Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 msadeled
Msg: 76
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I got a hit from a 20 year old and I am 52. I have no idea why. What could I have to talk about with a 20 year old. I have a hard enough time talking to guys who remember Roy Orbison and****Clark much less a kid. Adele
 Dolphina
Msg: 77
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:11:26 PM
Just got a message from a 21 year old on another dating site who wrote the following: 'Damn mumma produced a milf." Which, actually, I didn't understand until I looked up "milf". Truly bizzare, as I stagger towards 60 in a couple of months.
 barra62
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/2/2012 2:49:17 PM
Not really ,,
I'm straight
 larissan04
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/3/2012 9:42:52 PM
Ugh. No matter what I used to put in my profile, I'd get more responses from really young guys. It made me sick. I prefer to date men that about 10 to 15 years older. That's just me. I find younger men very unattractive, boring, banal, and lacking in life experience. Most of the young guys that would message me would always make it really clear that they were just looking for sex. It was such a turn off, so I know exactly what you mean. The thing I found most annoying was how all these young guys would always say, "age is just a number...it doesn't matter...." It was all very annoying. Ugh!
 Wonder5750
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2012 8:18:30 AM
People always say its just a number. I mean I get the need to be open minded, but we do have the choice and most choices are made from past experience. The bad breakup ends with the .. well I won't ever do "that" again. What ever "that" is. Now I know we are supposed to loose our baggage, but we are also supposed to learn. If you do what you have always done, you get what you've always got.

Personally I think the OP was bragging, not b*tchen. People do that a lot on here. Guess it makes them feel better or more superior or something.
 Killashandra
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:58:27 PM

..."when u get to a certain age, you are a TURKEY BUZZARD!"

Funny!!!
 mainelythere
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:24:24 PM
Its just an opening line, he could have equally said are you into dancing or jazz music. By asking if you are into younger guys he establishes 2 things 1) you are open to someone his age 2) you are into casual sex.
 mainelythere
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:25:45 PM

That question always dumbfounds me. If I were old enough to give birth to you, how gross is even the thought, on either side, that you could go back in there. The same goes for men. It completely disgusts me to see their lower age limit to be one in which they could have reasonably fathered the person. How can anyone possible have sex with someone that could theologically be their child. It just reeks of nasty and perverted and pedophilia. Automatic disgust. BTW, I consider 16 year difference to fall in the parent/child category, but personally, 6 years below has been my limit, and that didn't last long because I felt more like his mother than his girlfriend at times.
you sound incredibly judgmental and angry. tell me do you call them police when you see a couple making out in a car?
 pageforyou
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/28/2013 6:20:01 PM
someone that could *theologically* be their child

Not even a typo but a wordo!

:lol:

I think women and men should date who they want and those who have never dated a younger, but well beyond legal person, should keep their "theoretical" opinions AND put downs to themselves. : )
 Giggles10000
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/28/2013 6:33:02 PM

I think women and men should date who they want and those who have never dated a younger, but well beyond legal person, should keep their "theoretical" opinions AND put downs to themselves. : )

Or give themselves permission to enjoy their life without the needless boundaries that they are trying to inflict on others.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/28/2013 6:48:58 PM

I kind of wish I were attracted to younger men. I have some of the best conversations with young men in their 20s, more so than any conversation I've had lately with men (or women) closer to my own age

IRL I seem to get into friendly conversations with much younger women who are strangers more frequently than I do with women my age - I chalk it up to the fact that I don't even register on thier radar so they feel they can relax and be themselves.
 pageforyou
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/28/2013 7:03:14 PM

Or give themselves permission to enjoy their life without the needless boundaries that they are trying to inflict on others.

Yeah! THAT too! : )
 grove_22
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/28/2013 8:47:37 PM
When I was on a different dating site, women outside my age range ( both older and younger ) have asked the same question when they emailed me. "Are you interested in older / younger women?"
 LG2727
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2013 9:11:48 PM
I hate that response to, geez, thanks for making me out to be some desperate old gal looking for young meat...ewww...I just tell them, if you have to ask, you are to young.
 Kingnot
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/2/2013 8:23:18 PM
I dont get that either when a 20 something contacts a mature women I think they have mommy issue fetish.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2013 10:21:56 PM
No young men for me......I have a ton of nephews.....and If I am old enough to have been your babysitter, or worse yet, your mother.....well, no.....not gonna happen.
 larissan04
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/3/2013 10:22:55 AM
I do not and never will date a younger man. I get hit on by younger men all the time, and it is such a turn off to me. I have always preferred older men or men closer to my own age. For some reason, I never get any attention from men that are my age or older. I am not sure why that is, but thankfully I am not looking right now!
 victorianist
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/3/2013 3:57:37 PM
I've had a few younger women contact me. My answer is "If you're young enough to be my daughter, send me a photo and phone number I can give to my son".
 bridget1964
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/3/2013 4:15:49 PM
I just joined POF in January and most of my responses have been from much younger or much older men. The last one kept writing to me and wanted to know why I didn't like him. In the very first reply, I told him I did not date men in their 20s.
 SamuraiPixie
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/3/2013 4:21:58 PM
I think this response and any of the following are pretty hated:
- 'Sup?
- Hey, Baby or any derivative of baby, hun, babe, etc.
- What's your kink factor or anything relative to kink, etc.
- When was the last time you had sex and what was your favorite position or anything having to do with one's private life, etc.
- I bet you could teach me a few things? REALLY?

I could go on but those are just a few from the last couple weeks...

S
 2015LadyLove
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/11/2014 3:21:49 PM
On the subject, "Are you into younger guys?" Has anyone noticed the huge influx of young guys on the site getting profiles saying they are in their 40's and 50's so that they can get around the POF age and messaging preferences so they can bother us older woman?

I have my profile open right now because setting messaging restrictions seems to be a complete waste of time and I communicate with people on the forum. I'm getting tons of messages from 20 somethings with over 40 profiles. It's so annoying.

Cubs, sweetie, if we older woman want a young thang we know where to find you!!! LOL

If someone from POF is reading, this is a huge problem.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/11/2014 4:50:54 PM
^^yes. I've reported the profiles and blocked the users.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/11/2014 5:41:14 PM
It's not like this wasn't predicted when Marcus announced the new +/-14 year email restrictions.......
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/11/2014 6:03:15 PM
So why not just hide your profile Ladylove?? Works good
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/11/2014 6:19:34 PM
I'm into ATTRACTIVE men (attractive to me), I don't care if they are younger or a bit older. The younger guys I have been involved with never asked me this question, it was just never an issue for them or me. That was before the 14 year rule though.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'