Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lionesse19
Msg: 26
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I dont agree and I like the term "cougar", they are beautiful animals. You will get all sorts contacting you in cyberspace and have to have a sense of humour. Often they are just playing games and you should take it as such. You can call their bluff and arrange a meeting and then see how they react. Have a bit of fun. I prefer younger men but not more than 10 years. However I just prefer the forums these days.
 winterinfla
Msg: 27
view profile
History
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'
Posted: 8/26/2012 7:51:26 AM
... 'Are you into younger guys?' ...

Just for fun I may have to include that line if I find a hot 65 yr old I want to message.
 marybuckeye
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/26/2012 9:19:26 AM
I agree, tuloa... I recently changed the age range on my profile (as was suggested in another PoF forum), but would rather date someone closer to my own age. I could be wrong in thinking this, but it just seems that there would be a different maturity level; life experiences and all that. Guess I'll find out.
 c_deacon
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2012 10:10:33 AM
Come on OP......You are just advertising more for those baby boys to message you, just not to ask if you are a "cougar".......lmao

Any woman that is 46 and lists her age requirements within 28 and 40 deserves whatever title given to her by young men!! Time to grow up middle aged lady and take off your age requirements and let those that are interested contact you for you, and not maybe to get to bed an older woman because she likes boys!!

Remember......your profile speaks for you, and yours is screaming.......Cougar!!

cd
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:23:58 AM
Because I email (in a non-romantic fashion) with some people I "met" in the forums, my age range is set lower to allow them to email me. However, I will only consider men up to 9 years younger-5 years older for dating because I am looking for someone who has similar likes and is in a similar place in life. When I am asked by some cougar cruiser if I am into younger men, I just respond NO then I block him.

I'd rather teach an old dog new tricks than try to train a puppy.
 winterinfla
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 5:09:29 AM
^^^
So you would rule out a guy with similar likes and in a similar place that is 6 yrs older?
Rather narrow horizon IMO.
 Luckyshamrocks
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/27/2012 5:21:57 AM
One of the saddest one liners I received from a 20 something was " Do you like younger meat?" Seriously??
 HugsAndKissesForSure
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/27/2012 6:23:21 PM
I put right in my profile that I was not interested in anyone under 60 and I still got those responses, so I changed the age setting. Before changing the age setting when I got that question I simply responded that I was not interested. No chat, no nothing, just a polite not interested. (why would I want someone young enough to be my son or even grandson? lol)
 2hotcougar
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/27/2012 6:25:32 PM
im a cougar and proud to be one why get hambuger helper when i can have young beef on the hoof
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/27/2012 8:38:48 PM

from a younger man, he often says 'Are you into younger guys?' Does anyone else here get those kind of responses? What do you say in return?

You say: "Yeah, duh -- I only want guys YOUNGER than me! 28-40 to be exact!"

Although it's bad game for the guy to say that to you, he's probably unsure you actually meant 28-40. And no, you are not searching/looking for guys 30-something to 55. You're looking for 28-40.

So yes, you are positioning yourself as a "Cougar" by doing that, sorry. It's not a predator. Someone 28 is 10 years over the legal limit, so you're fine. Just be real when you post here. :)
 Welsh474
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/28/2012 7:24:31 AM
"im a cougar and proud to be one why get hambuger helper when i can have young beef on the hoof"

Best stick to the young studs, the guys your age want someone semi intelligent, someone who knows sentence structure and someone who know how to use punctuation. The young guys just want your vagina. You get what you "pay" for.
 nativerock
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/28/2012 7:53:33 AM

The young guys just want your vagina. You get what you "pay" for.

I do not think age plays a factor there lol
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2012 8:48:31 AM
Well...As others have pointed out you have your age range setting between 6 years younger than you are and 18 years younger than you are.
So...you are not complaining about younger men contacting you...
You are ACTIVELY SEEKING younger guys.
Transparent much????
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/28/2012 9:05:33 AM

So you would rule out a guy with similar likes and in a similar place that is 6 yrs older?
Rather narrow horizon IMO.

A range 15 years wide is not that narrow, and I have more in common (music, movies, activity level) with men who are my age or slightly younger, so I am targeting my demographic. I used to search 9 years older and younger but the older ones I met just could not relate to me as well as men in their 40's and several had serious health issues. I am not ready to join the grey hair buffet crowd at 4 oclock yet.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/28/2012 9:10:12 AM
For a long time I didn't have age or gender mail filters set as I was keeping in touch with various forum friends. Even though I clearly state in my profile I don't want to be bothered by youngin's, that's never kept the little perverts from trying their luck.

You have to love that tired old nugget they all seem to drag out when they're not getting their way - "age is just a number!"

LMAO! Number, my ass.
 DragonBits
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/28/2012 10:25:07 AM

I got to say, that is really one of my most disliked emails. Then it's always, age is just a number you should consider any port in a storm

LMAO, I don't even own a sail boat.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2012 11:54:37 AM

that line immediately makes me fell like some sort of predator, or "Couger."

I am married and just here for the forums. I put NO mail filters on my profiles because I don't mind hearing from other posters.

But if I got hit on by someone that young I would feel more like the target of a GIGALO. Think about it.
 winterinfla
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2012 12:20:26 PM
The hat lady said: A range 15 years wide is not that narrow, and I have more in common (music, movies, activity level) with men who are my age or slightly younger, so I am targeting my demographic. ...

I should have been more specific by saying "narrow older age horizon".
So you can honestly say that if Mr Perfect came along and he was 6 or 7 yrs older you'd pass?
Seems a bit strange to place a big bet on age alone but if that trips your trigger then best of luck.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/28/2012 12:48:09 PM
For a long time I didn't have age or gender mail filters set as I was keeping in touch with various forum friends. Even though I clearly state in my profile I don't want to be bothered by youngin's, that's never kept the little perverts from trying their luck.

That's cause they DON'T READ the profiles. They just look at the pretty pics and make their play. And you can't blame them Jerseygirl....you're a very pretty lady.

Like so many others before me have said, attraction draws me in to begin with, but then I go to the profile and see if there is something there that attacts me as well. I have much more in common with men in my age group and feel a certain comfort level in knowing that we have shared many life experiences, such as Neil Armstrong's incredible journey. Many of the younger guys would be scratching their hand wondering, " Who in the he11 is Neil Armstrong. (Rest in Peace.)

...mae
 AlfredoDP
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/28/2012 7:13:58 PM
Well, the younger men have an excuse, age...
Now, tell us about the older folks.
 Adored45
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/29/2012 10:33:03 AM
I don't get it I don't know why younger guy would think I would be interested in sleeping with someone my own child's age! Forgive me I mean it's not flattering at all .
 4angelfish2
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/29/2012 10:49:27 AM
Well I am glad to know that I am not the only one getting this question in my message box....LOL
 JC72032
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 10:49:38 AM
Where I come from we call that kind of math "Yankee ingenuity"
 stellavixen
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/30/2012 12:23:02 AM
Take a chance and go for it.

I dated a POF man 20 years younger than myself. I never would of imagined dating a man that much younger. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 3:33:57 AM

I don't get it I don't know why younger guy would think I would be interested in sleeping with someone my own child's age! Forgive me I mean it's not flattering at all .

Answer in this case is simple.

The OP is 46
She has purposely set her age range at 28 - 40!

The younger guys message her because she is actively seeking younger guys.
You CANNOT message her if you are older than 40.

That's why.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'