Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Outsideofthebox1
Msg: 51
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
You just better have tools and the ability to work on it.... Other than that? who cares..
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 52
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?
Posted: 8/23/2012 3:39:13 PM
I like nicer cars, and dont like to drive beaters since I have children to transport safely, but I had the time of my life buying and fixing up a little Dodge Charger 2 years ago. It was kind of a beater but man, could it GO! I LOVED hauling around town in that thing, I had it purring like a kitten after I worked on it. The body was fiberglass and some drunk ass backed up into it and the front of it crumpled like cardboard. Still ran, but I didnt want it anymore after that and sold it.
The way it crumpled so easy made me scared to drive my kids in it anymore.

Seems sometimes men dont expect women to be into cars. I get a lot of me asking if my gorgeous Dakota (big nice truck) is mine, then either going "is that yours...nahhhhh"....or "REALLY???!!!!!!!!!".
 TRESemme1
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/23/2012 3:39:44 PM
i don't think it matters. i drive a 2012 nissan versa and i don't think that matters.
 Oh_WOW_What_A_Great_Guy
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/23/2012 3:08:08 PM
If material things were a measure of the quality of the person then the world would be full of bread down morons.. OH.. OK, right...
Actually a '91 Corolla is an awesome car, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one to customize it. I think it would be cool all decked out and hopped up. They were among the best Corolla's built, '89 to '92..

I've owned and driven many cars from my favorite, '71 Sport Fury formal HT to my '86 PowerRam 50 to Ferrari and many, many more.. My favorites are always the one of a kind and or beaters..
Like the beater 4x4 that got me to the top of that mountain in my profile picture.. :)
 DomG79
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/23/2012 10:22:38 PM
A woman with any kind of car is at least trying. If it is a newer car with a lot of dents, it might imply that the woman cannot drive, and that would be a bit of a problem. A lot of the women I know don't have cars, or have DUI's. I think it is more gender biased, as men are typically judged by the kind of vehicle they drive, not just by women, but by other men.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:18:22 AM
Toyotas are very good. I don't get a mismatched gas cup??? I thought there is only one.
Look, as many said before me, as long as it's clean, and in good running condition, and you don't expect me to keep fixing it, or have to pick you up every time, and alwasy use my car..I wouldn't care.
 amohsin8
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:22:02 AM
It definitely wouldn't matter to me, and I can say the same for most guys I know.
 tpb03
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 7:48:02 AM
Yes, any woman I date has to have a brand new car and a fat bank account....Just a little bit of sarcasm. Usually I think women care more about this kinda stuff than men. The reason most women are still single is either A) they aren't interested in having a relationship. Or B) their standards are too high. Now many would counter this by saying men are just as bad because the idealize the female image. Is that true of some men? sure. But you'd be surprised at how many men like a normal average looking woman. I find a "hot" woman has more of an inflated ego.
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/24/2012 4:24:14 PM
I don't care what you drive...maybe a little how clean inside it is or how you drive...but still minor stuff.
 greenfield101
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:37:09 PM

MissGorightry
Some fellas will judge you for what you drive around in but would you really want to date someone like that? They wouldn't just be judging you on your ride either, but on your whole lifestyle. I tend to drive around in mine for ages, whilst saving up, and then buy a new one in cash. Not brand new, about a year old. New flashy cars purchased on credit don't impress me one bit.

Good for you. Nothing's wrong with saving for other goals. I still drive 15 yrs old car with good engine, not because I cannot afford new one, but for now I want to use my cash for other purpose, like traveling around the globe.
 jblack2000
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:42:28 PM
As long as you keep your car clean

that's more important to me

I cringe when I see a car that's full of trash inside. Ugh!
 Lilbitofsugaandspice
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/24/2012 7:33:51 PM
Hey my crappy mini van is paid for. lol
 Padawan61
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:49:44 PM
From a mans standpoint, would you judge me if I pulled up for a first date in it? Or does it even matter?

If you're hot, the car doesn't matter. On the flip-side, driving a car hotter than yourself might mean the dude will love the car more than you. Do you really want that??
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:58:22 PM

Or does it even matter? This may be an incredibly stupid question but I want some opinions!

No, it doesn't matter at all. However, I don't now what type of guys you're attracted to.
 Blueberryeggos
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/24/2012 10:14:31 PM
Never even crossed my mind. Maybe changing the starter would be a good getting to know one another second date idea?
 annywn
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/25/2012 2:43:44 AM
At least its not a tricycle or something. I'm sure some do judge, but they probably still live in gammies basement.
 iMacgirl
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/25/2012 10:24:27 PM
Love this question....
 Wolfpath
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:30:32 PM
Hell no, I'd be a hypocrite.
I own a 1974 Dodge and a 1980 Harley.
The NEWEST thing I've ever willingly owned was a 1986 Dodge. I tossed it because it was junk.
I owned a 1990 Civic (thats how bad the 86 dodge was).
I think people who keep rebuying and re-leasing are financially blind.
Revolving debt/credit is silly.
 spacecakes112
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:36:39 PM
I got an old Corolla with 318,000 miles on it. Embrace it! That car will last forever. Men kind of make fun of me but in a loving way..."Awww look at you with your awesome car! How do you keep it going for so long? Lets take your POS" It's a rolla rolla rolla!
 Brandon2go
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/26/2012 10:06:06 PM
If you notice from all the post, men do not care about what a woman has. The only people that care whither you have a car or not or the shape of the car are women.
 HaydenFan
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/27/2012 1:22:42 AM
Had a 90 4 door corrola myself ;)

Current DD is my beat up old jeep with 253k on it. Rebuilt the engine/ tranny at 235 and every wearing mass in the last few years. Only thing left are the axel bearings and a new set of shocks :)

I've got other stuff but it's for me, not impressing others and taking on debt just for the egotistic vainity of driving something new lol. Hell my nice stuff is 35 years old.
 grove_22
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/27/2012 7:29:53 AM
I don't care what a woman drives. As long as it works.
 Maicolombia
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2012 1:09:17 PM
I do care about the car a girl drives, but thats only because I am in the car business and hobby. I dont care if she comes in a 1991 Corolla as long as is well kept and clean, but it would not be a deal breaker. Now if a girls shows up in a 1986 Toyota Corolla in perfect condition it would leave me speechless and you would get 10000 extra points. If you are really into cars you know what i am talking about. I am not shallow but for me it would be same if i came to a date wearing a dirty poncho to the date.

So not a deal breaker what car she drives, but if you came with something awesome you will get extra points,but just because that means our personality matches in that level.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/28/2012 6:42:23 PM
Why should that matter? Your car gets you around, so don't worry about it. It's much better than having a car payment! After bad luck with a 2000 Corolla that should have been recalled, as the oil turns to gunk & eventually the engine seizes, I now drive a large used mini van. I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm loving not having a car payment!
No one has the right to judge you by the car you drive. It's better to live within your means instead of having a car payment that keeps you so broke you're struggling to pay your other bills.
 Marcia_77
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:55:49 PM
Hell forget a crappy car. I don't even own a car..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?