Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What you've learned about online dating after 90 days...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 76
What you've learned about online dating after 90 days...Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Snglenarlington: I would never hit a man....so no you did not just get hit....but I know what you mean ;P

I have been off/on PoF since Oct 2012....and I still see some of the guys I went out from Match on this site....and with the same profile photo and their photos were several years old to begin with.....go figure :) The way I look at it, many of us come back here, still trying to find our compatible partner to ultimately close down our profile for good. And, then, there are those who act like they do but really....don't.
 sigungq
Msg: 77
view profile
History
What you've learned about online dating after 90 days...
Posted: 12/16/2013 2:50:43 PM
Ms. Harmony,

You may not hit me, but you are ALWAYS welcome to "hit on" me....... ;-)
 OceansideSmile
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/25/2013 10:13:50 AM
LOL at number 1

High five for number 2. Glad you did not go out like a sucker on that one!

These are so true though!

The ones who say I don't want an fwb or one night stand usually mean they want to have sex ASAP.

drivingharmony2: Agrees with what you said. Thinks sometimes with profiles of both genders why not update their photos.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/28/2013 2:50:30 PM
That I'm not interested in about 40% of the women on here, 40% of the women on here are not interested in me, and 20% are crazy.
 spanishtown1
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/28/2013 6:36:47 PM
I have had a good laugh tonight and now realize others have had the same experiences as me.
I went to the doctor to get my height measurement redone as I thought I grew in height. Men dont have a clue how tall they are.
My pet peeve is I cannot mention the fact that I teach yoga.....the comments I get are so odd. Does a yoga teacher mean I am a crazy sex goddness?
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/28/2013 6:51:45 PM
^^^^^I can see why you cannot mention the yoga factor.....it means you are very limber, in a contortionistic way. I did confirm contortionistic is a word as I was not sure. In my opinion......deep down, being a sex goddess would not be a bad thing....but I can understand why you don't put it in a profile. I'm thinking....New Years Resolution.....take up yoga....
 spanishtown1
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/29/2013 10:42:07 AM
lol..... I dont really want to talk about sex the first time I email someone.. Yoga is a great thing to do in the new year
 Herooftheday
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/29/2013 4:28:11 PM
I have learned that I am just a face/and profile in a very large pool and the women will always think that she might find somenone better than me on the next click!
 ohenryx
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2014 2:26:49 PM

Does a yoga teacher mean I am a crazy sex goddness?

Why, yes, it does, actually. Now when can I meet you?

I have learned that I am just a face/and profile in a very large pool and the women will always think that she might find someone better than me on the next click!

The problem with the above statement is that she probably WILL find someone better than me on the next click! Of course, the problem is that the “better man” probably won’t respond to her, just like she didn’t respond to me. Everyone wants to “date up”, no one is willing to settle for their equal.
 OddTerraceDude
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/2/2014 7:35:34 PM
There's no Chemistry is a woman's way of saying your ugly or creepy.
Women seem to view profiles at roughly the same rate men send messages.
Women seem to cold view profiles of men mostly out of there league.
Men seem to cold message women that are mostly out of there league.
If a beautiful woman viewed your profile it was a miss click.
If a normal looking woman wants to meet you she clicked maybe and doesn't know it's the same as yes.
If your conversation with a woman has disappeared it means your blocked, don't drink and text next time.
If you get a reply message that's very short and doesn't ask a question back they are just being polite.
If a woman pursues men and messages them first she can do shockingly well here.
If a man "slums" you are playing with a whole different kind of crazy, pof crazy, be very afraid.
Women want guys younger than themselves these days too.
40 really is the new 30.
Beach ball shaped apparently means average or athletic.
Ya the baseball hat trick, very true sadly.
Lie about your height since women automatically subtract 2 or 3 inches from your profile anyways.
If an attractive sane financially secure woman appears online she will be gone in one week tops.
If she isn't that sane she will be back in three months.
You, me, we, us, know exactly what's wrong with ourselves to still be here after 90 days and yet we love staying here to be constantly reminded.
Life isn't fair nor is it like chocolates.
 activemelaney
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2014 8:15:53 AM
^^^^

You forgot one....negative whiny men are a turn off.

I was just googling some studies. There are now 11 million Americans who have met their partner via on-line dating. That's 5 and a half million men. Perhaps you should concentrate on what they did right rather than wallowing in what is wrong.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/3/2014 11:20:21 AM

There are now 11 million Americans who have met their partner via on-line dating. That's 5 and a half million men. Perhaps you should concentrate on what they did right rather than wallowing in what is wrong.

They managed to reach 6 feet in height?

From the US Census Bureau 2010 Statistical Yearbook:

How many adults are there in the U.S.?

If you want to be conservative and say roughly 100 million men, and an estimated 14-15% of US men are 6 feet tall and over (according to Ask.com), that's 14-15 million men, which covers a lot of those 5 and 1/2 million online guys, since so many women's profiles specify "tall" and/or "must be at least 6 feet tall".
 localRenoite12
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/3/2014 1:56:41 PM
I learned it doesn't work if you're a guy in your 20's...
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/3/2014 2:01:10 PM
Try being almost sixty! Fvck I'm older than some fossils, lmfao.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/3/2014 2:37:33 PM
For some reason, I'm no longer able to message anyone, and the b*astards won't tell me why. POF is no good to me if I can't message. I also can't start a new thread in Testimonials. Markus, you stink.

Good bye
 EnigmaticDalton
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/4/2014 1:17:29 AM

I learned it doesn't work if you're a guy in your 20's...

I think that's cuz we live in reno...

When I was in LA getting a date was WAY easier.
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/4/2014 4:07:42 AM

^^^^^But remember, when you see a woman on this site from long ago, that means you are here too. :) And, it could possibly be, the same women you saw before "your couple of years relationship" were in similar situations as you but the duration was shorter. I have no doubt there are men and women who claim they want a relationship but continue to window shop and live in some sort of make believe online dating wonderland. But, you what, that's their prerogative as it is up to us to weed through that stuff and ultimately find someone compatible for us to get off this site, for good.

Sure, that's their prerogative, but when you start seeing them up date their headlines with "Get me off this site!" or "I'm giving this another shot!" , and even better, when they are giving men in their area a "going...going...gone!" announcement, meaning they are getting ready to delete their profile in a week, so you'd best email them ASAP because they're sick of being on this site.

Sometimes their profile turn into blogs reciting their frustrations of online dating the past year or so they've been on here. LOL
 ladyc4
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/4/2014 10:27:02 AM
90 days? I think I may have been here 90 yrs...
what I've learned ?
"if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. "
Nietzsche
Cindy O
 DivineBovine
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2014 2:54:21 PM

...so many women have signed up to actually wanting a relationship but quickly become addicted to the attention...

WHAT attention???

that only applies to the young, the thin, and the beautiful.

the rest of us are here for years because we rarely get any attention and we're still looking.
 LoveTheOutdoorsDoYou
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/5/2014 9:56:37 AM

WHAT attention???

the rest of us are here for years because we rarely get any attention and we're still looking.

Well maybe it's because you have ONE picture in your profile...I think you're very pretty, but from a guy's perspective, when a woman posts only one photo, or just neck up photos, she's hiding something.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2014 2:02:49 PM
if you actually bothered to READ the profile, you'd see i'm not hiding anything - i state flat-out that i am fat.

i also used to have 5 pictures on my profile. it's only recently that i took them down.

that still doesn't address what i said - only certain women get attention on these sites - and they are RARELY over the age of 40!

(thank you for the lovely compliment, it's very kind of you.)
 forumfella
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/5/2014 3:24:51 PM

...so many women have signed up to actually wanting a relationship but quickly become addicted to the attention...

WHAT attention???

LOL, that's funny, because I messaged you once and you just viewed my profile, and didn't even bother with a reply, like most of the flaky women on here!
 26danAZAK
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/5/2014 5:36:53 PM
Variations of "Not here for hookups" turn out to be false
 26danAZAK
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/5/2014 7:15:34 PM
Meant that cple who said wanted relationships and no hookup only wanted hookups and no relationship.
 localRenoite12
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/5/2014 11:03:42 PM

I think that's cuz we live in reno...

When I was in LA getting a date was WAY easier.

I like this town but I agree! You can only get dates here if you're trashy or a hipster.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What you've learned about online dating after 90 days...