Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Should Religious Believers Be Forced To Pay For Private Schools Whil      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsHippyChick
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Should Religious Believers Be Forced To Pay For Private Schools While Non-Believers Get It For FreePage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

I am really curious as to why those who do not want the word "God" in school are so against any type of exposure of religion to our children yet your completely happy to have our children exposed to homosexuality in regards to they must be more tolerant of those with a different sexual orientation? Now if someone doesn't want their children to be exposed to this they are called a bigot but if you don't want your child exposed to the word "God" then we are trampling your rights, is that correct or did I miss something here still?

Religion and homophobia are a choice. Homosexuality is not a choice. Some people are born gay. Homophobes are bigots, just as racists are bigots. Simples.

You've mentioned homosexuality a few times in this thread OP. Why are you so afraid of your children knowing about homosexuality? Don't you realise that the majority of teen suicides are young gay people who are unable to come out of the closet due to parents (usually religious) prejudice and due to them having been taught that to be gay is to be evil? You can't catch 'gay'. There is no reason to be afraid of your children being taught that it isn't bad to be gay. They won't be gay when they grow up unless they have been born gay. If they have then you being homophobic is merely going to lead to them being incredibly miserable, or cutting you out of their life.

Apologies if this appears off-topic, but seeing it mentioned so many times your homophobia seems a secondary topic. However, regarding the main topic - personally I believe that children should be taught logic and reasoning and not exposed to religion, other than as an academic study of comparative religions, until they are of an age when they can choose for themselves. A radical view at the moment I know, but then I was considered radical when I was anti-smacking back in the 90's, but that's considered a normal view now. My hope that in a few more years indoctrinating children into your chosen religion will be considered as much an indication of bad parenting as smacking children is now.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Should Religious Believers Be Forced To Pay For Private Schools While Non-Believers Get It For Free