Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How did you choose your screen name?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 19
view profile
History
How did you choose your screen name?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
LOL, then why are you on this dating web site.? Looking for another fish to catch???
 CharminC
Msg: 20
How did you choose your screen name?
Posted: 9/1/2012 10:20:48 AM
I'm constantly told how charming my kids are, that it must come from me. I dropped the g and my first initial is C
hence.. .CharminC
For years,I was better known and in some cases famously known as Whitetigeress. I miss that username. *wipes a tear*
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/1/2012 11:46:13 AM
Frijolera means beaner, although Im not mexican I am hispanic from the southwest and I love martial arts and the old epic movies ... plus it just sounds silly!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 12:41:11 PM
I chose the name "Molly Maude" because one of my grandmothers invented that name for herself
on her first day of school when the scary school marm demanded she stand up, straight and tall,
and tell her first, middle and last name ... not HAVING a middle name, my Grandma stood up ...
as tall as a 5-year-old can stand ... and said loudly that her name was "Molly Maude Walker" ...
which caused everyone else in class to gasp ... because "Molly" WASN'T her name! no one knew
where she'd come up with that "Molly" ...

I thought that showed an admirable amount of bravery and ingenuity !!! and it amuses me!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2012 1:19:34 PM
Okie dokie, Betteroffsingle. Life is all about choices, isn't it?
 HDready10
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2012 3:12:24 PM
its obvious where HD comes from. HD was not as popular when i chose to use it 3 years ago. nowadays everything is advertised with HD in it.

lookin back to when you had to have the little black box and we were given a timeline to buy a new tv (to help the economy) to get the crystal clear channels, even with rabbit ears. i still have one of those black boxes in my bedroom with a 25 inch rca i bought over 10 years ago and i guess that thang is never gonna peter out.

ive been somewhat successful here on a dating site with HD.

there is a new technology coming out soon thats beyond 3d could be a little pricey. its ok...... i'll just keep my clear picture 55 inch HD and oh by the way i still use rabbit ears.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/2/2012 10:21:38 PM
SSC-SAF- Well, my brother and sister are both Auburn fans and we love each other, but give each other heck during collage football, so in the spirit of good fun, I gotta' ask you.... How did you like the Auburn/Clemson game? ;)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/2/2012 10:33:58 PM
Irish Eyez- We share share some Irish :) I am mostly Irish on my fathers side.
 aussieblues
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 10:01:09 PM
Im an australian blues singer.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2012 5:23:01 AM
When I was in the navy years ago, I was in communications intelligence - basically, I spent the cold war listening to the godless commies on the other side of the pole, cryptography, etc - all in all, a very cool, interesting way to earn a living :) I even learned to speak Russian. And then I took an honours degree in Soviet & East European Studies in university.

Admiral Sergei Gorshkov was one of the main architects of the Soviet Navy - he, more than anybody else, was responsible from turning the Soviet navy from basically a coastal defence force into what was arguably the best blue water navy in the world.

When I first got online in the early '80s, I started using Gorshkov as a name on-line - and I've used Gorshkov almost everywhere, ever since.

@aussieblues:

I've been a major fan of the Bondi Cigars for years.
 vestaceres
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/9/2012 3:06:32 PM
This is a great thread.

I chose my username because I like astrology and astronomy and ancient beliefs. Since these asteroids (dwarf planets?) well aspect difficult planetary positions in my natal and transitory charts in astrology, and are strong in their prominence in the asteroid belt, they deserved my respect. :)

Apart from that, in the religion of ancient Rome, Goddess Vesta is the virtuoso of home and family where is Goddess Ceres is a hot momma who is high in fertility and is the mother of mothers. I used to have a username with a Grecian goddess who was the mother of all the gods and goddesses and mothers. In astrology Vesta makes a conjunction with my natal moon -- which is said to be good for business and born nurtures.
 40sayers
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:08:28 PM
After Gale Sayers & the number he wore.

My all time favorite football player.
 Automatic Slim
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2012 7:52:15 AM
I was listening to an old blues song (Wang Dang Doodle) and there it was.
 statemachine500
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/12/2012 8:06:37 PM
Some self depreciating humor.A finite state automaton.That name itself was not available,so I added a military formation with which I have a connection.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/14/2012 3:00:00 PM
brian11543- You made me laugh, in a good way. And, just how, Mr. brian, did you think of tonguemaster? ;) ;D
 bamagrl68
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/14/2012 3:03:16 PM
everburning- So your favorite element is fire? According to astrology, I'm a fire sign (Leo). Elementally speaking, in your terms. I did the test one time and I'm a blend of earth and water :)
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2012 6:50:47 AM
i'm from pittsburgh pa so that pretty much explains it. lol

Sticks70
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2012 7:16:12 PM
It was my nickname back in highschool. A few old friends still use it occasionally :)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 9:49:30 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^Love rasberry icecream user name.

I use a lot of peppermint in many things from tea to herbal remedies and oil remedies.
I smell like peppermint, my home smells like a peppermint factory,I eat peppermints.

Adore petunias,esp Mexican petunias and have loads of purple ones all over the yard (frt/side and back).

Makes me happy to look at them attracting butterfly's and humming birds.

Plus so many plays on peppermint
pepper, pepps, peppi, Dr pepper, Sgt pepper ..yo cayenne
People seem to have fun coming up with a nick name for my user name.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:39:34 PM
I chose my name because I simply like pretty flowers....
 1964armymom
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:24:33 PM
I used this username because I've met and/or dated too many people that are anti-military, and I wanted to make a point of this is who I am. Also why I use the profile picture I do. It's not 'all' that I am, but it is a major deal breaker if they have negative views towards the military and/or weapons.
 LennyPane
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2012 12:30:33 AM
I'm a big Beatles fan. Hence the play on 'Penny Lane'.
 torgo70
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:56:16 AM

Mine is a former televsion series. I have a framed press-kit photo hanging on my office wall at work. It fits into my lifestyle so I went with that. The numbers are my DOB.

Love that show, it should have went on longer! Go Bruce!
 torgo70
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:59:03 AM
I'm a huge horror fan, love cheesy horror flicks, also a huge fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Torgo is the name of a character from the late 60's horror schlock classic "Manos - The Hands Of Fate", Manos is one of the films they viewed on MST3K.
 AstroCat505
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/28/2012 11:43:04 AM
I chose synchronicity because it seems to be the required force to cause simultaneous coincidences that are related in a meaningful way to happen. It's a conceptual relationship of minds, defined as the relationship between ideas. Originally developed and defined by Carl Gustav Jung.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How did you choose your screen name?