Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is going on will all of the shootings....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What is going on will all of the shootings....Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I think there may be a few people in the Middle East and Africa that would like to correct you on that statement.

More proof that cable news does nothing but misinform people

Wow. I really didn't think I needed to add the disclaimer about the US having more gun violence than any other country not currently involved in a freaking WAR of some kind. Yikes. Seriously.
 DameWrite
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What is going on will all of the shootings....
Posted: 8/26/2012 10:27:04 PM
Sorry aries I do not believe we are better off and I think that being inundated with toxins is a real excuse. We CAN change environmental conditions and we better hurry up before we are all f*cked up.

Not everyone has a healthy start either, (poor babies, kids, teens) we must work together to even things out so that no one has any excuse not to live well with others.

We need to convince the sick to get healthy and show them it will be worthwhile for them to do so. It will not be easy, they are sick and it's hard for a sick person to see, hear, and trust. We have to show them that what's in it for them, is better than the bling they think is important. Sure it'll be tough but it's better than being beaten or robbed by them.

I do agree that a healthy society should be full of people who can take care of themselves and their families. Obviously we are not a healthy society because we are not capable of doing this. If not, why not? Change what is making us incapable.

Sometimes even I'm not sure that the damage is repairable. I got to hope though, it beats giving up.

So....I'm not giving up hope yet. I am making sure that I walk the walk and that I do not settle for what is sick to my body nor do I work at a job I hate just for money to buy junk. I try to make healthy choices and set a good example and help out where I can because I do realise I'm one of the lucky ones- so far.

We need to learn that less is more and be happy with that. Fear and lack motivations are driving people to extreme measures. Let's show these people that the emperor is not wearing clothes so quit envying them. As well we can help them find the strength to live a good clean life. A little support now might be just what is needed to get some through these hard times. I don't believe the stats about how it is not good to help others. We can and should stop "helping" others when all is fair, until then I'm going to help.

It's a matter of choosing struggle over suffer. I do not want to be shot so I'd better help make this world a place where people don't resort to shooting.

OMGWTF: I get the meaning of your WOW but... don't think there is a war going on IN the u.s.? Psy wars are wars and guns are made available, on purpose, to divide the people in the u.s. as well. Seriously.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2012 10:52:40 PM

OMGWTF: I get the meaning of your WOW but... don't think there is a war going on IN the u.s.? Psy wars are wars and guns are made available, on purpose, to divide the people in the u.s. as well. Seriously.

Yeah. Tell that to people in West Africa who are actually living in war zones. Go tell people in any country of your choice in the middle east that psy wars in the US are the same thing as living in downtown Aleppo. Just brutal.
 DameWrite
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2012 11:03:32 PM
I am NOT saying they are the same. It is WAY worse there and the war in the u.s. is puppy sh*t compared to what people live and die with in war zones. No argueing that.

But...there is a war going on in the u.s.

It's like brutal violence compare to passive aggressive violence. They are both violent and hurt but the brutal form is so in your face and there is no escape.
 hatter1951
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/26/2012 11:56:56 PM
here are a few thoughts about these shootings which seem to have been overlooked.
1. these shootings happen in 'gun free zones'. the colorado theater prohibited (legal) guns, chicago has tried to ban handguns in defiance of a supreme court case, and new york city bans handguns outside the home and mandates that the guns inside the home be un-usable.
2. according to the fbi's annual crime report, gun violence for the country is DOWN and continuing a downward trend.
3. more than 40 states allow private citizens to carry concealed firearms. the numbers have grown rapidly.
4. crime by concealed permit holders is insignificantly small.
5. firearms crime by the department of justice is on the rise.
6. the only true growth market currently in the united states is fire arm sales - up hundreds (and maybe thousands) of percent since 2008.
 Aries_328
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2012 11:56:58 PM

I do agree that a healthy society should be full of people who can take care of themselves and their families. Obviously we are not a healthy society because we are not capable of doing this. If not, why not? Change what is making us incapable.

You keep saying it and then taking it away. We are capable of doing this. We are not a nation full of bad and evil people like everyone wants you to believe.

Fear and lack motivations are driving people to extreme measures. Let's show these people that the emperor is not wearing clothes so quit envying them.
Look again... Who needs to be shown that the emperor is not wearing clothes. It isn't the people without clothes. It is everyone that thinks they are better and more caring and more giving because they take other peoples money to give a pittance to many and uplift none. Equality only equalizes at the lowest levels.

I can't stand quotes... But sometimes they do fit.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

We have a choice. Corrupt and vicious with masters or virtuous and capable of freedom. You can't have both.

Funny isn't it. Topic about what makes people criminal and vicious. We do. It is in all of us to some degree. The only thing we have is the choice to not do it. What isn't obvious is which choices lead to which outcome in the long run.
 matchlight
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:30:54 AM

chicago has tried to ban handguns in defiance of a supreme court case

Really? I hadn't heard that. I'd like to hear their constitutional argument. Same for NYC--I don't see how it could require people to make the guns they keep at home unusable. That's tantamount to prohibiting them from keeping arms, which obviously violates the Second Amendment.

these shootings happen in 'gun free zones'

People who go to those areas are setting themselves up to be slaughtered by any coward with a gun and a grudge against the world who happens to be around. I would be tempted to ignore those laws, and arm myself if I had to be in a place where I thought it was prudent. There have been quite a few incidents in Israel where some b-----d started murdering people but was cut down by an armed civilian before he could get very far. And it would work just the same here.
 DameWrite
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:59:02 AM
You keep saying it and then taking it away. We are capable of doing this. We are not a nation full of bad and evil people like everyone wants you to believe.

YOU may be capable of doing this but some are not. They have been spoiled, poisoned, hurt, whatever, they are not functioning properly, they are sick, they need help (for a bit) until they are capable of functioning for the good of all again.

No one wants me to believe that you are a nation full of bad and evil people and if there are those you do want this...I wouldn't listen to them anyway because they obviously have been spoiled, poisoned, hurt, whatever.
 Maybe_Have_Some_Faith
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:23:46 AM
No one wants me to believe that you are a nation full of bad and evil people
Why do you believe the U.S. is a nation full of bad and evil people? For every person that commits a violent crime in america there are roughly 245 who don't. In Canada for every person who commits a violent crime there are only 75 who don't.
 DameWrite
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:32:51 AM
^^^^^^ I DON'T believe the nation is full of bad and evil people ^^^^^^^^

I do believe that a few have been contaminated and act out badly. In the u.s. and canada and elsewhere.

I do not believe in evil at all.

Please read what I wrote.

LOL BTW where did you get those numbers/stats?
 Maybe_Have_Some_Faith
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:41:43 AM
My apologies I misread your post. The numbers are from Stats Canada and the FBI, I converted them and yes I was surprised that according to the statistics we are more violent.
 DameWrite
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:50:09 AM
I don't believe we have more gun violence nor do I believe in stats canada or the FBI as a reliable source of info.

Maybe here it canada we fight our own battles and if we think someone needs a crack on the side of the head we just give it to them instead of calling the police? Kidding.

Were you referring to gun violence?
 Maybe_Have_Some_Faith
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:58:03 AM

I don't believe we have more gun violence nor do I believe in stats canada or the FBI as a reliable source of info.

Who do you believe is a reliable source of info? The media?

Those are stats for violent crimes. Of course everyone knows gun violence is more prevalent in the US than in Canada. Violence is violence no matter how it's commited and I was just making the comparison.
 DameWrite
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 2:12:39 AM
No, not mainstream media. Probably I'd go with hospital records and police records to get info. I know it wouldn't be 100% accurate but it would probably be closer to the truth.

I see now you were referring to violent crimes not gun violence. I wasn't sure that everyone knew. I did not REALLY know. I thought so though.

It is interesting to think that us so-called friendly canadians have a mean streak after all. Not surprising though since NATO is so full of us "gentle" canadians. We are acting just as despicable as the u.s. these days and the world is watching.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/27/2012 4:56:47 AM

...The numbers are from Stats Canada and the FBI, I converted them and yes I was surprised that according to the statistics we are more violent.

How does one know the numbers are from stats Canada and or the FBI?

Seeing as you failed to supply a link to the source, they may as well be from one of the Keebler Elves as they are pretty much meaningless unless you can back them up.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 5:54:15 AM

My apologies I misread your post. The numbers are from Stats Canada and the FBI, I converted them and yes I was surprised that according to the statistics we are more violent

Whatever you did to "convert" your stats caused you to lose the plot completely. The comparison you're trying to make is only vaguely calcuable anyway. Even so any and all real comparisons show that obviously there are more violent crimes per capita in the US than Canada. By a long shot.

Historically, the violent crime rate in Canada is lower than that of the U.S. and this continues to be the case. For example, in 2000 the United States' rate for robberies was 65 percent higher, its rate for aggravated assault was more than double and its murder rate was triple that of Canada

Rate = per 100,000 in both countries.

A comparison of police-reported crime rates between Canada and the United States for 2000
shows that the U.S. has much higher rates of violent crime, while Canada generally has higher
rates of property crime. Despite differences in rates, trends in crime between the two countries
have been quite similar over the past twenty years.

What did statistics ever do to you?
 Aries_328
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 7:33:27 AM

YOU may be capable of doing this but some are not. They have been spoiled, poisoned, hurt, whatever, they are not functioning properly, they are sick, they need help (for a bit) until they are capable of functioning for the good of all again.

Who have been spoiled, poisoned, or hurt? Don't need names but demographics are relevant.
 norslyman
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:23:43 PM
Are you serious? Natural News is an awesome site. People like you have just become so mind-numbingly brainwashed that real news seems weird and your fake news seems real. Another site people may want to check out is shatterthedarkness.net - this is all part of what he calls 'The Black Awakening'. An increase of demonic activity in the last days. OH yeah, but that couldn't possibly be real. Neither is the bible.
 norslyman
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:27:12 PM

All the equipment Holmes had can be purchased at Army/Navy Stores, pawn shops and online. As we the public don't know how he paid for them (can assure you LE does) but you speculate that he was given these items by the "Govt?". I checked out naturalnews and kind of looks like a online version of the enquirer.

oops, here's the quote
 DameWrite
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:42:39 PM
There are so many people on anti depressants (about 11% of american's). There are violence-inducing effects of Prozac as well as other SSRI antidepressants, such as Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox, and Lexapro.
There are also a lot of chemical street drugs being put on the street.
Televalium is numbing and our cyber communication is hurting our bodies.
Fluoride is poisonous and it's still being put in the water supply.
Fracking is releasing toxins into the air and water supply.
Plastics and dirty oil are everywhere.
Food supply is being contaminated.
Religious based mind fcks are still going strong in some areas.
Psy wars are scaring the people into paranoia.
Violence has been glorified.
Natural settings are almost gone in the industrialized world.
Greed and fear of lack are common.

How can this sh*t go on and people NOT be affected? This is insane stuff and it is creating insane people. When they go stir crazy, are THEY really to blame? Or are we ALL to blame for letting this crap go on?

If we have any sanity left in us, and if we do not protect ourselves and our neighborhoods then yes, we should be held accountable for not protecting our sick and/or innocent.

But before we blame ourselves, let's blame the killers first who create this environment and stop these greedo's. Firstly, by letting others know what is happening to them so they quit blaming/shooting each other, secondly show by example how to, so everyone will get with the program and quit participating in the greed's toxic games that are fcking many poor souls up.

Aries you asked for demographics to support my claim that people are sick, but if you check it out, the causes of the ills are everywhere in the west and more prevalent where nature cannot be found.
 Blalah
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:47:01 PM
^^^^ Wasn't that the pilot episode for Walking Dead?
 _babblefish
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:07:09 PM

For the US/CAN/EUR crime comparisons, the later years 2008 and on the numbers I find around the web show that assualts/rapes higher in Canada and Europe than US, but US has higher homicide (with firearm)/car theft.

It wasn't until January 2012 that the United States revised a decades old definition of "rape" .. one change was to
include men;

Under the old definition, the case of former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky -- charged with 40 counts in what authorities allege was the sexual abuse of young boys -- would not be considered as rape.

the stats you've quoted are inaccurate
 Aries_328
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:30:56 PM

Aries you asked for demographics to support my claim that people are sick, but if you check it out, the causes of the ills are everywhere in the west and more prevalent where nature cannot be found.

Explain the logic. The only way your list of ills is real is a national conspiracy to not only hide the truth but also to literally enslave and dehumanize the entire country and hide that through media and all government agencies, all branches of government including the military. This would require conspiracy with all major and most minor industries and not only senior leadership but also middle management and laborers.

You have a concern that this is so real that and that the country as a whole is threatened yet can't be directly pointed to as it is so deeply ingrained into society and then you want the government to fix the problem by making things fair?

We are not as sick and helpless as you want to believe. However, your message is the message of common mass media now. So... apparently most people agree with you. It's like magic.
 DameWrite
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:55:23 PM
I did not ask the government to fix the problem by making things fair. I think people are going to have to fix things themselves in their community by getting off their asses and getting involved with what matters. They have to refuse to pay into the corruption, with their time, money and bodies. Take back our individual power and act on a local level. Hopefully local levels will come together and it will be good for all. We have to learn to trust ourselves and quit trying to change things by working within a corrupt system.

Not all are corrupt, some agency's have good intent but on the fed level things definitely are and they are making roadblocks and red tape to keep it that way.

You can call it a national conspiracy and run people down who are trying to bring the corruption to light and actually change things by sharing knowledge and by leading by example if you want, but you are not helping by name calling.

What do you do to make life better?
Are you so blind that you can't see how bad things are? Too spoiled, too drunk? Jaded?

If people/you? are not as sick and helpless as I believe (NOT because I WANT TO believe but because it's right in my face) proof it to me by your actions.

The common mass media has no choice anymore but to give way to the problem. Just don't trust that it isn't a spin to make people THINK they are actually on it and going to help. Proof is in the pudding and things are not good.

Settling for crumbs of simple acknowledgement and getting people to feel good because they use their blue box, does not make change.

The whole top down b.s. has got to go.
 Aries_328
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:58:39 PM

The whole top down b.s. has got to go

I'm only trying to show you what your message is saying... and in this case you have now said,
"Overthrow the government and replace it."

Replace it with what?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is going on will all of the shootings....