Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Religion and sex....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Outsideofthebox1
Msg: 79
Religion and sex....Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
When you follow the path given to you by religion, you no longer own your own consciousness, you are no longer considered a sovereign human being. Having it all laid out for you makes it easy right? Sure, you follow the rules, you dont have to make your own decisions based on your own judgments, you were told what to do, you dont treat people well and nice because thats how you feel, you were told to do it, and you dont hold off from having sex because you truely feel its whats right for you, you do it because you were told to. Over and over until you were conditioned to live that way believing its right for you. But all along you never made that decision, you live this way through fear and guilt. Now, remove yourself from it all, the rules, the church, all of it.... the identity given to you by the church... shed it all .... who are you? Ill tell you what you'll no longer be... a robot programmed from birth.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:51:20 PM

Try what? Faith? I have plenty of faith, but I don't follow dogma

Will you marry me??

I keep my faith well away from my sex.

I also have no interest in someone else telling me I'm not living my life right. That will earn ya a big F*CK YOU. If you aren't directly involved in my life, aren't sleeping in my bed.. then you don't get the right to tell me how I should be living my life. My choices are mine. I won't try and convince someone who has different ideas about how to life their life that they should be living it like I am.

Funny enough I find most "Christians" to be less than Christian.
 _shakti_
Msg: 81
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/8/2012 9:09:45 PM
Outsideofthebox:
When you follow the path given to you by religion, you no longer own your own consciousness, you are no longer considered a sovereign human being. Having it all laid out for you makes it easy right? Sure, you follow the rules, you dont have to make your own decisions based on your own judgments, you were told what to do, you dont treat people well and nice because thats how you feel, you were told to do it, and you dont hold off from having sex because you truely feel its whats right for you, you do it because you were told to. Over and over until you were conditioned to live that way believing its right for you. But all along you never made that decision, you live this way through fear and guilt. Now, remove yourself from it all, the rules, the church, all of it.... the identity given to you by the church... shed it all .... who are you? Ill tell you what you'll no longer be... a robot programmed from birth.
That's fricken hot.
 sazzygirl20
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/8/2012 9:55:52 PM
Hi,
Ithink the better option for any serious christain who truelly served God By His word ,should abstain frome sex still marriage .Sex to God,s point of view is holy ,so having sex before marriage is sin ,fonication and grieving God,s Holy spirit.No one is strong to resist temptation alone but a true christain does not work alone,His main purpose is pleasing God.So as ccritain who knows God word will try as much as possible to prevent occasion that will lead you having sex before marriage,so smart christain date smart.The best option for every one even for the non christain is to abstain from sex still marriage if you wanna behappy.Patient is a virtue,The patient Dog eats the fastedt bone and God always have a way of rewarding his elect.Cheer.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 83
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 2:34:55 AM

Having been restricted from posting about something religious in the past in a disagreeing way that wasn't even directed at anyone personally,I didn't have the guts to post what you just did,so thank you for laying it out with some balls.This was the best I could do in this environment.I knew I liked your posts for a reason!

All due respect,I truly feel sorry for you.You have been so brainwashed by your cult all you think isn't even your own original thoughts or feelings it's just regurgitated bible rules.
 deerdog1
Msg: 84
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:52:49 AM
I really have no religion.. there is no religion that I agree with enough to be a member .. not one that I have found yet ..I believe that most of what all religions preach was inspired by man and the desire of man to have power over other men .. I believe that said religions have done way to much harm to humanity ...If I were to be a member of a religion they would not have a big church building .. I would require that at least 90% of their resources were used for helping the least among us ..kinda like the real Jesus taught ..said religion would have to follow one cardinal text from the Bible that I put a lot of stock in ..JUDGE NOT...

This said ...I am not an atheist .. seeing the wonders around me .. a part deep in me believes that everything didnt just happen by chance .. that there is a master plan ..or God as you may have it .. but logic tells me that said God is not so immature that every thing has to be about him ... I think that the benefit from praying to or reverencing said God is for us ..I believe that the Bible was inspired by men that were wise and true in their endeavors..and all of the rules and parodies in the bible had a place in the development of mankind ..i also believe that most of them have been used and twisted and perverted as well as translated ... for selfish means by very ungodly people .. I do believe in the spirit of the bible ...i just dont believe that any one is capable of forming a religion without selfish intentions

for me i believe that the only sin is doing intentional harm to another person without cause God dont need rules ..people need rules ..its just everyone wants to pick the rules for other people not themselves ..I wont argue religion with you ..i wont argue God with you my God is in me and I have no religion

religion or lack of same does not enter into my sex life ..or lack of same lol

one last observation from a person who has no dog in this race ..in arguing against religion I see the same judging and intolerance perpetrated by the non-believers as is being complained about by same ...I really think that atheism has become a religion
 Outsideofthebox1
Msg: 85
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 8:39:28 AM
The biggest problem is though, religious people rarely question it, as a human being you HAVE to question everything! if you don't you're not even living your own life. You're just wandering around guided by a set of rules laid out for you. And you accept them? Taught to you by some guy dressing the part, whether its a parent or a pastor or a priest. You just say 0o0o0o0o0o0 ok... and walk around believing its all true? right? and thats the only way to live your life? No matter how conflicting it all is? As bad as it may sound, when you do that? You might not even become the real person you were meant to be because of the path you're put on and the rewire that happens.
Back to the original content, sex and religion.. yeah we know religion teaches no sex before, outside and some no sex after divorce. Now, a lot of the leaders in many organizations never follow that rule, to the point of having sex with kids, Mostly known , the Catholic Church.. They hide the priests, pay people off, and move all kinds of people around to hide it. They dont try to stop it. Now, religious followers , lets say Catholics, who follow and preach about no sex before marriage, its dirty, its a sin, you'll spend eternity in hell.... Every Sunday or any other day you go to church and drop money in that plate, mail it in, or do fund raisers? YOU are supporting and enabling that very organization that rules your life and consciousness.... to continue to harm kids and rape them... YOU are keeping them in business and you dont even realize it.. Yet you follow to the T....the rules they told you to follow... Its insanity , the blindness and the depth of conditioning....
 no_1_bby
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:15:14 PM

The best option for every one even for the non christain is to abstain from sex still marriage if you wanna behappy.

What you have to understand is that not everyone is going to think or believe the same things you do, and should not be forced to think or believe the same things you do. This is the thing I dislike the most about the majority of the more vocal "Christians". You are trying to indoctrinate everyone to your way of living life.

Guess what? I'm happy. I'm having sex. I'm also not married. I don't expect you to understand or approve of how I live my life. I won't force my lifestyle on you. Please stop forcing yours on the rest of us that don't think or believe like you do.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 87
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:22:46 PM
The best option for "everyone" is to enjoy thier lives,live them to the fullest,stop banking on some invisible man in the sky to punish you for any little thing in the "afterlife" and realize that "sin" is just man's a way of trying to control the masses.So typical of manipulative human's in power to use fear mongering as a mean's to do just that!

God didn't create man...man created god.

Guess what? I'm happy. I'm having sex. I'm also not married. I don't expect you to understand or approve of how I live my life. I won't force my lifestyle on you. Please stop forcing yours on the rest of us that don't think or believe like you do.

Ditto! See you in "hail" darlin'.
 Inicia
Msg: 88
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:24:18 PM
Religion and Sex.. hmmm. You know so many people find "true religion": after they have sowed all their oats. For myself I proscribe to no organized religion and find it does not interfere with the expression of my sexuality. Maybe when I have made the conversion to an organized religion I will regret everything I have experienced in my heathenism. But for some reason I don't think so...
 HeartOn64
Msg: 89
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:32:48 PM

Maybe when I have made the conversion to an organized religion I will regret everything I have experienced in my heathenism. But for some reason I don't think so...

Oh yeah....another one of those useless guilt trips and terms thanks to religion.

Heathen:
an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible;
a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; pagan.
an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.

'Uncivilized and uncultured" because one doesn't believe in a god?
Wow...talk about breaking the rules of judging others.

Tsk tsk....
 deerdog1
Msg: 90
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:53:39 PM
^^^^^^

'Uncivilized and uncultured" because one doesn't believe in a god?
Wow...talk about breaking the rules of judging others.

heart ...maybe you was just criticizing the term heathen and not the poster above you .. but the way i read her post she was calling herself heathen ..(.all be it ..tongue in cheek)..not judging anyone else ...I have no problem with people judging themselves ..i really think the world would be a tad bit better off if people would judge themselves half as much as they judge others ..or even using the same measure

Ditto! See you in "hail" darlin'
i hope that hail is not very large ..i was caught in golf ball size hail and i got the hell knocked out of me

VVVV...Oh God that explains a lot ..oh well ill just have to get me a dog and cane
 Inicia
Msg: 91
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:58:29 PM
I don't want to hijack or get off topic but yeah it was a joke about myself being judged as a heathen because I don't proscribe to organized religion and my "heathenism" being a reason for regret when I am finally converted to the "light" LOL...
 HeartOn64
Msg: 92
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 4:13:37 PM

heart ...maybe you was just criticizing the term heathen and not the poster above you .. but the way i read her post she was calling herself heathen ..(.all be it ..tongue in cheek)..not judging anyone else ...I have no problem with people judging themselves ..i really think the world would be a tad bit better off if people would judge themselves half as much as they judge others ..or even using the same measure

I don't want to hijack or get off topic but yeah it was a joke about myself being judged as a heathen because I don't proscribe to organized religion and my "heathenism" being a reason for regret when I am finally converted to the "light" LOL

Ok peeps relax.I know it was a joke and I know no one was being judged I was actually refering to the fact that Xtian's aren't supposed to judge anyone,yet their wording does just that by saying that anyone who doesn't believe what they believe is a heathen or "uncivilized".

That's just hypocritical.But what else is new?

Religion and sex should be no less separated than church and state.imo
 Fleuron
Msg: 93
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:40:03 PM

Was told I would be blind.......and I should be lol..........

Yeah, my eyeballs should have exploded out of my head by now.
 m8t
Msg: 94
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/9/2012 6:48:55 PM
My level of morality, the well being of my soul, nor the way I choose to define spirituality,
has little to do with my physical desire to fvck the shyt out of a man.
When we judge another are we not condemning ourselves,
because we do many of the same things?
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 95
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/10/2012 12:12:37 AM
So far I am hanging in there but...there is something in the air lately. I am thinking about giving my morals a break.

Now actually taking action...hmmmm we will see.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 96
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/10/2012 4:29:24 AM

My level of morality, the well being of my soul, nor the way I choose to define spirituality,
has little to do with my physical desire to fvck the shyt out of a man.

Ahahaha.....nice!

So far I am hanging in there but...there is something in the air lately. I am thinking about giving my morals a break.Now actually taking action...hmmmm we will see.

Considering your very vocal recrimination of those who don't wait until marriage to have sex,and your resolve to WAIT no matter what,I don't see how you can justify "giving your morals a break".

Thankfully,in my world,there is little correlation between sexuality and a rigid,guilt ridden morality.

Sex is natural,yet the church places such emphasis on "purity",it's no wonder women are so repressed and oppressed.

No irony in the fact that there is no way to even tell if a man is "pure" before marriage thanks to not having a broken hymen as proof.

I wanted to add as off topic as it may be,there thanks to religious practices and "morality" based countries this is what happens to young women in the name of preserving her until marriage.

http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/index.php?topic=1671.0;wap2

Infibulation (a.k.a. Pharaonic circumcision) which is a clitoridectomy followed by sewing up of the vulva. A small opening is left to allow urine and menstrual blood to pass. A second operation is done later in life to reverse some of the damage. In some cultures, the woman is cut open by her husband on their wedding night with a double edged dagger. She may be sewn up again if her husband leaves on a long trip.

The justification for the operation appears to be largely grounded in a desire to terminate or reduce feelings of sexual arousal in women so that they will be much less likely to engage in pre-marital intercourse or adultery. The clitoris holds a massive number of nerve endings, and generates feelings of sexual arousal when stimulated.
Uncircumcised women in countries where FGM is normally performed have difficulty finding a marriage partner. Men typically prefer a circumcised wife because they are considered more likely to be faithful

The clitoris is dangerous and must be removed for health reasons. Some believe that it is a poisonous organ, which can cause a man to sicken or die if contacted by a man's penis. Others believe that men can become impotent by contacting a clitoris, or that a baby will be hydrocephalic (born with excess cranial fluid) if its head contacts the clitoris during birth. Some believe that the milk of the mother will become poisonous if her clitoris touches the baby during childbirth.

Bad genital odors can only be eliminated by removing the clitoris and labia minora.
FGM prevents vaginal cancer.

An unmodified clitoris can lead to masturbation or lesbianism.

FGM prevents nervousness from developing in girls and women.

FGM prevents the face from turning yellow.

FGM makes a woman's face more beautiful.

If FGM is not done, older men may not be able to match their wives' sex drive and may have to resort to illegal stimulating drugs.

An intact clitoris generates sexual arousal in women which can cause neuroses if repressed.

These claims appear to have little support outside of countries where FGM is common.

The fear of AIDS has been used by both sides of this issue.

PURE AND UTTER RELIGIOUSLY BASED CULTURAL BULLSH*T!

DAMN GLAD to not have been born in a relgious Africa as a female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Waelsleaht
Msg: 97
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/10/2012 4:44:00 AM
I lost my verging try at 24. And it was a black and white thing to wait until marriage. I said no manny times. Do I sometimes regret it. Of corse. But do I really regret it in the long run? No. Religion aside it's not something I can see myself doing with just anyone. It's more special than anything ells and for me carries far more meaning that "just sex".
 Oncetwice57
Msg: 98
Religion and sex....
Posted: 10/10/2012 5:41:02 AM
In my opinion..religion is a belief....if it promps you to wait then so be it...but in these times........chemistry is a good thing and knowing how your future partner acts sexually would be good also...two sided coin....and a personal preference....lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Religion and sex....