Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What if you found your soul mate was the same sex as you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 northwildwoodnjman1969
Msg: 107
What if you found your soul mate was the same sex as you?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
It would never happen...I'm 100% not gay
 bamagrl68
Msg: 108
What if you found your soul mate was the same sex as you?
Posted: 2/13/2015 11:59:51 PM
basilisk123- No, you are not a hypocrite.
You are straight, so am I.
The only thing we CAN do is think of it in the abstract.
We pretty much said the same thing, just in a different way.
I'm not REALLY ever going to be attracted to another woman, but I could TRY to put myself in the OP's place, by thinking, as you put it, in the abstract.
That's how you become open minded, it's not about saying "I would do that", it's about putting yourself in the other person's place and saying you understand how THEY feel. :)
 deetristate
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/14/2015 9:38:18 AM
Despite media assault and PCness and "cool"ness, it is possible to have a close friend of the same sex and not have sex with him or her. Really. It really is
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/21/2015 11:37:20 AM
To answer the question, I would regard them as a close friend, but wouldn't act upon it. Don't have a problem with anyone who dates the same sex (have a friend who has had long term relationships with both men and women), but if I do end up with someone, it would be a man. And yes, echoing what another poster said, it is entirely possible just to be friends.
 daynadaze
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2015 2:26:34 PM

Despite media assault and PCness and "cool"ness, it is possible to have a close friend of the same sex and not have sex with him or her. Really. It really is

I'm not sure where you get that the idea of accepting and respecting people who happen to be gay or bi, is somehow an assault from the media or how that type of PC respectfulness is somehow saying that we all have to be gay if we have close friends of the opposite gender? There's a leap there that is odd.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/21/2015 9:05:00 PM

I have known him since junior high and golf with him as often as I can. Our sense of humor has us playing off of each other like Hawkeye and Trapper. We consider each other the best friend we could possibly have. Neither of us is gay, so a romance is out of the question. Not sure if that still qualifies as a soul mate.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What if you found your soul mate was the same sex as you?