Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 135
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
blondangel845-I saw the movie, but it's been forever, is that how the whole "cougar" thing got started?
Speaking of the movie, you'll never look at pie again the same way :D
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 136
MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'
Posted: 10/20/2014 6:48:04 PM
That movie never motivated me to become a "cougar". The guy in the movie who hooked up with Stiffler's mom looked way too boyish for my taste anyways. The younger guys I got involved with were ripped, had muscles and looked manly, not like a school boy. Could not go there at all.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2014 8:12:21 PM

Stiffler's Mother caused all of these problems

....such an awesome movie!! Yep the whole Coug movement came from Stiffler's mom and Finch (sh!tbreak)!!

Nothing wrong with Cougars!! Let them take all the young guys so us middle aged guys have better chances with younger women. Makes sense, no?

WomanInProgress
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:54:07 AM

Nothing wrong with Cougars!! Let them take all the young guys so us middle aged guys have better chances with younger women. Makes sense, no?

It does - I'll buy that theory for a dollar.
 ladyc4
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/18/2014 11:12:34 AM
Are you kidding me?
I LOVE it. I set right down and tell them about the windows I need washed, or trees I need pruned, or my storage shed re-organized...
OK, I have dated/been involved with guys from 5-12 yrs younger and a couple of times with guys close to 20 yrs older( but they looked really good for their age-and as I recall, these were RL meetings where age isn't something that needs to be worn as a label!)
One time, at another site, I got into an email exchange with a younger guy who seemed really sweet. But I kept telling him that he was too young( he was about half my age!) His final email to me he asked me to let him know if I ever changed my mind because he would do anything to be with me.
I emailed him back...
"Son, don't EVER tell a woman you will do anything to be with her.
You might find yourself doing amything from washing windows, whitewashing the chicken coop, or driving the getaway car in a bank robbery!"
Cindy O
 petula1908
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/18/2014 2:24:42 PM
silverhawk
No it doesnt make sense, younger women are not going to settle for what may be left i.e. older men, because the younger guys are busy elsewhere. lol! Cougars and younger guys very unlikely to last and form real partnerships. Happens, but rare. If you have money, personality and are reasonably fit as a middle aged man, you may catch a younger woman, sure.

By the way. you say you want a relationship on your profile, but the header says just here for the forums...... hedging our bets, are we??
 petula1908
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/18/2014 2:28:20 PM
ladyc4

Doesnt it make you laugh when these extravagant statements are made online before you have even met and you are at the receiving end of his projections and fantasies!! You only have to mention his mother, ask how old she is, and mention you may be older, or that he may have mother issues......, and most of them will disappear. lol!!
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2014 3:17:37 PM

silverhawk
No it doesnt make sense, younger women are not going to settle for what may be left i.e. older men, because the younger guys are busy elsewhere. lol! Cougars and younger guys very unlikely to last and form real partnerships. Happens, but rare. If you have money, personality and are reasonably fit as a middle aged man, you may catch a younger woman, sure.

Settle? Who said anything about them settling? Boy, I'll bet there would be quite a few women who would get their panties in a bunch if younger guys said they were "settling" for older women. Something to think about for sure!!

By the way. you say you want a relationship on your profile, but the header says just here for the forums...... hedging our bets, are we??

Nope, quite clear in both the header and in the detail that I'm happy with who I found. The window shopping that I do from time to time by having "relationship" on my profile simply confirms that. I'm not sure my GF would see it that way, mind you. I tend to be a bit flirty IRL - this is tame compared to where my mouth gets me at the bar or a party.
 petula1908
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:00:29 PM
I think cougars are beautiful animals and anyone can call me that, anytime. I even have a pendant with a cougar on it and got smirks before I realised what that meant. lol!!! Nothing wrong with being a spinster either and an old maid may be that but doesn't mean she doesn't or didn't get laid. lol! but I would prefer bachelor girl as a term.......
 petula1908
Msg: 144
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:04:54 PM
Interesting what you say about Canadian laws and child support when you have co-habited, even if the kids are not yours???? wow!! What sort of crazy law is that???. Hard enough to get even some biological fathers to support their kids. I would be very leery of getting involved with a single mother under those circumstances for sure....
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:07:15 PM

Cougars and younger guys very unlikely to last and form real partnerships.

Who said anything about doing that? Ha
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2014 6:46:43 PM

Interesting what you say about Canadian laws and child support when you have co-habited, even if the kids are not yours???? wow!! What sort of crazy law is that???. Hard enough to get even some biological fathers to support their kids. I would be very leery of getting involved with a single mother under those circumstances for sure....

Ya its been beaten to death here in the Forums in the single parent section. Just do a search on child support for step kids and you'll see endless threads about this.

Some long term forumites right here on POF have had to pay for step kids........Il_Capitano is one for sure.

Its unfortunate because laws like this discourage mixed families and place a burden on social systems and infrastructure. Case in point is that I have a home, so does my GF. Two of everything to maintain single parent homes due to risk of financial loss if the relationship goes sideways.

Anyway, I'm hijacking this thread - now back to your regularly scheduled "are you into younger guys" topic........

FWIW, I do stick to my own age when looking for a relationship. While its nice to look (and flirt) with younger women, I do find I'm most comfortable with women who I have alot in common with, and that means someone from my own generation. I know most of the threads here lately seem to indicate men go for younger women, but I guess I go against the grain and enjoy the company of a mature woman, not to mention the sex.....oh....the sex!!.........:)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MOST HATED RESPONSE--'Are You Into Younger Guys?'