyway, i don't care if the woman i'm interested in has a rusty old 90's car. maybe if she maintains it, and it's not loaded with garbage on the floor, but as long as the woman is good, and decent, and someone i find genuinely nice to be around, plus i'm attracted to her, then i don't care what car she drives.

it's not the car i'm interested in dating, it's the girl. ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?