Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Hot for teacherPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Well, I'm glad to hear that "he got off with [you]", even if it was only at a bus stop.

It certainly sounds as though he detected your attraction and at least semi-pursued it. The main question I would have is, whether he's actually single (or some form of it) or not. Entirely guessing, but since he didn't make a more straightforward move, such as giving you his personal email, or actually asking you out in some way, I'd bet that he is NOT really 'available.'

Could be that he's just shy, of course.

Good luck.
 Puppydog54
Msg: 6
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/30/2012 10:03:39 PM
Well... If the student / teacher relationship still existed I'd say to forget it. But since he is no longer your instructor (and you are reasonably certain he's not taken) I suggest that you take the bull by the horns and email him... ask him to have coffee with you. Seems like the only way you'll know for sure. My guess is that he's shy and needs a little "push".

Good luck!
 Giggles10000
Msg: 7
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/30/2012 10:05:35 PM
Email him a link to this thread and see what he does!

So what is the worse thing that can happen if you email him and say--now that you are no longer my teacher would you like to meet me for a walk in the park or a drink somewhere and put your phone number in it and hit send. He can either reply that he is involved, or just friendly or not respond at all (you wont die from rejection) or he could call you and set up a time to meet---ya really got nothing to lose but the opportunity to get to know this man better if you don't email him.
 privat33r
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/30/2012 10:56:16 PM
He is obviously after you. There's sorta a rule of 7 minutes. If someone is hanging out with you for longer than that there's chemistry involved.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 9
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/31/2012 6:33:09 AM
In the last two months, I have heard from two former students on FB who had a fantasy for the teacher and wanted to make it a reality. I can't say that every instructor experiences this, but I have heard more male teachers than female teachers who have had this happen. For them, it is usually in the form of "I will do anything to pass your class."

I love my job. There is NO way I would jeopardize it by dating a student at the school where I teach--it doesn't matter if he is my student or not. It doesn't matter if I am attracted or not. The consequences are much too fatal.

The instructor might have an attraction for you, but if you are still a student at the school, think hard before you make your attraction known!
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/31/2012 6:56:22 AM
I'm dating a professor. Thank god he has excellent boundaries and knows how vulnerable even a hint of impropriety with a student would make him. So, I'd like to think that he would not go even as far as your professor did with you.
 Maleman999
Msg: 11
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/31/2012 8:31:01 AM

...he has mentioned he has never been married.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have a girlfriend. Or he might be in a common-law situation. If you plan on taking any more classes at this school, it could be awkward for him. It's like dating a co-worker. It could turn out bad if things go south. You have given him enough hints that you are interested in him. The ball is in his court, so if he doesn't contact you, he's not interested. You wouldn't have anything to lose by showing an interest in him, but that's not necessarily the same for him.

Another thing to consider is chances are you aren't the first student to be attracted to him and won't be the last. It's probably happened lots of time before and will in the future. How would you feel if you were to date him and other female students start flirting with him? Are you always attracted to authority figures?
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/31/2012 12:33:13 PM
Email him, see where it goes, if he doesn't ask you out, ask him out for coffee or something light.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 17
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/31/2012 5:10:13 PM
Me? I'd wait til the grade was in. And then invite him to dinner. Easy.
 Dødheimsgard
Msg: 18
Hot for teacher
Posted: 8/31/2012 5:44:55 PM
Thank you young lady for resurrecting an old VanHalen song.

That is all.
 TRESemme1
Msg: 19
Hot for teacher
Posted: 9/1/2012 11:40:38 AM

I'm sure they are not ALL that way, but one that would so obviously flirt with you has probably done that before -- so don't think you're all that special.

The poster who wrote the above statement is right. He has probably done that before and will do that as well in the future as attractive female students always come around. He's presently doing it with you.
 CharminC
Msg: 21
Hot for teacher
Posted: 9/2/2012 1:03:00 AM
[So I did end up emailing but wasnt forward about anything. Just asked how I filter emails you receive that have certain words in them. .....no response :( oh well]

You're 29. Get some more nerve and be direct. Ask for a coffee meetup.
When things hit off, I suggest a role play. You play the teacher.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Hot for teacher
Posted: 9/2/2012 1:06:02 PM
Op, if you're that hung up over this guy, grow some courage and ask him out! Good grief!

Not trying to be mean, but good hell. How do you feel now knowing that you didn't have the stomach to pursue your attraction? You think you can blow it off as another "oh well."? This will eat at you for some time if you don't act, because you will never know the answer to what could have been. I'm not solely blaming you either. If he was feeling it too, then shame on him too for sitting there like a steaming pile of dung.

Even if you get shot down, you'll still feel good about yourself for overcoming your fear by asking. And you'll have your answer about his availability too. I've been there in my younger years. Never again. Wondering is the worst.

Never mind all these other people and their do this, do that, what if's. This is about you going after what you want.
 FreeBC
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Hot for teacher
Posted: 9/2/2012 6:31:40 PM
Igor, wtf man? Why are you getting so Dr. Phil up in here? I want to see your credentials, fool.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >