Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 126
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
as long as there's enough room to bang you in the back seat..its kewl with me..lol..
 russell5417
Msg: 127
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?
Posted: 1/16/2013 8:34:28 AM
I love seeing an attractive woman driving an older beat up pick-up truck. That is cool!!
 ShadowschildA
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/16/2013 10:59:51 AM
Here is how it works for me:

No car = Dependant on others / incredibly cheap / poor.
Beater = most likely broke or close to it.
Older car = economic about their spending / takes care of thier stuff.
New flashy car = Doing good & wants the world to know.

I can understand if you live at the heart of downtown or public transport can get you around quickly.
But when it comes to doing stuff outside of town you need a car. Same thing if your married & have kids.
 LathaMath
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/16/2013 2:21:23 PM
I'd think she was a fine practical young woman who is not likely
to spend money she doesn't have just to feel good.
She would have to keep it clean inside and out and be a good driver.
I would be very impressed.
 rustyrusss1
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/16/2013 4:26:01 PM
A man is more concerned with your breast size than he is your car or your income.

Women are the ones who care about that stuff.

So to answer your question: no.
 Midwest_Southwest
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/17/2013 3:03:56 PM
I've met guys who give a damn. Seems odd to me too, but there you have it. I’ve had guys insist on walking me to my car and then recoil when they see it. It’s a clean, well cared for and not fancy 2003 2-seater that hasn’t had any problems, so I just can’t imagine why I would get rid of it. I really love my car. Anyway, the recoiling guys never contacted me again BUT my car is there for me every day. : D
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 3:10:56 PM
I don't mind women with crappy cars....but if they're livin in it, I gotz ta go.
 curviest
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 3:11:17 PM
How do you guys feel about women who have NO car --- like me?
 passion2pleaseaz
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/18/2013 2:57:29 AM
i will say this and i'm pretty safe saying it women with crappy cars are not hoes and don't have a sugar daddy.

LOL
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:13:52 AM

i will say this and i'm pretty safe saying it women with crappy cars are not hoes and don't have a sugar daddy.

Love this!
So true!

LOL..Where I live, it's all about the car you drive..what part of town you live in and what you wear. San Diego is pretty shallow.

In my opinion, the type of car someone drives doesn't matter, but the way they keep it is. Is it well maintained? Is it clean? (yep..once went to get in a friends car and almost sat in yesterdays lunch...it was sitting on the front passenger seat). That's the main point.

Although, people who drive Hummers and are NOT in the Military...I 'm wary of them.
 _shakti_
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/18/2013 9:16:37 AM
Hope not! Because my baby is in the shop for a whole month
 Wreckless212
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/18/2013 10:23:51 AM
What did you do that would take a shop that long to repair? Drive it into a train?
 _shakti_
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/18/2013 10:29:44 AM
I got into a car accident. The parts for my car take a while to get because of the make, and there was a lot of damage.

So I have to drive a crappy little Ford focus hatchback (my apologies to anyone who likes that sort of car lol) in the meantime.
 Wreckless212
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/18/2013 11:43:25 AM
Glad you're OK.

Sorry about the Focus......
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/18/2013 1:05:00 PM
Once many years ago I went to meet someone driving my 71 vw campmobile. I loved driving that car, It had gratefull dead stickers on the windows and painted green with yellow stripes. The meet went fine untill she saw my car she just couldn't get over that I would drive such a car. I had way too many cars and at one point I had 7 cars. The one I want again is a 79 MG midget first choice, Or a 74 porsche 914/4 second choice. I think some women just dont get the point of driving some of cars. Here in LA its more of how fancy the car is and many guys know how to play the fancy car card to get the women.
http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/84970,9761,0,0/photo.aspx
Not one of them is a chick magnet but so much fun to drive in the mountains with no top.
 Lucky...13
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/18/2013 2:28:22 PM

Or does it even matter?

OP, I saw your profile..... you're 18 years old. If your 81 and pull up with a crappy car instead of a Rolls or Bentley then it matters. Until then I don't think it mattered if you pulled up with a skateboard. You're very attractive. Thats more important than a means of transportation that gets you from point A to point B.
~Cheers
 Deltah3avy
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:10:22 PM
Lol the OP could pull up in horse and buggy and it probably wouldn't matter. In this case looks alone will give you a get out of jail free card.
 timetobemeagain61
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:17:06 PM
OP I would much rather meet a nice woman with a crappy car, than a nice car with a crappy woman.. :) If there is real attraction then I don't think material things matter.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/19/2013 3:41:15 PM
I couldn't care less of what the woman drives.

I think a woman with a crappy car would have more positives than negatives.

Showcases, she's not image obsessed, to the tune of putting herself 10's of thousands in debt, just to "save face" with a luxury car. Shows not only they live within their means, but are realistic to boot.

I'd be turned off about a woman who's a slob inside her car, however (if it's extreme, in that you can't even tell where the gas and brake pedals are, due to all the garbage lying around and have to go by feel).

But that would be more due to the fact that it showcases character traits of yours, that would be highly unattractive to me.
 jameslb_iv
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/20/2013 7:38:25 AM
I had run into a local woman around here a few weeks back. We had met before about a year ago and I remember her driving a Cadillac CTS. I mentioned it as we were talking and at that point, the tone of the conversation changed. She began to get very short and sternly stated she didn't have that car anymore, then lamented that I remembered that about her and it must have been all I cared about.... Then she got up and left. lol.

I actually began to feel bad for her, it was obviously a sore spot and I had the impression she didn't part willingly with the car. I only mentioned it because I work on cars for a living, specifically GM cars and mostly one drive train. My interest in what a woman drives really is nothing more than being curious about what it is I may have to work on in the future if a relationship develops. Lets face it, if you have a problem with your car, and your BF is a mechanic, you will probably see him first before you take it to shop and pay $100 just to have it looked at.

Personally, I don't really care about the car as a part of your social status... In that respect I truly don't care. But if you happen to drive a Chevy Malibu, or a Cadillac, I know my job will be a bit easier when that annoying light comes on in the instrument display.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/20/2013 8:35:05 AM
Obviously for her, her car was a status symbol. Ironically she drove a status symbol, sounds like she lost it, and was critical of you for remembering what she drove. Wonder what she would have said if you remember her driving a old Toyota Corolla?
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:13:09 AM
Funny you guys mention the woman and the Caddy. When I sold my S2000, it amazed me how many guys were disappointed. I've actually had emails from guys who couldn't remember my name, yet they remembered my car(s). LOL....I don't get upset though, I just tell them why I sold it. LOL
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/20/2013 10:13:53 AM
I had no problem handling it, I got sick of it breaking down all the time. It was a great little car.
 angellight2091
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 10:33:13 AM
At 18 years old I dont think it matters what kind of car you drive.. Your young and probably in school... I will admit that when you get older... Yes it does matter to a degree.. I can't speak for a man and I don't consider myself to be shallow or a gold digger...but I probably wouldnt date a guy who drove a rust bucket and pulled up with it sputtering and stalling.. He doesnt have to drive a bmw or a lexus but I would prefer to know he is a responsible adult with a decent job like myself..Im not interesting in supporting someone... If he cant even buy a $3000 halfway decent vehicle.. I would move on..But thats just me.. I'm a lot older than you...
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 150
Posted: 1/27/2013 6:20:52 AM
On the bright side of things, if the mood strikes your partner while you are driving around in your car, if its a cheap car or crappy car, you probably could careless whether they spit or swallow. However if an expensive luxury/sports car, the rule for me is you swallow, don't want any stains on my expensive leather seating or floor mats. If you don't, don't even go there. I'm a pratical guy (chuckling).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?