Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What you've learned about online dating after 90 days...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rec_diver
Msg: 26
What you've learned about online dating after 90 days...Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

aussiesealady: Talking on the phone with someone for 5 hours does not mean he will turn up to a meeting.

5 HOURS???

I wouldn't talk that long on the phone with a woman I knew well, let alone someone I haven't even met yet.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 27
What you've learned about online dating after 90 days...
Posted: 8/22/2012 3:58:20 PM
MSG 36.... I usually only laugh at my own absurd attempts at humor....but you nailed a few in your post 'laughing"...

So what have I learned: You want to believe in what you see! But seeing is believing.....and most times it sure isn't pretty....

I also noticed that some people will not post at the bottom of a thread....but wait until its a new page....I know I have too much time on my hands....or I'm just very observant...
 rec_diver
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:01:39 PM

leagueofextraordinarymen : I also noticed that some people will not post at the bottom of a thread....but wait until its a new page....I know I have too much time on my hands....or I'm just very observant...

Or you have a very active imagination.

I can't even begin to think where you came up with that crazy notion.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:07:55 PM
I'm only half genius....but I have somewhat of a photographic memory....and believe me it hurts to remember (to recall) so much....crap..."laughing"
 rec_diver
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:20:01 PM
I'm using up two of my 5 post per day limit responding to you dude, so be honored.

How could you possibly know that someone "waited to post" so their post wouldn't be at the bottom of a page, photographic memory and half genius not withstanding?
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:26:41 PM
There is only so much"memory"(keep it simple) bandwith per page....I have a habit of counting(again memory) ....its a gift at times and over the years on here you notice (I notice) peoples patterns...its a hard thing to grasp and would take forever to try and explain .... for sake of berevity....some people will post in the first fewbrackets and not post again until the next page...like I said...it hurts at times "laughing"
 m8t
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:31:41 PM
1. Most men Ive met have older pictures on their profiles (by three to five years or more...)
2. Guys that say they work out usually have dusty home equipment and no gym membership.
3. In southern Americana men get offended when a female tries to pay for her half of anything.
4. Nothing like pics of mechanical toys; they really impress us dont ya know.
5. Do not respond to messages with a thanks but no thanks. No response ensures you get left alone.
6. Most men dont read our profiles, while most women do.
7. The poetry forums are a fun place to post and meet members from. We are always nice to posters in there.
8. I find that guys that are interested when I am not think Im stuck up. It cant be anything else...
9. Some members say they want to meet until you actually try to get them to.
10. This site is actually a fun place to meet people when members are being honest :)
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/22/2012 6:14:37 PM
So my point being about online dating and in ref to my last posts...don't believe everything thing you hear(or read)...I can't believe that guy bought all that crap...but that was one of my points...
I also seen he had left some very rude remarks but that post was deleted...

I have also learned that you have to act very quick... or she will disappear.....re appear, disappear, re appear...
 Random_geek_01
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/22/2012 6:20:37 PM
kitten I think your enter key is broken
or maybe your period key is causing returns
maybe it's time for a new keyboard :)
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/22/2012 7:09:57 PM
OP....I think you are my soul mate....
Could NOT agree more....now....wanna go out with me? :) Long term? Hang out? nothing serious or....actively looking for a relationship? let me know. btw....I golf. just sayin' jf21 :)
 singing_dj
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/23/2012 5:56:54 PM
Hi Kitten!.....you make a lot of sense.....you are my kind of girl!
 authenticoutlook
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/23/2012 7:26:04 PM
All I've learned is that It's very boring.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/23/2012 8:13:01 PM
haveakitten: again, all about the pics huh? seriously why should someone have to get pics done professionally just to attract someone online? ive seen the difference between a woman in her "pro pics" and her in real life, its a let down. if someone doesnt like your real, pics, they wont like you on your real days.
 aussiesealady
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/24/2012 12:01:56 AM
Additions:

I have learned that the main photo is the most important thing. Everything else is secondary.

There are magical light globes that remove wrinkles.

Very few people are literate.

Men do and say things on line that they would never do in person.

Yes 5 hour phone conversations and then being stood up is possible. (Actually stood up 3 times in the one week. He had what seemed like good excuses so got the benefit of the doubt for the first 2)

Being polite and answering all messages just causes me grief. So I have become one of the rude no response people.

You can get into trouble from the moderators for the strangest things.
 m8t
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/24/2012 5:18:39 AM
I have learned I like to disappear, reappear, and disappear again. I should call myself Houdini's meow :)
New profiles get me lots more dates; I do believe that is the point of being on this site.
I certainly will not find the right one for me typing random nonsense in the forums.
Thats just an added time killer for entertainment while flirting.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/24/2012 12:30:47 PM
Not getting an erection is guaranteed to not get a 2nd date.
 92Gguy
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/24/2012 2:13:28 PM
I've learned that most women love douschebags and that many on this site are dumb and insecure. At the same time, it is highly entertaining and at times annoying to read the responses of these types of women on the forums. Some people need to either grow up and get a clue.
 mizeat
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/24/2012 4:52:12 PM
Who needs 90 days?

Posters who are lifers on the forums are even crazier,more desperate, and completely clueless rather than the people on the main site who are going out, having one night stand after the next "dating" on their quest to find the "one" to "complete" the mess they are.

People are using this free dating site for one night stands till they find their "one" in real life or on here. Don't get it confused.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/24/2012 8:26:57 PM
Sorry you wasted your money on an upgrade buddy. Makes no difference. You are not telling us anything we dont already know by the way. It goes for both genders. It is a freebie dating site so what do you expect? Once again those with it all going on are out there having dates and dont have to trawl sites like these. Get it??
 Southernnites2012
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/24/2012 11:10:41 PM
ok, this is the best list ever......thanks for putting into words what I was thinking......lol!
 mizeat
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/24/2012 11:23:16 PM
I get more replies to my messages when I wear tight jeans and a banana stuffed down the front for some strange reason..
 Blueberryeggos
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/25/2012 11:05:39 AM
90 days? Thats a warmup period for most people on here
 TantricJedi
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/25/2012 5:58:56 PM
How did you discover the man's real salary without sleeping with them? Did he drive up in a used Pinto?
 realk3000
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/25/2012 7:06:14 PM
What I've learned so far:

1. People put too much emotional value in the online dating scene.
2. It is WAY easier to find someone IRL than online.
3. Online makes people brave, therefore developing the opportunity for liars/cheaters and douchebags.
4. If you take yourself and others too seriously, it will make you feel like crap, this should be a "backup" or "secondary" source for meeting your special someone.
5. The forums are far more entertaining than anything else on this site :)
 brisco414
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/25/2012 9:31:52 PM
5. The forums are far more entertaining than anything else on this site :)

Yeah ^^^^^^ Totally agree with this.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What you've learned about online dating after 90 days...