Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Glenoran1
Msg: 151
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Well, if your perception is cool car = accomplished woman versus crappy car = an underachiever ... think of the TV show 'Columbo' and his old beater. Sorry, couldn't resist (grin).
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?
Posted: 1/27/2013 10:59:46 AM
A pretty girl riding a bicycle is more attrative to most guys than a less pretty one driving a Corvette. A woman could be a top executive at a Fortune 500 company sitting with other executives at a dinner table and the males would all rather be sitting with the pretty waitress serving them.
 434handyman
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/27/2013 12:02:10 PM
I would rather see a woman in a crappy car with no car payment than one over her head in her limitations. Also, i am not dating the car!
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:09:31 PM
Don't be self conscience about it at all! The only thing that matters is that you have a car! It's better to have an older car then to be broke & buried in car payments you can't afford!
Ppl shouldn't be so judgemental, & if they are then that's red flag! Sometimes there is a reason ppl are driving older used cars. Maybe they are living within their means, can't afford the new car payments, live close to work & can't justify paying $400 a month to drive 10 miles a day. There are many different possible situations & reasons.
If someone is going to be that judgemental, then they are not worth your time, so don't worry about what they think.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:32:09 PM
True that Raven. My next car is a used car all the way cuz buying a new car is like paying a fricken loan.
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/31/2013 12:58:42 PM
Only if its unsafe to drive. Or there ain't any seatbelts, bad brakes, no window defoggers, burnt out headlights. List can go on.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 157
Posted: 2/1/2013 7:53:34 AM
Don't forget bullet holes.
 StrykinOut
Msg: 158
Posted: 2/1/2013 11:51:37 AM
Wouldn't bother me. I have several guitars that are worth more than either of my cars. My cars are safe, get decent mileage, and get me from point A to point B. Instead of spending my money trying to impress people whom I do not know I spend it on things that are important to me and mine.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 159
Posted: 2/1/2013 7:50:41 PM
Well I sure wish I still had my 1973 Porsche Carrera RS, its woth a fortune now.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 160
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:08:22 AM
Sorry folks, I make judgements on the type and condition of a car a woman drives. The same as what they wear. They same as their housing arrangement, neatness etc. Does that make me shallow?

Hmm, how about a little twist on the subject? From a different viewpoint?

How many woman reject a man just because of their profile pictures? Does that make them shallow?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 161
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:41:34 AM
I still drive my original beat up...'89 Ford 4x4....Bought it new...low mileage but beat to 'ell...rusted out..dented but I also know what work has been done to it.
It's mostly my farm truck but if it was snowing and I need to go somewhere...I drive it.
If it was on a meet and he judged me....who cares.

Seldom do I pay attention to what the guy is driving and if he keeps yakking about it...to me, shows he is either materalistic or he's trying to impress me.
Actually, I had one meet where the guy was an ex racer and on and on....he went,while my eyes glazed over.

I seriously am going to take a picture of my old truck and add it to my profile...lol.
Maybe one of my old tractor too...
Just like the guys do....showing off their rides....
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 162
Posted: 2/2/2013 10:23:11 AM

Seldom do I pay attention to what the guy is driving and if he keeps yakking about it...to me, shows he is either materalistic or he's trying to impress me.

I never, ever tell a woman that I find interesting in a conversation, what kind of car do I drive. Typically how they find out is when I pick them up on a date (not the first one either, typically 3rd or 4th) or if by chance they see me leaving after a meet.

Funny but true story. A woman sent me an email from one of the forums I belong too. She said she liked my view points, I seemed intelliggent, nice guy - all true I might add. Anyways we decide to meet for coffee, typical Starbucks kinda place coffe house. It was a gorgeous day, drove the Bentley with the top down. I did park it out of the way so you really couldnt see it. Went we met had a wonderfull cup of coffee etc. Was thinking love to see her again, we talked about it, she seemed agreeable etc. When time to pay the bill I was going to pay the full tab, but she wanted to split it, was kinda serious about it, if that what she wants, fine, I'm easy going, besides the split amount was about $5 bucks. So we left. I told her had to go to the john, so she left first. I went to the john & left.
Later on called her, she said I was a cheap jerk, for agreeing to split the check, which SHE suggested. Any she made a post on the forum, calling me a cheap jerk, that I agreed to split the check, yet he drive's a Bentley. So my guess is she hung around the parking lot to watch me exit or some such crap.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 1:46:55 PM

no !.. but cars with crappy women are .!
 Uszrnametaken
Msg: 164
Posted: 2/2/2013 2:03:15 PM
Not at all. I would just think that she has better things to do with her money rather than making payments on something brand new just to impress her piers .
 MrOogam
Msg: 165
Posted: 2/3/2013 2:55:21 PM
I think it can be a test sort of. I assure you the guy that really likes & accepts you for you , if he has an ounce of chilvary &/or mech. skills, will want to make sure your car is first & foremost safe, reliable, & presentable as much finances permit...it is what real men do for the woman he loves.. makes sure she is safe, & is not going to break down on the road, esp. some place dangerous, busy hwy, late at night, ect.......
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 166
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:24:21 PM
I've dated many a woman with a decent car but could car less how it looks. Consequently, if I really like her, I'll show up some day with all my care detail stuff, and really deatil her car? How good do I detail? Heck I use cotton swaps to clean the airvent slats. I can't stand a fine automobile negeleted.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 167
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:45:40 PM
Actually I lived in Columbus, Ohio in the early 80's, German Village specifically. For my townhouse, there was only on the street parking, so for the winter drove my car down to parent's in Florida. If you know Columbus and that area, its very easy not to need a car. Anyways during those winter months, if I met someone and mentioned I don't have a care, invariably the thought was ''he must have had a dui"
 David1niner
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 11:27:08 PM
This may sound odd. But, with the exception from my last girlfriend. Girls with crappy cars put out quick, in my experience.
True story.
But seriously, I could care less what a girls car looks like.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 169
Posted: 2/6/2013 9:14:28 AM
And some people say romance is dead! What a romantic and just plain sweet thing to do!
 pinkbat333
Msg: 170
Posted: 11/3/2013 10:15:04 AM
i have always drove crappy cars... filthy cars... and have never wanted for dates or relationships... if a guy judged u by that ... hes a crapper.... move on ;)
 sddude
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2013 5:12:04 PM
girl you are too young and beautiful to be worried about a crappy car. If it were me it would be all positive you and your car hehehe.

A guy will not notice your car or care, guys usually do not care about that, they are looking forward to the girl you are.

On the other hand generally women do car about a guys status and impression whether it is the car or not or if we have no car , for most guys a women even having no car is not an issue if he likes how her attributes are or if he likes her.

Women have not liked my jeep wrangler with the big tires, the mud on the fenders, the substantial trash in the back seat, some women have complained and it was not a deal breaker , other it was and accused me of being immature and having bad choices in cars for my professional status and they not wanting to be seeing deed in my jeep let alone being caught alive in it hahahaha.

Women with messed up cars are only asking for it, one GF had a severely damaged PT cruiser, I fixed her motor and did bodywork on it in my garage when ever I could, it is a car guy thing getting that massive itch and dedicating time for her as a gift to me ( the hobby work ) and for her love.

Even if a guy is not a car guy , she can be seen as the down to earth girl next door who is not stuck on the world pof perfect girl bling and being seen in a near perfect situation, I am more impressed with a girl with a junky car, shows she is not so status like some women are when they see mine.
a few had problems with me because my jeep had stiff suspension and big tires, it seemed it was below their status or the man staus they wanted him to have.
 cooldog65
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2013 3:43:29 AM

Not if she's hot...but a crappy woman in a fancy car can be though.
 sandytm
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/4/2013 6:19:51 AM
It's not a crappy car that's a turn off, but when the woman/man dumps money into it month after month b/c it keeps breaking down. I figured that out early on and have a 2007 Forester purchased in 11/07 (it was a used car). Purchased w/cash and haven't had any repairs not covered under original warranty, except for replacing the tires. I make sure the oil is changed, fluids are checked, tires rotated.
 King_of_Nuthin
Msg: 174
Posted: 11/5/2013 3:10:55 PM
The only turnoff I've had that was car related was when a girl asked me on our first date if it bothered me that she drove a nicer car than I did. She said a lot of guys have issues with her nice new car, similar to guys having issues when the woman they are with makes more money than them.
I chuckled and told her a Pontiac Grand Prix wasn't a nice car.
I don't pick my cars based on other people's opinions of them. Right now I drive a 98 Honda Civic, I'm thinking about selling it and using my tax return to buy a 1990 Acura Integra or possibly another 60's muscle car.
My car might look like a pile, but it's still one of my favorite cars made.

To answer the original question, I don't care what kind of car someone I'm dating drives or if she even has a car.
It does however bother me to see someone driving a car they don't like.

to the post above...
Sandy, I would rather spend a few hundred dollars every couple months to keep my car running than have a car payment and higher insurance payments.
 nyceguy85
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/5/2013 4:19:13 PM
Men are not like women when it comes to being shallow. It doesnt matter what you drive, how much your shoes cost or if you are wearing name brand clothes. 9 times out of 10 he chose to ask you out, therfore you hold all the cards and you can get away with things he cant because he is trying to win you over. You have already won him over,.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?