Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NDTfan
Msg: 106
IS THE WORD FIT SCARING THE BEEJEEBERS OUT OF ANYONE ELSE?????Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
It doesn't scare me at all. There are plenty of men out there who don't limit themselves to a certain body type. It's best that those who do want a "fit" woman (usually pulled straight out of their pron fantasies) say it upfront in their profiles so that they don't waste anyone's time or disappoint them. Who cares? Most of them won't get it, but we all have our dreams huh?

It still goes back to what I said earlier. Fit is "fit"...Fit is not "thin" ...and many times when the word "fit" is used, when they are really looking for "thin." FYI...healthy is "in." The anorexic look is out....just saying. I live in OC...the land of anorexic, tanorexic, bad bleach blondes, and stupid...but "thin" women. They go to the gym in full make up but can't make it through one spin class. So what does that say? I have a bangin curvy shape, but not thin, and can make it through an entire spin, kickboxing or zumba class. So which one of us is "fit."

How'd I know that someone would chime in with this sort of statement.....

You don't know if these women are stupid. You're just telling yourself that to make yourself feel better for not having what they have. It's human nature to feel jealousy, but grown ups shouldn't have to make up stories to comfort themselves.
 ladyc4
Msg: 109
IS THE WORD FIT SCARING THE BEEJEEBERS OUT OF ANYONE ELSE?????
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:02:31 AM
I used to smoke.
I led a life of work and activities that would have killed 10 ordinary women.

As a result of that, I cannot claim myself to be a radiant picture of health but I do alright for someone with a chronic pain/fatigue condition.
I had a friend, little bit of a thing, probably didn't weigh 100 lbs soaking wet-she was a couple of years older than I...
she died last year.
Killed by the coffee and cigarettes that kept her slim.

I might have slowed down and gained weight-(and not ALL of my activity reduction is about my health,btw-nor is my current condition/situation permanent).

When I consider a persons' health, weight, level of physical fitness, activity level, I look at the total picture-and how they got where they are; I don't fixate on one aspect.
If I could identify anything in profiles that scares me(with or without beejeebers) it would be indicators of mental/emotional UNfitness.
What the hell good is a guy who can climb a mountain before breakfast, if his purpose in that climb is so that he can stare down at the world with bitterness and resentment?
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >