Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Like2dance
Msg: 122
view profile
History
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Sometimes I am tempted to go along with these cougar hunters and see if they actually want to meet up.
Call their bluff, so to speak. We all get them sooner or later so just dont enter into any dialogue if you are not interested.

They are known as cubs.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 123
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'
Posted: 10/15/2014 2:49:23 PM
jeneee- THAT is your MOST hated response?!
I've been asked if I want to see a 'ick pic (Um, NO!), was I alone and did I want to be, does the curtain match the drapes? I could go on and on. (all were blocked immediately)
I'm 46, so anyone younger than 30 would just be too young, but 30 and up........maybe. I read profiles, so if someone younger than me messages me, I read their profile. If they have a profile that indicates we have common interests, what does it hurt to chat a little bit and just see if it's a possibility?
Bottom line: much ado about nothing, jmo.
 SophiaAL
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/15/2014 8:58:40 PM
'Cougar' pfffft...What is the equivalent term for a male that likes dating younger women??? Hypocritical world a lot of people live in...
 JoeBnD
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/15/2014 9:05:17 PM

'Cougar' pfffft...What is the equivalent term for a male that likes dating younger women??? Hypocritical world a lot of people live in...

That would be the far more derogatory term "cradle robber".
 Like2dance
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2014 9:43:39 PM

What is the equivalent term for a male that likes dating younger women?

Normal, healthy, well adjusted male.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 127
Posted: 10/15/2014 11:03:02 PM
Normal, healthy, well adjusted women also want guys they are physically attracted to. And more and more women are exercising the same "right" as men have been doing forever. Thanks men, for opening my eyes - younger IS better for the most part.
 Dee4166
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2014 2:46:42 AM
Had ANOTHER two contact me...

Maybe the Universe is sending me a message???

Or maybe I have to change my profile to "seeking a relationship", rather than casual dating...?

I mean, I ultimately would like a relationship, I'm just NOT in a huge HURRY or anything....They need another category there, perhaps...Like "would like to find someone to share my Life with, BUT am willing to take my time and develop something"...

Unfortunately that won't fit in a drop down menu.........lol

I mean, it's nice to know that I've STILL "got it"...I just wish that there were more men my own age who were actually LOOKING for "it" in someone THEIR age....

It's a CRUEL trick that Mother Nature has played on us all.....lol
 bamagrl68
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/16/2014 1:55:19 PM
dee4166- The thing is, men looking to just get into our pants are out there in EVERY age range.
I am willing to give someone younger a chance.
There IS such a thing as too young, I don't want to be mistaken for someone's mother (yikes!), but in our 40's, someone 10 years younger is in their 30's and it's just not that big of an issue anymore, again, jmo.
 pageforyou
Msg: 130
Posted: 10/19/2014 5:16:04 AM
I just find it funny that so many assume that because the OP wrote " ... response" people assume she wrote
to them first. They could be responding to her profile and be the first to write.

It's happened to me and other women I know on here. Doesn't seem much different to me than someone much older asking if I am into "older" guys.

It's also amazing how squirmy and resentful people get at the idea of young men and older women having sex or even a relationship. Some people feel that way about older men and younger women, but I certainly haven't heard disapproval anywhere as often when it comes to that version of age difference.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 131
Posted: 10/20/2014 9:33:53 AM

If this 32 year old guy-or any other guy you might consider as relationship material-maintains friendships with hot, sexy women who are in their 20's who are/were FWB, and is currently maintaining the benefits part with at least one of them, and will continue to do so until he gets into a committed relationship with someone else, would that be alright with you?

I can't speak for Karma but I will answer this myself - why wouldn't it be alright with me? Is he single? I'd assume he's not a virgin. How would I know what age the people he's dating or sleeping with are? This is none of my concern unless/until I am actually in a relationship with him.

And if he wants to maintain the friendships with her/them and continue seeing them on a regular basis, even after getting into a committed relationship (assuming without the benefits part)-since they were friends before you came along-would that also sit well with you? I'm sure you know the saying "What's good for the goose...."

Why would this NOT sit well with me unless I had insecurities/issues? And again, age isn't relevant here so much as the current relationship that's been established.
 Dee4166
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2014 10:37:04 AM
@bama....

My "problem" with dating guys that are 10-12 years younger isn't really an issue of relating so much as the fact that many are looking to have kids...so it would end up being a "just for now"kinda deal...because that ship has SAILED off into the sunset for me...lol
Considering that a very good friend of mine is 11 years younger than myself...It stands to reason that I COULD find a younger man that I can relate to...But it's like I said...it probably WON'T end up as a more permanent relationship and while not every relationship IS "forever", I would at least like to toy with the idea that it COULD be...ya know what I mean?
With younger men,I guess I have a bias that they are not thinking long-term with a woman of my age...and I'm realizing that I AM...
I have had the fun-but-temporary relationships,MANY times before, and I'm pretty much DONE with that...
|But of course there's always the possibility if he's15 years younger than me, he COULD always conceivably stay with me until I DIE...and STILL be able to start a family with someone else....LOL
Hmmmmm...maybe I have to re-think this... *wink*
 bamagrl68
Msg: 133
Posted: 10/20/2014 11:00:25 AM
dee166- I understand. My youngest is 15 AND I'm a grandma, so I'm NOT having any more children.
I haven't counted, but I have had several messages from men younger than me.
I look at their profiles, anything other than a no under the "Do you want children" question and I just don't respond.
A life time ago, I had a crush on a guy who wound up marrying someone older than him, she already had children and didn't want anymore, but they got married and are still together 20+ years later.
It happens.
If I ever manage to meet someone special, we get along, have things in common, the feelings are there, etc., I can't imagine ending it over our ages.
I'm pretty good at being able to tell how old people are, Truth be told somehow the attraction part of my brain just doesn't come on if I can tell that someone is TOO young.
That's probably for the best, lol :D
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 134
Posted: 10/20/2014 2:47:17 PM
Stiffler's Mother caused all of these problems, now young guys think most middle aged women want to be a "cougar"...

and one time at band camp...

;0P
 bamagrl68
Msg: 135
Posted: 10/20/2014 3:32:06 PM
blondangel845-I saw the movie, but it's been forever, is that how the whole "cougar" thing got started?
Speaking of the movie, you'll never look at pie again the same way :D
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 136
Posted: 10/20/2014 6:48:04 PM
That movie never motivated me to become a "cougar". The guy in the movie who hooked up with Stiffler's mom looked way too boyish for my taste anyways. The younger guys I got involved with were ripped, had muscles and looked manly, not like a school boy. Could not go there at all.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2014 8:12:21 PM

Stiffler's Mother caused all of these problems

....such an awesome movie!! Yep the whole Coug movement came from Stiffler's mom and Finch (sh!tbreak)!!

Nothing wrong with Cougars!! Let them take all the young guys so us middle aged guys have better chances with younger women. Makes sense, no?

WomanInProgress
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:54:07 AM

Nothing wrong with Cougars!! Let them take all the young guys so us middle aged guys have better chances with younger women. Makes sense, no?

It does - I'll buy that theory for a dollar.
 ladyc4
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/18/2014 11:12:34 AM
Are you kidding me?
I LOVE it. I set right down and tell them about the windows I need washed, or trees I need pruned, or my storage shed re-organized...
OK, I have dated/been involved with guys from 5-12 yrs younger and a couple of times with guys close to 20 yrs older( but they looked really good for their age-and as I recall, these were RL meetings where age isn't something that needs to be worn as a label!)
One time, at another site, I got into an email exchange with a younger guy who seemed really sweet. But I kept telling him that he was too young( he was about half my age!) His final email to me he asked me to let him know if I ever changed my mind because he would do anything to be with me.
I emailed him back...
"Son, don't EVER tell a woman you will do anything to be with her.
You might find yourself doing amything from washing windows, whitewashing the chicken coop, or driving the getaway car in a bank robbery!"
Cindy O
 petula1908
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/18/2014 2:24:42 PM
silverhawk
No it doesnt make sense, younger women are not going to settle for what may be left i.e. older men, because the younger guys are busy elsewhere. lol! Cougars and younger guys very unlikely to last and form real partnerships. Happens, but rare. If you have money, personality and are reasonably fit as a middle aged man, you may catch a younger woman, sure.

By the way. you say you want a relationship on your profile, but the header says just here for the forums...... hedging our bets, are we??
 petula1908
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/18/2014 2:28:20 PM
ladyc4

Doesnt it make you laugh when these extravagant statements are made online before you have even met and you are at the receiving end of his projections and fantasies!! You only have to mention his mother, ask how old she is, and mention you may be older, or that he may have mother issues......, and most of them will disappear. lol!!
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2014 3:17:37 PM

silverhawk
No it doesnt make sense, younger women are not going to settle for what may be left i.e. older men, because the younger guys are busy elsewhere. lol! Cougars and younger guys very unlikely to last and form real partnerships. Happens, but rare. If you have money, personality and are reasonably fit as a middle aged man, you may catch a younger woman, sure.

Settle? Who said anything about them settling? Boy, I'll bet there would be quite a few women who would get their panties in a bunch if younger guys said they were "settling" for older women. Something to think about for sure!!

By the way. you say you want a relationship on your profile, but the header says just here for the forums...... hedging our bets, are we??

Nope, quite clear in both the header and in the detail that I'm happy with who I found. The window shopping that I do from time to time by having "relationship" on my profile simply confirms that. I'm not sure my GF would see it that way, mind you. I tend to be a bit flirty IRL - this is tame compared to where my mouth gets me at the bar or a party.
 petula1908
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:00:29 PM
I think cougars are beautiful animals and anyone can call me that, anytime. I even have a pendant with a cougar on it and got smirks before I realised what that meant. lol!!! Nothing wrong with being a spinster either and an old maid may be that but doesn't mean she doesn't or didn't get laid. lol! but I would prefer bachelor girl as a term.......
 petula1908
Msg: 144
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:04:54 PM
Interesting what you say about Canadian laws and child support when you have co-habited, even if the kids are not yours???? wow!! What sort of crazy law is that???. Hard enough to get even some biological fathers to support their kids. I would be very leery of getting involved with a single mother under those circumstances for sure....
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:07:15 PM

Cougars and younger guys very unlikely to last and form real partnerships.

Who said anything about doing that? Ha
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2014 6:46:43 PM

Interesting what you say about Canadian laws and child support when you have co-habited, even if the kids are not yours???? wow!! What sort of crazy law is that???. Hard enough to get even some biological fathers to support their kids. I would be very leery of getting involved with a single mother under those circumstances for sure....

Ya its been beaten to death here in the Forums in the single parent section. Just do a search on child support for step kids and you'll see endless threads about this.

Some long term forumites right here on POF have had to pay for step kids........Il_Capitano is one for sure.

Its unfortunate because laws like this discourage mixed families and place a burden on social systems and infrastructure. Case in point is that I have a home, so does my GF. Two of everything to maintain single parent homes due to risk of financial loss if the relationship goes sideways.

Anyway, I'm hijacking this thread - now back to your regularly scheduled "are you into younger guys" topic........

FWIW, I do stick to my own age when looking for a relationship. While its nice to look (and flirt) with younger women, I do find I'm most comfortable with women who I have alot in common with, and that means someone from my own generation. I know most of the threads here lately seem to indicate men go for younger women, but I guess I go against the grain and enjoy the company of a mature woman, not to mention the sex.....oh....the sex!!.........:)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'