Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 167
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Actually I lived in Columbus, Ohio in the early 80's, German Village specifically. For my townhouse, there was only on the street parking, so for the winter drove my car down to parent's in Florida. If you know Columbus and that area, its very easy not to need a car. Anyways during those winter months, if I met someone and mentioned I don't have a care, invariably the thought was ''he must have had a dui"
 David1niner
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Are women with crappy cars a turn off?
Posted: 2/4/2013 11:27:08 PM
This may sound odd. But, with the exception from my last girlfriend. Girls with crappy cars put out quick, in my experience.
True story.
But seriously, I could care less what a girls car looks like.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 169
Posted: 2/6/2013 9:14:28 AM
And some people say romance is dead! What a romantic and just plain sweet thing to do!
 pinkbat333
Msg: 170
Posted: 11/3/2013 10:15:04 AM
i have always drove crappy cars... filthy cars... and have never wanted for dates or relationships... if a guy judged u by that ... hes a crapper.... move on ;)
 sddude
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2013 5:12:04 PM
girl you are too young and beautiful to be worried about a crappy car. If it were me it would be all positive you and your car hehehe.

A guy will not notice your car or care, guys usually do not care about that, they are looking forward to the girl you are.

On the other hand generally women do car about a guys status and impression whether it is the car or not or if we have no car , for most guys a women even having no car is not an issue if he likes how her attributes are or if he likes her.

Women have not liked my jeep wrangler with the big tires, the mud on the fenders, the substantial trash in the back seat, some women have complained and it was not a deal breaker , other it was and accused me of being immature and having bad choices in cars for my professional status and they not wanting to be seeing deed in my jeep let alone being caught alive in it hahahaha.

Women with messed up cars are only asking for it, one GF had a severely damaged PT cruiser, I fixed her motor and did bodywork on it in my garage when ever I could, it is a car guy thing getting that massive itch and dedicating time for her as a gift to me ( the hobby work ) and for her love.

Even if a guy is not a car guy , she can be seen as the down to earth girl next door who is not stuck on the world pof perfect girl bling and being seen in a near perfect situation, I am more impressed with a girl with a junky car, shows she is not so status like some women are when they see mine.
a few had problems with me because my jeep had stiff suspension and big tires, it seemed it was below their status or the man staus they wanted him to have.
 cooldog65
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2013 3:43:29 AM

Not if she's hot...but a crappy woman in a fancy car can be though.
 sandytm
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/4/2013 6:19:51 AM
It's not a crappy car that's a turn off, but when the woman/man dumps money into it month after month b/c it keeps breaking down. I figured that out early on and have a 2007 Forester purchased in 11/07 (it was a used car). Purchased w/cash and haven't had any repairs not covered under original warranty, except for replacing the tires. I make sure the oil is changed, fluids are checked, tires rotated.
 King_of_Nuthin
Msg: 174
Posted: 11/5/2013 3:10:55 PM
The only turnoff I've had that was car related was when a girl asked me on our first date if it bothered me that she drove a nicer car than I did. She said a lot of guys have issues with her nice new car, similar to guys having issues when the woman they are with makes more money than them.
I chuckled and told her a Pontiac Grand Prix wasn't a nice car.
I don't pick my cars based on other people's opinions of them. Right now I drive a 98 Honda Civic, I'm thinking about selling it and using my tax return to buy a 1990 Acura Integra or possibly another 60's muscle car.
My car might look like a pile, but it's still one of my favorite cars made.

To answer the original question, I don't care what kind of car someone I'm dating drives or if she even has a car.
It does however bother me to see someone driving a car they don't like.

to the post above...
Sandy, I would rather spend a few hundred dollars every couple months to keep my car running than have a car payment and higher insurance payments.
 nyceguy85
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/5/2013 4:19:13 PM
Men are not like women when it comes to being shallow. It doesnt matter what you drive, how much your shoes cost or if you are wearing name brand clothes. 9 times out of 10 he chose to ask you out, therfore you hold all the cards and you can get away with things he cant because he is trying to win you over. You have already won him over,.
 localRenoite12
Msg: 176
Posted: 11/5/2013 5:41:03 PM
I couldn't care less what a woman drives.
 Patrick45015
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2013 9:21:17 AM
I don't care about what a woman drives. I was dumped over one of my cars though. Not sure she knew I had others. Ran into her years later. She was living in a dive apartment but she did have a really nice car. I had my own house. Guess it all depends on what matters to you
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2013 10:13:00 AM
When I was 25 and saving for a condo I had this old Fiat that came from the salt belt with rust everywhere.
The door would come open driving down I 26, so I had to use a clothes hanger to keep it shut and get in the pass side.

I could see the road under my feet until I got huge floor mats to cover the holes in the floor.

It was AB SO LUTE LEE hilarious,the smoke out of the tail pipe would have people behind me using wipers.
It was a HID E YUS light blue,peeling mess with rust inside and out matchbox on wheels.

NO op, they don't care unless they need your money.

This may sound odd. But, with the exception from my last girlfriend. Girls with crappy cars put out quick, in my experience.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Are you gonna take me home tonight?
Oh, down beside that red firelight;
Are you gonna let it all hang out?
Crappy car girls,
You make the rockin' world go round.............Queen

Wait, it WAS crappy cars, right?
Please say it was.
 ladyc4
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/6/2013 10:19:11 AM
If it's got some of its' paint, most of its' wheels and gets you where you need to go without the aid of a wrecker, and you aren't making payments on it, who the hell cares what guys think?
Cindy O
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 180
Posted: 11/6/2013 10:23:09 AM

This may be an incredibly stupid question but I want some opinions!

You're very young OP , one day if you remember this topic that you started you will laugh and shake your head.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/7/2013 3:30:20 PM
If you didn't spend all your money from your retail job on weed, you'd probably have a nicer vehicle..
Seriously, why would you care? Youre only looking for people to hang out with. No one expects a 19yr old to drive BMW.
 MrRoboto27
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/7/2013 6:54:26 PM
I don't care as long as its not like making weird sounds then I have no issues at all with a women driving an older car.
 usmale6
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/7/2013 11:10:50 PM
The condition of their car is sometimes an indication of their home, and perhaps their life... (the age or mileage is unimportant... it's the condition, how well they take care of it and how clean it is) if their car is a mess, there's a good bet there will be a bigger mess in store for you down the road.
 Nomedsplease
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/8/2013 8:21:16 AM
yes that would turn me off if you wheled up to bar in a crappy car!! I would appreciate a woman pulling up in a AMERICAN car!!
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2013 9:49:58 AM
You can afford what you can afford...:)

For some people cars just arent as big of a priority as they are to others.
Function over form.
 sigungq
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2013 8:32:40 PM
Personally I don't care what kind of car a woman drives. As long as she's not married, not a drug addict, and not an alcoholic. If she's into me, then I'm a go.
 chill78
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/10/2013 8:46:23 AM
No. I don't care what they drive. As long the car is able to make it from point A to B and back to A.
 ccourier51
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2013 11:04:48 AM
I would not mind. As long as her car is kept up and clean. I own a 96, Avalon. With over 221,000 miles on it. When it needs repairs. If I know how to do it I do right away. If not I take it to my repair shop.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/22/2013 3:58:48 PM

On the other hand, are women with cool cars a turn on?

Depends on the definition of 'cool cars' of course, but if you see a woman of whatever age flying by in a convertible, top down, or in the Ford Mustang of your dreams, or a Beemer or Corvette or whatever type of wheels turns you on, do you get turned on by her, even if you're just a blur in her rear view mirror?
 aanarchist
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/23/2013 11:23:13 AM
Imo a woman with a crappy car is a sign that she has work ethic in my age demographic. She worked for her own rather than sponging off of daddy or a sugar daddy.
 GreenSparty117
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/10/2013 12:31:12 AM
Not really. Usually, it's the other way around. A lot of stuck up and materialistic girls judge a guy based on his car. Therefore, only a stuck up and materialistic guy would judge you based on your car.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are women with crappy cars a turn off?