Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Traveling to another country to meet someone      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 greenIsis777
Msg: 42
Traveling to another country to meet someonePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

My friend------If I loved a woman especially at a distance, I would have been at THEIR door a long time ago. Nothing could have stopped me. Dump this turkey now before you make a huge error or worse. Do not meet him. If you want to travel somewhere, go somewhere you want, do not be a FB for this guy or any other.

listen to this advice, it is excellent. good guys will come to you.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 43
Traveling to another country to meet someone
Posted: 9/22/2012 6:38:03 PM
First you don't have a right to be mad BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MET THIS GUY and DON'T HAVE A RELATIONSHIP with him other than online.................

Second, you'd be a fool to travel that far for someone you don't even know. On the flip side, you
were invited by your friend to go with her and meet her friends so it might not be so bad.
 carolann0308
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 8:11:09 PM
I think you should go to England and enjoy all the amazing sites, fun and culture it has to offer. Meet your friend for a lunch or a tour and go on your way.
You have an internet friend, and he is nothing more than a penpal until you meet. He has a life outside of your video connection and always will. You are not star crossed lovers but simply a traveler in his neck of the woods.
 darkfairycreature
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/22/2012 8:17:50 PM
I think it's unfair to assume you don't know each other because you haven't met face to face. I fell in love with a man via skype - he lives on the other side of the world, and 5 yrs later we are still best friends. What I would say is...1 - he came to me first, as another man here pointed out, if he loves you he will move heaven and earth to get to your doorstep. 2 - even if this is real - let me assure you a relationship with an ocean between you is not easy, and not cheap. My Irish man and I saw each other when we could, but at the end of the day it was just too hard. Some good advice on here...be careful, look after yourself, let him prove he loves you...think about the long term results. Good luck, it aint easy...
 vestaceres
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/22/2012 10:57:48 PM
He is a dangerous player and under no circumstances should you meet him.He doesn't care about you or the online exchanges you bothered to engage, over the past five years.

I traveled more to meet somebody I had met online, but there was no question with whom his interest belonged.
 met-at-the-gym
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/9/2012 5:42:42 PM
Worst idea ever...do NOT do it!!!!
 Bella_RF
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/9/2012 10:07:39 PM

HIS way of thinking about being in love, and yours, are not identical

So very true and happens more often than people think.

falling in love" while nice and fun, really is NOT a good indication of compatibility, or of what important decisions one ought to make about their lives.

Not to be taken lightly and time exposes all.
 LaughingHeart12
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/10/2012 10:04:51 AM
[cuote]Am I wrong to be upset that hes still talking to women on date sites when he says hes fallen for me and Im traveling 6000 miles to see him? Am I overreacting?

Not at all wrong. And not at all overreacting. He's not worth your time. Move on.
 sigungq
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/10/2012 2:52:33 PM
OP, I have traveled to many other countries, though not with the intent of "meeting anyone", other than on business. However, in general, I have found meeting women, and dating in other countries, especially Europe, to be far easier than in the USA. Asia is not too bad, once you learn the cultural idiosyncrasies. That takes a little time and patience though. But in the USA, dating is extremely difficult, so if you can afford to go abroad, go for it. It's far better.
 AusteniticSteelMan
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/10/2012 4:49:25 PM
I know this has been done to death already but.

It's a trap.

He doesn't respect you.

Save your money for a better man.

Are all phrases that come to my mind. If you still decide to go, because you need 'closure' or something like that, you're wasting your time, and I can already tell you how it will end up....and it won't be nice.

Dust your pants off, and keep going before this fool slings mud on your face.
 honeypalooza
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/12/2012 1:16:10 AM
I would travel to the ends of the earth to meet someone...if I was already going there....kinda like you are with your friend to see her friends. He is the cream in the center of a chocolate cake dahlin...whatcha gonna do spoilin it before you even get to take a good taste?

If it turns out sour then spit it out and have a good time with your friends....geesh

quittin him right now is dumber than a .....(you fill in the blanks) and way too much pressure on a guy.
 OutMind
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/12/2012 3:22:12 PM
Here's the problem I have with the whole scenario. People that spend a tremendous amount of time online, even talking on the phone, or cammig, when they meet, are disappointed. Why? Because they felt in love with an illusion in their own minds, not a real person.

This may nor may not work out. But my advice is that you make your plans with your friends and then while there you go out on a date with this guy. No hotels. No other friends, just the two of you. And you do so with no expectations. If the chemistry kicks and it's all good. Go from there. If it doesn't, nothing is lost. Also, do plan or tell him that first date, you will not sleep with him. Then if you still feel great about the guy, make a second date. Again from your friend's house, and then whatever happens, happens, including wild passionate sex, but only if it feels right.
 hen
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/12/2012 4:45:45 PM
he was trying to scam you. I am not sure if you lost any money, but haven't you seen all the warnings all over the interent. Why can a real person love you, why in earth do you really thing you are in love with a profile. Please wake up and move on. Suppose you have already bought the tickets, so have a back plan this guy have some shady stuff. Please don't let him steal from you or use you in any other way.
True love doesn't happen virtually. Once you live with someone thats when it happen. Infatuation happens virtually. This might be older man, women, handicap, in jail, in another country looking for money etc etc.
either way grow up and talk to real single guys around you try dating them.
 sigungq
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/12/2012 6:19:34 PM
@spanky_chris :

CANADA???????? That's not another country, that's just another state.......... ;-)
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2012 6:26:48 PM
Dude is married, get a hotel not his place for you and your friend. Really you could not find a guy in your State let alone your Country.
 pinkmittens
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/12/2012 6:48:12 PM
he should be going to you to meet.

didnt you say your friend asked you to go with her? so why be bothered about this guy.

he is single, you are single and talk is cheap!
 strawberryrippleicecream
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/12/2012 10:20:36 PM
I'm of the opinion, you should SAFELY follow your heart.
Safely being the optimium word.
Do what is considered safe,.

You may well, have met the man of your dreams, if you don't go, you wont know, and Love does cost, but be safe and make the right decisions, until you know for sure, he is legitt, and you are safe with him.

Your girl friends offer, couldnt have come at a better time.
I'm wondering about the Hotel issue though.

A good Hotel, in a good part of London, is safer I feel, if you and your girl friend ,stay in the same room.

He can then travel to meet you both, maybe he is, at the other end of the country, make him travel across country, to meet you, don't you also travel to his town.

I would antisipate being really cautious, you and He'' can always dine out, get to know each other properly, correctly, and yet your girl friend is right there, and he will know that too, so you should be safe.
 HappinesslsOurs
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/14/2012 9:38:42 AM
2 words: "MTV Catfish"

Go to your local park, supermarket, coffe shop or book store. You're likely to see/meet someone that'll catch your eye if you really want it.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/14/2012 9:45:50 AM
I'd cross the pond to meet Technopunk, if I had the money...grins

(and yep, he knows that)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Traveling to another country to meet someone