Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is going on will all of the shootings....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blueline294
Msg: 82
What is going on will all of the shootings....Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I was injured...... enough about that. What makes you think that these shootings are a conspiracy? What "agency" is responsible for this? what is their motive to kill people in a movie theater? to get guns outlawed? I'm curious as to why you think that.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 83
What is going on will all of the shootings....
Posted: 8/27/2012 5:27:17 PM
Corrupt and vicious with masters or virtuous and capable of freedom

How about virtuous and capable of freedom; with masters?

(Benevolance; I believe they call that)

Aries_328
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 6:31:34 PM

Now will you see that even you are helping them by playing the devil's advocate and giving me the heads up? Why do you think you do /did this? What motivated you?

Because since California started releasing "non violent" criminals to meet budget demands and then I started seeing it occur all over the country I have kind of been wondering if we were going to start seeing an increase in unusual violence. Not the rob you for your wheels kind but a more dramatic kind... the kind that happens when the people that do this actually commit many smaller and 'non violent' crimes and would have had involvement with police that helps keep them slightly more under control.

I hope I am wrong. I do not blame the general public or classes neither upper/middle/lower for the actions of individuals. However, I do blame politicians and using police and prisons as an experimental budget fixer. Not everyone unfairly held is good.
 DameWrite
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 6:52:08 PM
petygrace80; I do believe if we take care of these things things will be fine. And no I'm not recommending cold turkey for the people to get off the drugs, there are holistic ways and medicines and if we look after the other things first, most won't need the meds.
I do believe these drugs are dangerous because of the side effects and the unknown long term effects.

aries: I blame the profiteers. Follow the money and you usually can't go wrong.

Don't fret more prisons will be built soon (even though the u.s. has more people in prison than anywhere else). It's a money maker for those who get the contracts, and work the system. They are just busy right now making MORE money on their weapons and drugs.
 Blalah
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/27/2012 9:22:32 PM
PERRY HALL, Md. (AP) — A 15-year-old student opened fire on the first day of classes Monday at a Baltimore County high school, getting off two shots and wounding a classmate before being rushed by teachers, authorities said.
Investigators do not believe the victim, a 17-year-old male, was targeted by the shooter, a 15-year-old who is also a student at Perry Hall High School, Baltimore County Police Chief James Johnson said. The 15-year-old boy was taken into custody after the shooting and was cooperating with investigators, police said. Police took the weapon, although they did not say what kind of gun it was.

By ALEX DOMINGUEZ | Associated Press – 5 hrs ago
 norslyman
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/27/2012 9:38:52 PM

This would require conspiracy with all major and most minor industries and not only senior leadership but also middle management and laborers.

Not so. Why do you think their symbol is the pryamid? The people at the bottom have no idea what's going on. A Mason does not find out until level 33 that it's all about Lucifer. There are two ways to gain power in Witchcraft, occult sex and blood sacrifice. Many of these shootings are Ritual Sacrifices. It is Trauma Based Mind Control (which many of the shooters are under) on a massive scale. Similar to the book 'Disaster Capitalism'. Gun Control is one objective, but also good old fashioned Witchcraft and spilling blood to release higher level Demonic Forces to influence the minds of the masses with fear.
 Aries_328
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 9:45:26 PM
A Mason does not find out until level 33 that it's all about Lucifer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Lucifer ( /'lu?s?f?r/ or /lju?s?f?r/) is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word ?????? in Isaiah 14:12. This word, transliterated hêlel or heylel, occurs only once in the Hebrew Bible and according to Strong's Concordance means "shining one, morning star, Lucifer". [1] The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate,[2] which translates ?????? as lucifer,[3][4] meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus" (or, as an adjective, "light-bringing"),[5] The Septuagint renders ?????? in Greek as ??sf????[6][7] (heosphoros)[8][9][10] meaning "morning star".[11] Kaufmann Kohler says that the Greek Septuagint translation is "Phosphoros".[2]
Before the rise of Christianity, the pseudepigrapha of Enochic Judaism, which enjoyed much popularity during the Second Temple period,[12] gave Satan an expanded role. They interpreted Isaiah 14:12-15 as applicable to Satan, and presented him as a fallen angel cast out of heaven.[13] Christian tradition, influenced by this presentation,[13] came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer") for Satan as he was before his fall. As a result, "Lucifer has become a by-word for Satan in the Church and in popular literature",[2] as in Dante Alighieri's Inferno and John Milton's Paradise Lost.

http://bible.cc/isaiah/14-12.htm

New International Version (©1984)
How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
New Living Translation (©2007)
"How you are fallen from heaven, O shining star, son of the morning! You have been thrown down to the earth, you who destroyed the nations of the world.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 6:28:41 AM

Increase the Canadian population by a factor of 10X and there will likely be more than 10X the shooting

Let's do that. Canada has 34 million people. In 2010 we had 173 gun related homicides. Multiple both by 10 and you get a slightly greater population (340 million) than the actual 311 million in the US with a significantly smaller number of gun related homicides (1730 compared to 8775 actual gun related homicides in the US in 2010). Americans are just gun crazy. St Louis is the third most dangerous city in the world ahead of Mogadishu.

http://urbantitan.com/10-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world-in-2011/
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 6:54:50 AM
You assume it's a linear relationship.
If you can prove it is I'd like to see it.

Aren't you the one who said that if you multiplied the population of Canada by 10, you'd have 10 times the "shootings"? That sounds like a linear relationship to me. I think you're probably right. If not 100% right, then at least correct enough in theory to base all kinds of statistical correlations on. Wal Mart builds stores based on exactly the same principle. While shootings may not be a "linear relationship" as you sugegst it isn't, it's enough of a relationship to show that yes, in fact Americans are completely gun crazy. The daft folk that suggest an armed society is a polite society are on the leading edge of that crazy.

Homisides due to firearms
Is this a linear relationship based on population????
NO.

# 1 South Africa: 31,918
# 2 Colombia: 21,898
# 3 Thailand: 20,032
# 4 United States: 9,369
# 5 Philippines: 7,708
# 6 Mexico: 2,606
# 7 Slovakia: 2,356
# 8 El Salvador: 1 ,441
# 9 Zimbabwe: 598
# 10 Peru: 442

Oh. Ok. So you're saying that the relationship between actual population and gun related homicides isn't there. I get it. You're saying that issues like over crowding have no relationship to gun related homicides. I get it. You're totally right. Other factors are way more important than number of people living in a certain area.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 7:14:01 AM

Nope...I said there would likely be MORE.

Homicides due to firearms
Is this a linear relationship based on population????
NO.

Now I'm really confused. You did say that if you increased the population of Canada by 10 you'd have 10xs the homicides. That's a linear relationship. Is that only true for Canada? If you increased the population of South Africa by 10 would you get 319,180 homicides? I guess what you're saying is that a gun related homicide rate, something that reflects a per 100,000 rate, is a different story that total numbers? For example the rate is South Africa is about 50 per 100000 whereas the US is only about 3. The US still comes in at 5th highest in the world but it is significantly less than South Africa.

That's your perception, but not the reality.
Just what you've been fed.

Ok. Fair enough. Americans are only the 4th or 5th most gun crazy population on the entire planet.
 Aries_328
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 9:02:51 AM
Here's a better link to the shooting from last night. It talks about the rash of shootings this summer alone and about gun violence/control

I think a better view would be look at these things with something that they seem to have in common other than guns... body armor.

To have body armor is the strangest part. Crazy people going on a rampage have no real expectation of protection of self. Falling off the deep end and being pissed at your employer doesn't mean you expect to encounter armed resistance until the authorities show up that is beyond the level of planning for an emotional break. Something is wrong with the body armor cases. That is a level of planning beyond just getting the weapons. That is an expectation of trying to minimize your own hurt which should trigger the 'not want to hurt others' empathy.

Is this a social crime and we don't know what it is about? The last time I remember this is CA was the first time it had really been seen and it was the craziest bank robbery anyone had experienced for a very long time. Those guys intended on living.

If the cases with body armor are social statements. What are they trying to say?

google search for gunman and body armor excluding this incident and the batman incident.
http://goo.gl/CSuWE
 matchlight
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 10:26:22 AM
^^^^Wearing body armor sure makes an insanity defense awfully hard to sell. It shows the cold, calculated planning that makes a killing first-degree murder. It also shows, as you say, that the killer wanted to survive. And that suggests to me that if these people had been sure they would be executed, they would never have acted.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/5/2012 2:01:55 PM
Here in Ontario; we seem to be having problems with people chopping up others and leaving their remains in public places.

We DEFINITELY did "not" come out ahead in that outsourcing (Global Market), competition with third world countries. Iraq war phase.

Everything has gotten worse..no?

Compete with third world countries, and get third world country prizes I suppose....
 DameWrite
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2012 6:55:17 AM
Now more shootings...in quebec.
Was Bains crazy on meds? On booze? Did he "act out" because of financial/red tape frustration? Was his brain malfunctioning because of toxins or outside pressure?

Maybe he thought this election result might trigger the breakup of canada and he's just too much of a crazed patriot to stand by and let this happen without a fight?

Maybe some greedo/profiteers had a vacation at his lodge and provoked/drugged or bribed him to do the shooting?

Maybe the greedos want everyone afraid that there are crazies (bathrobes/joker costumes) and they are everywhere so we better be afraid of each other, blame each other, build more prisons, give up more rights and "trust them" to look after us because sure as hell we can't look after ourselves?

Should we all buy guns now? Or turn them in? Get rid of the gun registry? Bring back the registry? Buy only "made in canada" weapons?

Maybe the party the greedos have been putting on for their friends and family was at risk of being stymied by a pq woman who didn't tow their parties line and someone thought they should shut her up?

Conspiracy? or random? Who gets to really know?

and yes, there has always been violence, especially over turf. But these are supposed random shootings? Since when did these become prevalent? Unless of course there is nothing random about them.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/15/2013 9:12:51 AM

In a strange twist of irony.

Man shoots himself at NRA sponsored NASCAR race.

So clearly we need more guns.

Man shoots himself at NASCAR’s NRA 500
Monday 15th April, 2013 10:57am
Author: SpeedCafe ©

A spectator died at Saturday’s night’s NRA 500 after receiving a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

According to an Associated Press report, Kirk Franklin, a 42-year-old from Saginaw, Texas, had been arguing with fellow infield campers prior to the incident.

Read more at: http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/04/15/man-shoots-himself-at-nascars-nra-500/
 Aries_328
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2013 11:10:15 AM
Shootings a unusual attacks are occuring much more frequently then before it seems. Maybe ^^^ could consider other reasons other then guns.

This past weekend we had someone try to burn a stranger in a car at 7-11. There was a pretty severe knife attack recently. Lot's of shootings also.

It's the Mental health system and state budgets with prisons. The crazy people are not getting uncrazier and they are not being managed because we don't know how to manage them.

It isn't the economy. It isn't lack of work. It isn't disillusionment. It isn't guns, knives, nor gasoline. It's the unfortunate problem of what must happen when equal rights also applies to crazy people. Any answer to the problem will make people uncomfortable.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/01/17/1460601/republicans-claim-mental-health-gun-violence-solution/?mobile=nc

Accessing mental health services in the United States is harder than accessing a gun. In 2008, Congress took a step toward addressing that issue by passing the long-delayed Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act, which required most health insurance plans to start treating mental health services in the same way they treat all other medical care. The bill included exemptions for small businesses and those who opted not to cover mental health coverage at all, but House Republicans still overwhelmingly opposed the effort, 145 to 47.

Making weapons less available to everyone does not address the problem. Making screening for past mental state issues may do a little bit. How to handle real mental illness would be much more effective.
 peaceful_garden
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/15/2013 1:14:14 PM
The worst mass killing at a school in the usa happened in 1927 in Michigan, the culprit was a disgruntled school board member who lost an election. All the instant communication devices and media like facebook make it seem like this is a recent phenomena but its not.

The most important thing to do if you are in a building and lunatics come in shooting is to run if you can, if you can't then hide and turn off your cellphones. In one disaster victims who hid in a classroom alerted the gunman by making cellphone related noise and he convinced them he was not the shooter but needed to hide too and they opened the door for him. So hide, be quiet, turn off your ringers and don't let anyone in if you are not 100% sure who they are.

Also do not clog up 911 lines if you are in the area concerned about what is happening. It hugely slows down response time and doesn't allow the right calls to get thru with info about the location and identification of the shooter. Media, especially Fox news has been guilty of tying up the lines. Super shame on them, more children have died because of it.

algha
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/15/2013 6:10:20 PM
In the United States
1,800 females were murdered by males in the United States in 2010
The homicide rate among females murdered by males in the United States was
1.22 per 100,000 in 2010
http://www.vpc.org/studies/wmmw2012.pdf

For homicides in which the weapon used could be identified, 52 percent of female
victims (849 out of 1,622) were shot and killed with guns. Of these, 70 percent (597
victims) were killed with handguns. There were 325 females killed with knives or
other cutting instruments, 112 females killed by a blunt object, and 199 females killed
by bodily force.

Victim/Offender Relationship
For homicides in which the victim to offender relationship could be identified, 94
percent of female victims (1,571 out of 1,669) were murdered by someone they
knew. There were 98 female victims killed by strangers. Of the victims who knew
their offenders, 65 percent (1,017 victims) were wives, common-law wives, ex-wives,
or girlfriends of the offenders. Among the female intimates who were murdered, 56
percent (574 victims) were killed with guns; 71 percent of these (405 victims) were
shot and killed with handguns.

Total number of murders in the United States in the same year 2010 was 14, o43

What might that suggest? One has to assume from posts that everyone finds it acceptable. But that is just home grown figures, but killing is an industry which takes place on a global scale, with fun additions like frontrunners in global torture. So state sanctioned murders, without trial, is on an epic scale where the chosen ones are executed in a variety of countries. The kill rate of identified MALES, who qualify for execution mainly through age, are a minority compared to the overall crop of the old, women and children who are the favourite dish.

Its a shame that freedom, democracy and peace are just propaganda tools, or euphemisms for state sanctioned mass murder, in which the USA beats all other nations, in fact there is not real competition at all. What is even more interesting no individual, or nation dare attempt to question such an authority just in case they are killed or invaded, or become infected with drones.

So why not get things in proportion, and celebrate being top of the heap, a natural evolutionary position for any top predator.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/15/2013 6:35:12 PM
The long and short of it is
Gun manufacturers want to sell guns.
any limits on that, limits their profits.

The collateral damage of kids and civilians
is just part of their business model.
And it's a cushy one
as they are not liable for misuse or their product.

If folks were required to have insurance on firearms
we'd have a lot less killing
and victims could at least be compensated.

win/win!
 matchlight
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2013 8:18:35 PM

So why not get things in proportion, and celebrate being top of the heap, a natural evolutionary position for any top predator.

I already do celebrate it, every day. I know that freedom, democracy, and peace are just euphemisms for the state-sanctioned mass murder we thoroughly evil Americans delight in carrying out, and I'm damn glad of it.

I do have one regret, though--the U.S. pulls its punches far too often. We've got 6,000 hydrogen bombs sitting in our stockpile collecting dust, and I think it's high time we started using them. There are millions of Muslim jihadist curs who are spoiling for a fight with this country; we should give them all the fight they ever wanted. And we shouldn't leave out their leftist butt buddies around the world, who hate America every bit as much as the jihadists and are their natural allies. Let them all go kiss the Devil's hind end, and the sooner the better.
 theritefoot
Msg: 102
Posted: 4/15/2013 8:37:18 PM
Honestly?
Read up on anti-depressants.
This medication is over prescribed and VERY dangerous.
ALL of the school shooters were on these meds.
ALL OF THEM.
Yup.
And yet the left screams that 'the guns did it."

Have you noticed the huge amount of ads for psych meds on cable TV?
Every other ad is for an AD.
And they even warn you...."may cause suicidal or homicidal thoughts."
Oh yeah! Gimme some of that!
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/15/2013 9:36:07 PM
whoever they stole if from...
or bought it from.....
would be liable then.

if the last person legally responsible for the gun
had to have insurance....
they would be more careful who they sold it to.
or just left it lying around.
 Vesta_ceres
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:56:39 AM
I rightfully and legally owned a legally-acquired firearm in Texas. I was encouraged by LEOs and friends to have one as I was a single mother at the time and living in my own home, in a tough area. I had just moved there from Massachusetts; two diametrically-opposed cultures where gun-laws starkly differ. I learned how to use it, but I didn't feel any more safe with a firearm close-by than without. Luckily, I never needed it and the lady revolver stayed in its case in a locked safe bolted high above where my very young child wouldn't get it, for the remainder of my stay in Texas.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/19/2013 7:58:48 AM
The amount of shootings that are occuring I think are for several reasons and I am no expert but I do watch society with some interest and think that the gun/ shooting issue is one that has so many facets its not funny and it is a hard topic to deal with. Now just let me say I am a strong supporter of the second amendment and I do believe that we all have the right to keep and bare arms.

but part of the problem really is the news media: think about some recent mass shootings, The shooting at the mall here in portland, Sandyhook elementry and the Movie theater shootings just to name a few. It is sensationalized and covered in the news media for days on end. It tells these Physcotics that hey here is how to get your 15 minutes of fame and then shoot yourself and you have no consequences and you are a star in your own right.

Movies and televison: how many movies are bang bang shootem' up over a bad drug deal, or someone sleeping with someone elses wife (which on that one humm but thats a whole different debate). Or because someone stole something. I think that media is some what responsible for that also.

But then you also have politicans and judges and for some what district attorneys that are afraid to push for the death penalty and are too quick to plea bargin. Not to mention the amount of time and appeals that it takes to put someone to death and then it is not done publically. I am under the notion that murders rapists and chomo's should be put to death swiftly and publically thus showing people that there is a penalty for taking a human life unjustifiably. (cold blooded murder).

I do agree with backround checks for violent criminal acts and mental stability. I think we need to do more of that.

Saying guns kill someone is like saying spoons made me fat and my suv on its own turns into mcdonaolds and burger king. responsible gun owners should not be penalized for the crazies that are out there. And honestly if law abiding citizens want to carry a gun then let them and if they see someone committing a crime with a gun then john q public should have the right to defend another.

Its all a matter of personal responsibility. Making choices we have to deal with weather good or bad. You cannot stop the flow of guns and you cannot keep people from possessing them. They will get them leagally or illegally. So it is a matter of teaching kids, taking the streets back from crime, controlling the news media, controlling hollywood and also making sure stable people have the guns.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What is going on will all of the shootings....