Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 51
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

When I get a response to a message here from a younger man, he often says 'Are you into younger guys?'

Be coy, OP! Bat your eyes and ask him ... "Maybe. Are you into hypocrites?"
 DragonBits
Msg: 52
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'
Posted: 8/31/2012 6:24:02 AM

I don't get it I don't know why younger guy would think I would be interested in sleeping with someone my own child's age! Forgive me I mean it's not flattering at all .

Answer in this case is simple.

The OP is 46
She has purposely set her age range at 28 - 40!

The younger guys message her because she is actively seeking younger guys.
You CANNOT message her if you are older than 40.

That's why.

This is the kind of profile I would avoid, IE: crazy people.
 3ffervescent
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 6:28:07 AM
OP, I met a guy at a meet and greet, and there was instant mutual attraction -- he told me his user-name, and I looked him up (when I got home). I was horrified to find out the man in question was 29 at the time--
I didn't follow up on his suggestions.

Ick ...

While I couldn't have given birth to him, the math didn't serve him well (if I had to do the sums in the first place).

I like men my own age.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/31/2012 6:40:29 AM
If you have your mail settings open to younger man, then one would ASSUME that you are willing to date them. They just want to know if that is a possibility or a mistake, eh?

I used to think it was "silly" for black men to ask me if I dated blacks, but in a forum, a black man said that there was no reason to waste time if a woman will not date outside of her ethnicity. Makes sense.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:08:47 PM

Winter in FL asked me: So you can honestly say that if Mr Perfect came along and he was 6 or 7 yrs older you'd pass?

No, I did not say that at all. What I said is that when I was searching up to 9 years older and down to 9 years younger, I had more in common with men who were my age or slightly younger. The men who were older that contacted me were in poorer health, had fewer interests, were less commitment-minded, were not into the same music/movies and were very set in their ways. I have now shortened my span to only 5 years older to 9 years younger for dating (not email) because of this and am contacted by more men who I have more in common with. If I were to meet someone outside of POF who was 6-7 or more years older but who was committed, faithful, kind liked Cake, Death Cab for Cutie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. and who did not have a medicine cabinet full of heart, ED and prostrate medications...I'd consider him.
 Scottisgood
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:10:17 PM
Don't care for guys however I Like Younger, Older and even the Same age ladies.

Ain't nothing better than a Good Woman!!
 timeforall
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:54:53 PM
All of these women looking for relationships with guys much younger than themselves. Does something happen to women as they age that they lose all sense of reality?
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/3/2012 6:20:31 PM

All of these women looking for relationships with guys much younger than themselves. Does something happen to women as they age that they lose all sense of reality?

I pretty much think the same of all these men over 45 looking for relationships with women much younger than themselves.
 oskiesmom
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 6:49:02 PM

I pretty much think the same of all these men over 45 looking for relationships with women much younger than themselves.

Excellent response! Last year, I married a 26 year old girl to a 66 year old man. But, these two knew that she wanted a visa and financial security and he wanted a piece of a$$ and someone to cook/clean/care for him. Contracts were in place, counseling happened, it was all good.

Sometimes, a woman wants to get a piece just the same as a man; it doesn't mean she's lost all sense of reality. Either sex can lose all sense of reality if they expect it to be a lifelong romance. Spent many years bartending; I've seen probably every scenario...
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/3/2012 8:41:18 PM
Right on OskiesMom...as long as both parties have their eyes wide open.
 Della D
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/4/2012 2:35:55 PM
OP, according your profile you're 46, and the age range set for people to contact you is 28-40.

Of course they do rightly assume you're into the young guys. The question is probably just their (immature) way of making contact?
 annywn
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/5/2012 2:13:00 AM
I've already raised my kids and not looking for a new project. Then I tell em to make me a sandwich and I may reconsider.
 vestaceres
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/5/2012 7:01:40 AM
I get them, from time to time; I don't take such offense, but I don't find such responses flattering either, but I keep it in perspective.

I personally screen all mail that arrives, and I make the decision to respond or not. I usually have a response to men younger than me who do approach me for conversation. I do my utmost to respond respectfully - others are ignored or even blocked (if they're excessively inappropriate).

Do not take their foolishness personally. It does not serve you well when you can easily refuse to respond.
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2012 4:13:38 PM

If I were to meet someone outside of POF who was 6-7 or more years older but who was committed, faithful, kind liked Cake, Death Cab for Cutie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. and who did not have a medicine cabinet full of heart, ED and prostrate medications...I'd consider him.

Just don't make me listen to Cake's version of "I will Survive"!
 3dogsandme
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/6/2012 8:23:43 AM
It is such a stupid thing for them to say.....my response..."Your age is not the number I am in terested in"....usually sends them running....lol.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/6/2012 9:04:46 AM
I get them all the time...so its so funny to me...I just say "Go away child"
 HairBrained
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/9/2012 1:01:35 PM
Call me a crazy old "B" but I love it and have fun with it...nobody says you have to go out with them....lol.....
 WiseBurro
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/9/2012 2:06:07 PM

What do you say in return?

"RrrrAWWWRRR!!!"
 arwen52
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2012 8:15:05 PM
Why would it make you feel like a predator? You haven't done anything predatory.

If your answer is, "Thanks but no thanks," just tell them.

Word it out that older women are hot and a lot of young guys want to find out for themselves. If you don't want to be contacted by them, put an age limit on your profile. If you don't, expect that some young guys are going to contact you. Most seem to think that all they have to do is say, "Hey, I think you're hot" and we'll fall into bed with them. This is not the case.

Socially, I like the company of younger men. As lovers, I generally prefer men closer to my age though I did find one exception. I'd really like to find someone for a LTR and, realistically, I expect that would be someone closer to my age. But I don't rule anyone out as long as they are legal.
 guyforgal94941
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 11:22:32 AM
I agree that is so creepy, just because you set your preferences a certain way what makes those boys think you are into younger men?

But it is good you created a post about it, now all of us younger men are well informed :~)
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 3:29:17 PM

It is such a stupid thing for them to say.....my response..."Your age is not the number I am in terested in"....usually sends them running....lol.

Um...but she wants them to contact her.
What do you say then?
I mean since it doesn't really apply.
 LG2727
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 8:46:43 PM
I hate that whole cougar thing too, I cant help for the pups who approach me when I'm out, but I certainly keep my age range high enough on here not to have to deal with that sort of thing. I just had a 21 yr old flirting with me last weekend....geez, my kids are almost in thier 30s, I have to draw the line somewhere!
 wolfluvr1234
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/27/2012 3:51:50 AM
I have had this issue as well and just now figured out the mail settings tab. Waiting to see if changing that stops the young ones...
 scottey63
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2012 10:34:04 AM
OP, when a 28 year old guy contacts you and asks "are you into younger guys?", your response should be "Of course. Are you into women old enough to be your mother?"
 sweetandsexi
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/27/2012 1:28:02 PM
I got a message from a 28 year-old man last night. He just said hello, and I said, "Tyler, you are fishing in the deep end of the pond!" He thought it was funny, too.

I agree, make a joke of it, and move on if your not interested, I don't think younger guys are insulting you if they ask, "are you into younger guys", you either are or you aren't, some of these people on these forums need to lighten up....holy shit
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'