Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2015LadyLove
Msg: 101
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
[Forumfellathesequel]

I am on POF to date men in my age range (40 and up) that is why my profile is not hidden. If I was here just for the forums that would be a good option :).
 petula1908
Msg: 102
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'
Posted: 10/11/2014 11:08:28 PM
I got a 20 year old the other day on another site and answered him out of curiosity. I am 30 years older and more. I asked him why he contacted me, he said he cant get a chick his own age. He doesnt want to date me of course, just "fool around" until I find somebody lol!! He was well built and attractive but really....... I asked him old his mother is and said I was older... we signed off amicably.
 Dee4166
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2014 4:19:32 AM
For myself I have always been attractive to guys that are younger than me...not attract-ED to, but they certainly like me!!! lol
I have dated younger men, but as someone else said,if I'm old enough to be your mother, than, I'm just NOT interested...
I think most of them are into the whole Mrs. Robinson seduction scene....LMAO
I have had several short-term relationships with them as well,because for me, if I have to explain every reference that I make in some way, then it just becomes tedious...

At least with a guy near my own age I don't have to explain what I mean when I ask whether he's a Ginger or Mary-Ann, type of guy...lol

For myself, a younger man can be fun for a while, but if I'm looking, ultimately, for a more serious relationship, which I am, then sticking around my own age group is better for me.

Most who contact me are polite and I just tell them that they're too young for me...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2014 6:46:18 AM
The shoe's on the other foot now. Women used to gripe about men chasing after much younger women. Now older women go after the younger guys. As the man once said,- "You asked for it".
 Maleman999
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/12/2014 7:37:16 AM
Some younger guys are into older women because they want to have the option that if things don't work out, they can at least try to date her daughter or a niece. (lol) What would be funnier is if the older woman and younger guy end up breaking up, so he goes on the prowl again. And then the woman's daughter comes home one day with a guy and says: "Mom. I want you to meet my new boyfriend", who happens to be the guy the mother had a short fling with.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/12/2014 8:12:56 AM
There's probably only a couple reasons why a young dude would want an older lady..financial gain and the idea of wild sex from a woman he thinks knows what's she's doing in the bedroom, aside from that I don't really see what the attraction would be, the senior discount at Walmart perhaps ??!?
I would never want a twenty something gf...what the hell do you even talk about?? But to each their own I suppose.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/12/2014 12:12:18 PM
Msg 121. If a woman looks good, it doesn't matter how old she is. I've been involved with a very handsome 27 year old guy for almost two years. We don't just have sex either. We have lunches, go to the movies (he pays 90% of the time - so no sugar momma dynamics here), and we can talk for hours. He's really the only guy I can talk non-stop about anything under the sun. It never gets boring. He's had girlfriends his age, but he chooses to spend his time with me. BTW, nice little insult to us older ladies, implying that no young man could POSSIBLY be attracted to us because we are not 20 anymore. And he's not the only young man I've been involved with for more than just sex. Times are changing, and I think it's great that we "old gals" don't have settle for older guys who'd really rather be with younger women and act like they're doing us a favor. It's all good.
 Like2dance
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2014 3:13:03 PM
In various tribes around the world young men are tutored in sex by older women prior to them getting married to young women in order to have children.

While I was in high school I knew of several liaisons between women in their 30's to 50's with their paper boy, son's friend and the like.

I also have met a few younger men who do older women for sport. One guy is quite successful with cougars who have had the boob jobs, facelifts etc. in hopes of reliving their youth's exuberances with younger studs. These young men tell me they do not have to chase or court the older women, all of whom are quite grateful to the guys for their attentions.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/12/2014 4:13:43 PM

Msg 122: Yes. I find it totally creepy. But I think there is a bigger issue here to be addressed by PoF. I have quite a few young men 20s/30s who have premeditatedly entered the wrong age when registering - usually late 50s early 60s.

The Law of Unintended Consequences.
When POF decided to limit email between +/- 14 years, then People would Tailor Their Profile Age to Contact Those they wanted to. When Anyone could Email anyone Else, then most would list Their True Age & you could use Email Filters to sort it out. You can Thank the Big Fish for this Outcome, it was Predicted, when he announced the New Email Restrictions.
 Dee4166
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2014 4:20:20 PM
The day that I am "grateful" for ANY man's attention is the day that I stop dating,thanks...

And yeah, please, just because there are men who are assuming the reasons that younger women are attracted to THEM, are the same reason that younger men are attracted to older women, doesn't mean you're right...

Many women I know enjoy the company of men younger than themselves, I personally am just not that keen on it in general myself, Doesn't mean they are all being used for their money or alleged sexual prowess...Perhaps that may have been the motivation of yourself when you were younger or perhaps some of the men that you know...but it's by NO means a universal "truth"....
 petula1908
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/12/2014 4:33:48 PM
Lets face it, youth is more sexually attractive. WOmen are fitter and younger looking now at a certain age than they used to be. However if the age gap is too great, the novelty will wear off, with nothing much in common. The younger guy wanting the older woman will not want to bother to date, woo or romance her, want any real commitment. Mother issues sometimes, yes.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/12/2014 5:40:44 PM
So Karma, you say you've been having sex with a guy for 2 years, yet youre not in a relationship, he's had other girlfriends in the meantime? you've actually just helped to prove my point...lol
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/12/2014 9:10:01 PM
So Karma, you say you've been having sex with a guy for 2 years, yet youre not in a relationship, he's had other girlfriends in the meantime? you've actually just helped to prove my point...lol

I was in two relationships with guys in their early twenties before and after I met him. One proposed to me after a year, the other wanted me to move with him when he thought he was getting orders. I told the first one no, because he was way too young, but we are still friends today, and the other one had trust and anger issues and we had a big bad dramatic breakup. Oh well.

The guy I've been seeing for almost two years is what you would call a "FWB", with a big emphasis on Friends. We go for weeks without sex, and he sees me most weekends - Friday AND Saturday nights. If he is seeing other girls , I don't know how he would find time to see them. But he is certainly free to do so. He told me upfront that he was not looking for a serious relationship with anybody, and I was fine with that, because when we first met I was not over some other guy and just wanted a little distraction and someone to be physically close to. Over time, we have gotten quite fond of each other. We are not "officially" together, and I that's OK with me, because I'm still dating other guys and have been talking to a very handsome 32 year old who says he wants a relationship and see me more often. He is currently deployed and hopefully we can get to know each other better when he gets back. We only met twice before he left, and he has not pushed for sex at all.

The theory that all young guys want is easy sex from us over the hill old chicks has not been my experience at all. In fact, in my experience the younger guys have been MUCH more upfront, nicer and honest than the guys my age, who have mostly lied to me and misled me, or were married or involved with other women. The young guys have also actually PAID for dates, which discredits the sugar momma myth. Young guys have been good to me for the most part, and that is why I will keep dating them .
 Dee4166
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2014 4:56:53 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you mean that you're NOT some desperate old bag who is just GRATEFUL for the attention???!!?!?!?!LOL j/k

EXACTLY!!! That has ALSO been the experience of MANY women my age and older with younger men...

Some guys are just more mature and can't deal with girls, emphasis on the GIRLS, their own age and naturally seek out older women...
When I was in my teens and 20's the average age difference between myself and the guys I was with was usually 8-10 years older, for the same reason, guys my age were immature and uninteresting to me...
Not all of them have "Mommy issues" or are looking for all of that wild skill in bed they hear that we have...some are ACTUALLY interested in the women they are dating, because of who they ARE....

Go figure!
 Maleman999
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/13/2014 7:58:47 AM

We are not "officially" together, and I that's OK with me, because I'm still dating other guys and have been talking to a very handsome 32 year old who says he wants a relationship and see me more often.

If this 32 year old guy-or any other guy you might consider as relationship material-maintains friendships with hot, sexy women who are in their 20's who are/were FWB, and is currently maintaining the benefits part with at least one of them, and will continue to do so until he gets into a committed relationship with someone else, would that be alright with you? And if he wants to maintain the friendships with her/them and continue seeing them on a regular basis, even after getting into a committed relationship (assuming without the benefits part)-since they were friends before you came along-would that also sit well with you? I'm sure you know the saying "What's good for the goose...."
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/13/2014 8:09:04 AM
Not sure when or if I said you were an old bag or over the hill, I actaully think you're quite beautiful and sexy, if I somehow insulted you, I apologize. i hope things work out for you, and he decides to fully commit, since you both seem to be very compatible...going by what you said.
Good luck
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/13/2014 9:35:54 AM
Dee, you are right, in my experience, the younger guys were not looking to bang me to get "experience". Frankly, after being married for 20 years, I don't have all that much "experience". These guys probably had more sex with a larger amount of partners than me, and they were all very skilled in the bedroom. NO need for me to "teach" them anything, quite the contrary.
 LdyDayna
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/13/2014 10:30:15 AM
I've had men ask me that, and it doesn't bother me. I don't go specifically looking for younger men, but I've dated men half my age (and more) with no problem. It was because we were attracted to each other and had enough in common to be compatible. Men mean no harm by asking that question. How would they know if they don't ask? At my age now, I'd go 20 years younger and maybe 5 years older. In any case it would be determined by more than just age!

I'm attracted to men who are healthy, and able to keep up with me,(along with other factors) no matter if they are older or younger. I've never been a cougar because the men always pursue me, not me them. If anything, some younger men are predator-like when it comes to chasing older women. And they usually are not looking to "learn something". They see what they want, and go for it.
 Dee4166
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2014 11:13:17 AM
@forumfella....
I was the one who made that facetious comment...Not Karma...and MY apologies, I wasn't quoting anybody directly...Just the general tone of the thread seemed to be that older women were just a "filler' until some hot 25 yr.old came along...Which believe it or not, they usually AREN'T...sorry for the confusion...

@Karma...Yes, I actually don't always think that is the motivation, it's just the first thing that I, personally look for when contacted by a younger man...and I DO find it about half the time...Some people watch too many movies, because MANY older women that I know are in the same "experience" boat for similar/same reasons...
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/13/2014 12:47:04 PM
Thanks Dee, hope you're having a great Thanksgiving weekend! :)
 petula1908
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/15/2014 12:32:36 AM
Sometimes I am tempted to go along with these cougar hunters and see if they actually want to meet up.
Call their bluff, so to speak. We all get them sooner or later so just dont enter into any dialogue if you are not interested.
 Like2dance
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2014 6:17:40 AM

Sometimes I am tempted to go along with these cougar hunters and see if they actually want to meet up.
Call their bluff, so to speak. We all get them sooner or later so just dont enter into any dialogue if you are not interested.

They are known as cubs.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/15/2014 2:49:23 PM
jeneee- THAT is your MOST hated response?!
I've been asked if I want to see a 'ick pic (Um, NO!), was I alone and did I want to be, does the curtain match the drapes? I could go on and on. (all were blocked immediately)
I'm 46, so anyone younger than 30 would just be too young, but 30 and up........maybe. I read profiles, so if someone younger than me messages me, I read their profile. If they have a profile that indicates we have common interests, what does it hurt to chat a little bit and just see if it's a possibility?
Bottom line: much ado about nothing, jmo.
 SophiaAL
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/15/2014 8:58:40 PM
'Cougar' pfffft...What is the equivalent term for a male that likes dating younger women??? Hypocritical world a lot of people live in...
 JoeBnD
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/15/2014 9:05:17 PM

'Cougar' pfffft...What is the equivalent term for a male that likes dating younger women??? Hypocritical world a lot of people live in...

That would be the far more derogatory term "cradle robber".
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'