Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grove_22
Msg: 6
No response?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I think the OP should wait a few more days. If he still haven't heard from her, then contact her one more time. If she doesn't respond to his second text, then move on. When a person doesn't respond to 2 consecutive contact attempts ( whether by phone, email, or text ), I think most of the time that person lost interest for whatever reason.

Sure the OP could have called her, but I don't think that would make much a difference. Since texting had been their primary form of communication. If she's not interested, she simply may not answer or return his call.
 OutMind
Msg: 8
No response?
Posted: 8/28/2012 8:18:19 AM
Long distance? What kind of phone plan do you have? It sounds to me that you need to call her. If she doesn't respond, leave a message and go from there. You may also check with using something like Skype.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 13
No response?
Posted: 8/28/2012 6:26:53 PM
she found someone else man, bottom line. of course there are other possibilities, but often the simplest answer is the correct one. you can call her if you like, but either she wont answer the phone, or she will act distant.

you tried man. you tried to talk to her and shes just not returning your attention anymore. forget her.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 18
No response?
Posted: 8/31/2012 5:15:09 PM

I've never had a cell phone that charged for long-distance unless you were calling another country... sounds weird to me.

You don't live in Canada, My last plan didn't charge for LD, butI also couldn'at use it in my apartment (no reception). WE pay a lot more for a lot less oncell phone packages here.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 19
No response?
Posted: 9/2/2012 10:31:14 AM
There isn't too much you can do here. Chalk it up to a disappointment/setback & move on. You can't make anyone love you, or in this case, stay interested in you.
I can only speculate why she lost interest, maybe she's got a lot going on being a single parent, & isn't ready for a relationship like she thought she was. However, why doesn't she have custody of her child? This is a gigantic red flag. Who has the custody of her child? Usually the mother always has custody unless there are serious underlying issues like drugs or abuse neglect issues. Perhaps her mother is raising the child because she is immature for her age? Again, only speculation here, but a red flag that can't be ignored.
She may have some anxiety over money problems, if she's not if she's not making enough to make ends meet. If I don't have any money to go out, I spend the weekend in, at the house.
Maybe she doesn't have any money to come out, & is embarassed to ask if you will pay, she doesn't know you well enough to now if you will, & these days some guys are big cheapscates & expect a lady to pay her own way, even in the beginning stage.
I don't think you were clingy & I think you did everything right. You're young, you're a nice looking young man, & you will meet a nice young lady who will appreciate you & will want to spend time with you. Sorry this didn't work out for you, but keep trying.
After I posted I read the thread, I didn't realize you never even called her! Get a new phone carrier! I pay $35 a month for unlimited calls to anywhere! I don't have a fancy phone with internet don't need it. Put that on your To Do list this week!
 aussieblues
Msg: 25
view profile
History
No response?
Posted: 9/4/2012 12:19:14 AM
my cell phone makes calls as well as sends sms..........JS
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 27
No response?
Posted: 9/4/2012 10:46:13 AM
So I replied that I was expecting to see her again soon anyways, to which she replied(in her own words); "****in right we will, but this time you should come over". So we mutually decided two weeks later would be a good time(she was gonna have her son the next weekend).

You should have thrown out the notion to continue the date longer near her end of town, if she'd like. She probably would have agreed. Reason I say this is that if she's only available every other weekend, you'd only be able to see her every 2 weeks...

... which, even given a great lengthy date and talking a lot afterward, can result in lack of interest by bringing one down to earth. You both kissed some after a lengthy date. Is that going to last 2 weeks? Not with everyone, especially if she has other potential options abound that may be a little more convenient, too. Going over to her place MAY have anchored things in more (and of course been enjoyable).

It's good she lost her cellphone service and all that ... that can be a bit of an excuse or something sometimes, but glad it worked out. If you run into the same type of situation again -- many days without service AND she doesn't facebook YOU about it if you've been talking -- then you shouldn't be so eager about her. But if Sat goes well and all, little chance of that!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >